Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Travel] USA

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Americans have a fantastic sense of humour, and adore a practical joke.

They love to tease tourists by asking them blatantly silly questions on immigration forms, just to see whether you share that sense of humour.

So as you enter, try and think of witty replies to ‘joke’ questions like, “Have you ever been a member of an international terrorist organization such as Isis or Al Qaeda?” and “Are you carrying any Class A narcotics in your luggage?” They’ll love it, makes the process really fun.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The immigration officials really enjoy the joke about Class A if a school trip arrives and all the party tell them that they have narcotics in their luggage but Class A isn't on this trip.

Also when asked what is the purpose of your trip they usually have a laughing fit if you respond by saying that you are looking to make America great again by killing President Trump.

PersianNYer15

Jul 25, 2018
New York/New Jersey
I know now where we are going. New York and then Trento in Canada. 5 days in each US city.
Maybe now I have been more pacific you can help thanks

peter luger steakhouse (must make a reservation 3 weeks in advanced)
kotabuki in east villiage for sushi
museum of natural history
the highline for a nice/scenic stroll
the monarch rooftop or pier a for a drink

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
peter luger steakhouse (must make a reservation 3 weeks in advanced)

Obviously everyone has their own views but IMHO this place is way overrated. I took a bunch of friends from the UK who were visiting and was very disappointed. Just seems like a big tourist trap with coaches parked outside - food was average and they won't take credit cards. Seems to be living on past glory, wont be going back

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
Do you remember a song with the line: Standin' on a corner in Winslow, Arizona?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TXbhItWHOt8

Notice the girl in the "flatbed Ford" in the reflection in the window.

I've been there! The same road trip I mentioned earlier in the thread with [MENTION=522]Kinky Gerbils[/MENTION]

The gift shop opposite was hilarious. The woman who worked there was completely bonkers and absolutely OBSESSED with the song. They literally just played it on a loop.

We also paid a visit to the old London Bridge in Lake Havasu City, AZ. It's kind of weird to be driving through the desert and come across this old bridge complete with original lampposts.

bridge-1021814.jpg

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
I've been there! The same road trip I mentioned earlier in the thread with [MENTION=522]Kinky Gerbils[/MENTION]

The gift shop opposite was hilarious. The woman who worked there was completely bonkers and absolutely OBSESSED with the song. They literally just played it on a loop.

We also paid a visit to the old London Bridge in Lake Havasu City, AZ. It's kind of weird to be driving through the desert and come across this old bridge complete with original lampposts.

bridge-1021814.jpg

I feel you are missing out the highlight of that trip

https://turquoisemuseum.com/

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003

bridge-1021814.jpg

James Cracknell got knocked off his bike and fractured his skull whilst cycling through Winslow Arizona. No idea if it was a girl in flat bed Ford but it probably wasn’t slowing down to take a look at him

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010

bridge-1021814.jpg

Remember walking along that with the wife being told how her Dad had walked along it during his working life in London. Very atmospheric and madly incredible.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here