Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Knockaert joins Fulham on initial one-year loan

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
I think we’d all settle to be able to make reasoned judgements about our attacking capabilities by, well, actually attacking.

Seriously if one (not you specifically here) can’t understand or couldn’t see how shackled our flair players were then I don’t know what you were watching.

And this is the key bit. It's like we are suddenly getting excited about players who are sat on the bench, because we all know that a guy on the bench can do no wrong. A lot of people (again, this is general and not aimed at you mate) seem happy to believe we have these great flair players, but they just weren't allowed to show it. But I ask, who are they? Name names?

Knocky - love the bloke, but he has the look of a guy who is much happier as the king of The Championship, rather than dealing with tighter situations at this level.
Bissouma - great prospect, there is a lot more to come yet, and he could be one, but to date in League games I've seen 0 goals, 0 assist. Not seen the end product yet. Possible though.
Ali J - again, I;d love to think that is a great player who just hasn't been played right, but I've seen so little sign of it.
Locadia - not for me. I don't see what he has that will trouble a defence. Pace, strength, technique, tricks, flicks, heading. None of them are exceptional and going to worry anyone, no matter how attacking we play.
March - like March a lot, he could benefit, he was a regular on assist, and should be able to add goals to his game. But I think he's near his ceiling.
Gross/Izzy - tough gig last season, as neither were fit. If we see them both fully fit, they can give us a threat.

Then the forward line, just doesn't look Premier quality. Murray, I don't know how long we can keep getting seasons like the last 2 out of him. Hemed, wasn't pulling up trees at QPR. Andone, flashes, but no more, perhaps we get more out of him.

So, yes, there is a little more that I think an attacking policy can give us, but whether that outweights the reduced cover such a style will bring on our defensive record, I have serious doubts. But I keep reading as if it's automatic that merely changing our style will see us up the table, even without better players coming in.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Predictably, the level of debate and discussion in this thread has totally collapsed with the few name callers getting themselves involved.

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
Really? Sublime cross to win the game against Huddersfield, wonder strike against Palace Yep definitely lacks the mental strength in a poor side, there really are some idiots on this board.

He who smelt it, dealt it.

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
Right, so you know the recruitment has been dumb (in your opinion), it continues to be dumb with the signing of another winger from a minority league, and yet you're prepared to let Knocky go because the same recruitment will easily replace him?

You see where your logic is falling down?

I acknowledge and understand your question.

I don't think Knockaert's good enough to hold down a first team place, nor justifies his mega bucks wages so am prepared to let the recruitment team take another gamble on a replacement. I was campaigning for him to never play for us again after the disgrace against Bournemouth, so can hardly change my opinion now.
I'm already convinced we're going down and presumably at some point Winstanley will get the boot or someone else will start making some better recruiting decisions.
One lives in hope.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I was campaigning for him to never play for us again after the disgrace against Bournemouth, so can hardly admit I was wrong.
Fixed.
I'm already convinced we're going down and presumably at some point Winstanley will get the boot or someone else will start making some better recruiting decisions.
One lives in hope.
You living in hope is dreaming that we'll go down and sack our recruitment staff. You don't actually know what hope is do you.

APACHE

LONGTIME DIEHARD
Feb 18, 2011
THE PROMISED LAND-SUSSEX
I can't believe some of the posts on this thread, sell the best winger in the squad (I'm not counting the new guy yet), he's not good enough,don't tackle back, can't be trusted. Well I think some people need to see some of the few highlights from a very poor last season and see how many times AK appears in the buildup to the goals that kept us up. Yes he has he's bad days but he's an attacking player told to defend too much,Solly's the same, let's wait and see what the new set-up is before players are written off. Also 1 injury and the wingers are down to the bare bones.

doogie004

Oct 12, 2008
wisborough green
Knocky to Fulham?

Wait, weren't you the utter clown telling everyone that Dale Stephens only goes sideways?

(apologies if not)

Edit: you were. :lolol: Fck me, you've got some front using that video as proof that Knockaert is some sort of world beater.

Where did I say World beater . I said the best attacking Player we have but u keep making up shit and living in whatever world you live in thank god bloom don’t agree with you .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Braggfan

In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded
May 12, 2014
Doesn't need to be able to "tear up the premier league". Those sort of players won't come here. Just has to be better than what we currently have. Which isn't difficult because our wing options are hopeless.
Matt Ritchie would be decent for starters. I don't watch Championship football but I suspect there's some decent wingers there who can potentially make the step up.

That has to be a wind up surely? It's one thing thinking we should sell Knockaert so that we can build a better squad, but MATT RITCHIE!!! He's your upgrade!?

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Where did I say World beater . I said the best attacking Player we have but u keep making up shit and living in whatever world you live in thank god bloom don’t agree with you .

You really should try and use punctuation - you write/type like a 5 year old.

When I say "world beater", I mean you are using the example of his ONE tremendous goal all season to illustrate your incorrect point that he is our best attacking player. I'm not really "making up shit" there am I? Besides, he clearly isn't anyway, but we can put that to one side because the thrust of my post was nothing to do with Knocky; it was to point out that you have many, many times told everyone Stephens doesn't do anything except play it sideways. Except when you want to use that ONE goal to "prove" your point on Knockaert, you inadvertently showed everyone that Stephens has the ability to pass the ball forward and effectively when he has the options.

If you don't like people posting shit, then you'd better look at your own shit first. You write utter shit and as I say, with the literacy level of a very small CHILD.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patreon
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Failing to track back? You have been watching a different player to me

My original statement was about him failing to track back WHEN he sulks, which he does sometimes and, near the end of last season he did this, sorry can't remember the game and we conceded

doogie004

Oct 12, 2008
wisborough green
You really should try and use punctuation - you write/type like a 5 year old.

When I say "world beater", I mean you are using the example of his ONE tremendous goal all season to illustrate your incorrect point that he is our best attacking player. I'm not really "making up shit" there am I? Besides, he clearly isn't anyway, but we can put that to one side because the thrust of my post was nothing to do with Knocky; it was to point out that you have many, many times told everyone Stephens doesn't do anything except play it sideways. Except when you want to use that ONE goal to "prove" your point on Knockaert, you inadvertently showed everyone that Stephens has the ability to pass the ball forward and effectively when he has the options.

If you don't like people posting shit, then you'd better look at your own shit first. You write utter shit and as I say, with the literacy level of a very small CHILD.

School holiday time I see . Well done at doing well at school a gold star for you .
The thread is about knocky is it not but there you are . In my opinion knocky is our best attacking player out of interest who’s yours ? . As for shaky then yes I don’t rate him never have . Defensive midfielder or whatever you want to call him not good enough and not enough goals from midfield again my opinion . Let’s hope that Harry Potter don’t think the Propper , Stephens and Gross is the Answer or another long season awaits .

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here