Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Line of Duty

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
One thing I’ve not seen mentioned (or have I missed something) is the short scene where Lisa, Miroslav and the young crim are sat in the car, they talk about him “passing his exam” and “going for the interview”.
Is he going to join the police?
Are all three of them coppers and the young one going for promotion?

Or have I missed something obvious?

The young criminal is Ryan, who was the young kiddie in the first series who helped torture Arnott. I think he is trying to join the old bill, and become the new caddy, as it seems to be the same route Dot Cotton followed.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
The young criminal is Ryan, who was the young kiddie in the first series who helped torture Arnott. I think he is trying to join the old bill, and become the new caddy, as it seems to be the same route Dot Cotton followed.

Ah, cheers. Better memory than me!

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
One thing I’ve not seen mentioned (or have I missed something) is the short scene where Lisa, Miroslav and the young crim are sat in the car, they talk about him “passing his exam” and “going for the interview”.
Is he going to join the police?
Are all three of them coppers and the young one going for promotion?

Or have I missed something obvious?

Is he supposed to be the gobby kid Ryan from series 1 and 2 now grown up a bit and doing his A-Levels?

He was what, 12 in series 1, how much time are we supposing has passed between series?

edit:

Ha ha yes it is, it's even the same actor!!

https://www.radiotimes.com/news/tv/2019-04-01/line-of-duty-series-five-ryan-balaclava-gang/

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Is he supposed to be the gobby kid Ryan from series 1 and 2 now grown up a bit and doing his A-Levels?

He was what, 12 in series 1, how much time are we supposing has passed between series?

edit:

Ha ha yes it is, it's even the same actor!!

https://www.radiotimes.com/news/tv/2019-04-01/line-of-duty-series-five-ryan-balaclava-gang/

Let it go ! remember our " Un-named City " has only two sets of inhabitants, either crims or Rozzers. Confusingly some of the crims are Rozzers and some of the Rozzers are crims.

What really confuses me is when senior offices espouse things like " The general public require action to tackle corrupt police officers urgently or public confidence will suffer " …… What general public ? apart from a couple of WAGs and HAB's there are no general public to be seen.

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
Did we find out why Hastings binned his pc a few episodes ago?

And what’s with Lisa being all tearful on occasions?

Also, the way Hastings greeted Lisa in the club and the way she shouted don't shoot aroused my suspicions further. Since episode 1 when she didn't shoot the female office she's seemed like a copper.

Lower West Stander

Mar 25, 2012
Back in Sussex
Rather disappointingly my theory was blown open on Twitter yesterday.

The definition of Cottan blinking his eyes at G rather than H seems to be in the public domain now.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Sorry for the minor hijack as this is nothing to do with LoD, but...

...Look at his face, just look at his face - when Mayo cuts to him after reeling off all THE names:-

[tweet]1123629576838680582[/tweet]

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Sorry for the minor hijack as this is nothing to do with LoD, but...

...Look at his face, just look at his face - when Mayo cuts to him after reeling off all THE names:-

[tweet]1123629576838680582[/tweet]

I like Graham, very charismatic guy in real life from the interviews I’ve seen with him.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Stephen Graham has done a couple of great episodes on Scroobius Pip’s Distraction Pieces podcast.

He dropped a spoiler (if you’re watching catch up, it’s been aired on terrestrial) on the One Show the other night , was very funny when he realised he’d done it.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Stephen Graham has done a couple of great episodes on Scroobius Pip’s Distraction Pieces podcast.

He dropped a spoiler (if you’re watching catch up, it’s been aired on terrestrial) on the One Show the other night , was very funny when he realised he’d done it.
Didn't he say on his mams life he doesn't know?

Sent from my SM-A600FN using Tapatalk

Sergei's Celebration

Jan 3, 2010
I've come back home.
Rather disappointingly my theory was blown open on Twitter yesterday.

The definition of Cottan blinking his eyes at G rather than H seems to be in the public domain now.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Having watched it back several time you don't see him blink at H. It cuts away to Ted as she gets to I, then goes back and says H...it's H. He blinks as the line is said. It's impossible to see where he blinks because of very clever editing. So it could be G, H or I

Sergei's Celebration

Jan 3, 2010
I've come back home.
Screenshot_20190505-160705.png

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here