Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Loco appearance today! Wtf!

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
He was offside - It would have been ruled out.

cf11f324768d9b27b1482c00029d634a.jpg

Yep. In any case, if people really MUST single out a player, how about the idiot that left us down to ten men for an hour?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I thought Solly was our best player yesterday and has struck up a good partnership with Trossard so not sure why GP took Solly off for Loco.

Must admit I dont think Jurg will come good, seems very heavy and awkward on his feet, he may pop up with a goal but cant see us getting any consistent 8/10 performances from him.

Trossard and Burn aside who else do we get consistent 8/10 performances from?

origigull

Jun 29, 2009
Should have scored from 5yds, apart from the fact his touch was abysmal and zero pace - really had enough chances to impress but failed miserably- give Connelly a chance now and loan Loco out or sell
When you are a sub sometimes it takes a while to get up to the speed of the game. Yes he should have scored and would have got a 5.5 for the time he was on the pitch from me. Have a look after 7-9 games then decide. Not on last season when most were poo.

Recidivist

Apr 28, 2019
Worthing
I thought Solly was our best player yesterday and has struck up a good partnership with Trossard so not sure why GP took Solly off for Loco.

Must admit I dont think Jurg will come good, seems very heavy and awkward on his feet, he may pop up with a goal but cant see us getting any consistent 8/10 performances from him.

Got to agree with this. Odd substitution I thought. Personally, I would have liked to have seen Mooy on for Propper or Stephens. Approach play was pretty good throughout but final ball not good enough.

We have to make a decision on JL soon. He has been with us for 20 months or so (?) and he's rarely impressed. I've been in the wait and see camp till recently but I think I've seen enough now to feel he should move on.

Given our emphasis on pressing and pace it's hard to see how he fits in really? A half-decent game every 3 or 4 matches just isn't good enough at this level.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gully Forever

May 9, 2011
I forgot about when he hit the side netting, I was far more disappointed with his lack of ball control, during his entire time on the pitch.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Have a look after 7-9 games then decide.

Jeez! How many games do some people NEED in order to decide? Bloke's a slow and ponderous dud. Tho due to Andone's dickhead actions yesterday, Locadia will doubtless get far more match minutes than he deserves on merit in the next few games.

Originunknown

BINFEST'ING
Aug 30, 2011
SUSSEX
Woeful cameo, put in less running than Maupay who had been on the whole f'ing game.

Had accepted our defeat with the odds stacked against us before getting off the bench. Nothing positive about his play or manner coming on yesterday.

GoingUp

Aug 14, 2011
Sussex By The Sea
Got to agree with this. Odd substitution I thought. Personally, I would have liked to have seen Mooy on for Propper or Stephens. Approach play was pretty good throughout but final ball not good enough.

We have to make a decision on JL soon. He has been with us for 20 months or so (?) and he's rarely impressed. I've been in the wait and see camp till recently but I think I've seen enough now to feel he should move on.

Given our emphasis on pressing and pace it's hard to see how he fits in really? A half-decent game every 3 or 4 matches just isn't good enough at this level.

TBF to Locadia he has been injured during that period but I agree Mooy would have been a good sub. Im a big Propper fan and think he will shine under Potter but he was having a bad game yesterday, he just couldnt seem to get involved. Or shoot!

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Woeful cameo, put in less running than Maupay who had been on the whole f'ing game.

Had accepted our defeat with the odds stacked against us before getting off the bench. Nothing positive about his play or manner coming on yesterday.

This 100%.

There was a loose ball 5 minutes after JL came on, far nearer to him than Maupay. He stood still (at absolutely no benefit to us), yet he left Maupay to chase the ball/Stains defender down.

To get away with that attitude, a player needs to be either an exceptional creator (the latter years Pirlo, Scholes), or a proven finisher.

He’s neither.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Locadia is very similar to Linton will get you goals just not the most orthodox of players. The only difference is they will play Linton who will probably end up with 15-20 and we won’t play Locadia who would most likely hit the same figures.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Locadia is very similar to Linton will get you goals just not the most orthodox of players. The only difference is they will play Linton who will probably end up with 15-20 and we won’t play Locadia who would most likely hit the same figures.

There literally no evidence at PL level to support that.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Saturday apart JL is quite a good finisher in and around the box from what little I’ve seen.

Yes against lower level teams and when given lots of space, just not something you routinely get in the PL.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I've tried so hard to ignore this, but it's the itch I just can't stop scratching at.
Thankfully [MENTION=4934]One Teddy Maybank[/MENTION] has already touched on this, but nobody else so here goes. (Please forgive me oh lord)

How do posters describe Murray's cameo?

Locadia came on didn't get 2 shots away.
Missed with the shot he make.
Recovered his poor touch to earn a dangerous free kick.

Basically every Big Jurg did turned to shite.

Murray came on 6 minutes later, was on the pitch for 21 minutes.
1 poor cross.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here