Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Cricket] Cricket World Cup Final: ENGLAND v New Zealand *** Official Match Thread ***

Happy Exile

NSC Patron
Apr 19, 2018
Interesting how much the immense pressure showed on the faces of the players too. Not just Stokes and his exhaustion but Archer in that final over too who did an incredible job overcoming the tension written all over his face. I don't remember anything similar being so transparently obvious in football.

I didn't even know I liked cricket :lol:

I have no interest in Cricket but respect those who do.

I was in the garden and the noise emanating from the cricket club around 1/4 mile away suggested a win ! I am sure that all you Seagull followers of "the summer game" have had a great, if nerve wracking day. Enjoy your celebrations.

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
First time I’ve watched and enjoyed cricket since the 90’s

What a match

Wow

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
I feel for New Zealand, extremely unlucky, and didn’t deserve to lose.

It will be a huge consolation to the Kiwis to know they are not Aussies.

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
Exciting sporting day Cricket..Tennis..Grand Prix...all on every ones television. If only it happened more often !!

Add Tour De France to the list too... When was the last time 4 different sporting events were on free to view t.v. at the same time!?

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Interesting how much the immense pressure showed on the faces of the players too. Not just Stokes and his exhaustion but Archer in that final over too who did an incredible job overcoming the tension written all over his face. I don't remember anything similar being so transparently obvious in football.

I immediately think of pro golfers, especially when in the mix at Majors, or playing the Ryder Cup.

The world watching one person at each shot.

Takes a special person.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
I'm still exhausted just from watching, how the players coped with the tension and pressure I have no idea, but that's why they are champions.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here