Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Any US based Seagulls suffering with the Polar Vortex

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
It's been effing freezing in NYC, but not as bad as the Mid West

I was on a construction site yesterday on the 16th floor of a skyscraper being built. It was brutal, those guys working there really earn their paycheck when the weather is like that.

I buy a newspaper from an old guy by the subway where I live. He must be in his mid 70's, still there this morning - that's what I call hard core

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford

I was on a construction site yesterday on the 16th floor of a skyscraper being built. It was brutal, those guys working there really earn their paycheck when the weather is like that.

I buy a newspaper from an old guy by the subway where I live. He must be in his mid 70's, still there this morning - that's what I call hard core

My brother [MENTION=10816]dale jasper football guru[/MENTION] is upstate Michigan. -40c with the windchill yesterday.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patreon
May 8, 2007
Toronto
The short amount of time I've spent outside this week has certainly been an experience. Walking back from the subway station last night with a windchill of around -32C wasn't what I'd call pleasant.

So.CalGull

Sep 28, 2010
Orange County. California.

Greetings Mr Lyndhurst, not so much over this way, we have had more rain than normal, but the day times are still shorts and T-shirts I am apologetically report.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patreon
May 8, 2007
Toronto
Having spent the past 3 1/2 weeks in Mexico City on business, I am not looking forward to returning to Toronto on Monday. It's been over 20 (C) every day so far. :cool:

It's going to be a balmy 7 (seven) degrees on Monday. There's some big piles of snow, I hope you like slush.

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
Greetings Mr Lyndhurst, not so much over this way, we have had more rain than normal, but the day times are still shorts and T-shirts I am apologetically report.

It's a tough life on the West Coast!:)

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Where's Global Warming gone? :dunce:

Albion my Albion

NSC Patreon
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA
I haven't been in Chicago in over a month but I'm told by relatives and friends that city prepared well for the deep cold spell. Almost everybody stayed home from school and places of employment on Wednesday and Thursday. I have heard that temperatures will be -7 C today and approximately 5 C on Saturday. By Sunday Chicago's temperature should be 10 C.

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
Currently an hour SW of Toronto. Lowest we got here was -40. Unsurprisingly our car wouldn’t start yesterday morning!!!

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
My daughter is flying over to NYC on Tuesday, what are the temperatures likely to be, Lyndhurst?

It's supposed to be getting better next week - mid 40s to low 50s F (Americans still don't do Centigrade) - but it's when you cross the Avenues that you can hit with high winds from North / South and that's when you get the wind chill - so probably worth packing some layers. But even when it's been really cold we've still been getting some sun in the day which helps, especially when the wind drops. Hope she enjoys NYC

portlander

Jul 16, 2003
Portland, Maine, USA
Darn chilly up here in Maine, but nothing we're not used to. Ironically the Patriot fans who have gone down to Atlanta aren't finding things much warmer down there either. Supposed to be significantly milder next week everywhere.

Coldeanseagull

Opinionated
Mar 13, 2013
Coldean
Pah, you norf americans no nuffin. 6 inches, 6 INCHES I tell ya of white stuff i had to remove from the car this morning....and it was 0c!:whistle:

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here