Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Chris Houghton still unemployed

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
No one needs to get their Panties in a bunch over Chris.

He will walk into another job as soon as he wants one.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Apart from one poster saying "The manager was [not trying] ...and was taking the piss. Every f.ucking week."

I can't be bothered to search for it, so can you do me a favour? Who was the poster that came out with that BS?

I could do with just updating my ignore list and not have to actually read such nonsensical mutterings.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patreon
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
I have kept quiet and not posted against some of the negative points that some people have posted here. Chris Hughton is an absolute Gentleman. He took Brighton to where Brighton dreamed of being when Tony Bloom built the Amex . Three managers at least failed to fulfill that dream. OK maybe he isn't Pep Guardiola butt Brighton are living the dream because of Tony Bloom and Chris Hughton. So all these snide comments should stop. Let's hope Brighton sustain the progress. Chris was part of that journey. Why can't you all just be thankful and wish him well on his future ?

Good post.

I’ll be quietly supporting the next team he takes over.*

*Some caveats apply.

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I have kept quiet and not posted against some of the negative points that some people have posted here. Chris Hughton is an absolute Gentleman. He took Brighton to where Brighton dreamed of being when Tony Bloom built the Amex . Three managers at least failed to fulfill that dream. OK maybe he isn't Pep Guardiola butt Brighton are living the dream because of Tony Bloom and Chris Hughton. So all these snide comments should stop. Let's hope Brighton sustain the progress. Chris was part of that journey. Why can't you all just be thankful and wish him well on his future ?

Can't believe there are many that would disagree with this.

As for people putting 2 + 2 together on why he doesn't have another job yet - Jesus, he left his last job less than 2 months ago with (no doubt) a fat wedge in his pocket. He doesn't need to rush into anything and is probably enjoying a break. He'll have plenty of options with his track record - any championship club having a serious tilt at promotion is an obvious destination. Maybe he's going to retire.....go into international management.....who knows. People get let go all the time - very common where I work and 3-6 month breaks are perfectly normal.

And as for a potential unfair dismissal claim - very highly unlikely. He'll have been fully paid up everything he's entitled to. Linking this to the club firing a couple of people for leaking information is one heck of a leap to make.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patreon
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing

Quite agree.
We should be thankful.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Apart from one poster saying "The manager was [not trying] ...and was taking the piss. Every f.ucking week."

Who was that then? Pretty most of his critics have been about tactics and not the man. This is NSC so you will always get a minority that get personal, just ignore them.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I can't be bothered to search for it, so can you do me a favour? Who was the poster that came out with that BS?

I could do with just updating my ignore list and not have to actually read such nonsensical mutterings.

Who was that then? Pretty most of his critics have been about tactics and not the man. This is NSC so you will always get a minority that get personal, just ignore them.

Fortunately Chailey corrects everybody elses hyperbole almost instantaneously so I'm sure you won't have to wait long for detailed evidence of fans saying CH was taking the piss, every week.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patreon
Jun 27, 2012
Fortunately Chailey corrects everybody elses hyperbole almost instantaneously so I'm sure you won't have to wait long for detailed evidence of fans saying CH was taking the piss, every week.

No harm in perspective SB!
As it happens, nobody was on here afaik on the threads i read, even in the more bitter last few months of the season, was sharing such ad hominem insults about CH.
But things have ramped up a bit since his sacking and as for that specific quote - its earlier in this thread about 50 posts back.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.

Thanks. List updated.

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
I envy Chris, similar age as me and doesn't have to work anymore, what I wouldn't give...........................

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I envy Chris, similar age as me and doesn't have to work anymore, what I wouldn't give...........................

Best not go down that road, it can be too depressing - there's recently retired PL footballers less than half my age who won't have to work any more!

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Surprised Sheffield Wednesday have not made a move for CH.

Apparently they have and he turned them down. I have a son in law who is a Wednesday fan and a bit gutted. I did try and explain that they were too Massive for CH :smile:

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
It would sort of makes sense for him to wait until there are manager sackings in the Prem. There is always at least Prem 3 casualties during the season and sometimes more. Perfect for Hughton to go in and save or manage a club for the remainder of the season. I think Allardyce got £3m to save Palace in just half a season.

lizard

Well-hung member
Jul 14, 2005
Apparently they have and he turned them down. I have a son in law who is a Wednesday fan and a bit gutted. I did try and explain that they were too Massive for CH :smile:

You let your daughter marry a Wednesday :lolol: fan? ...the f**ks up with you?! :facepalm:

(Joking obviously)

(Well... partly) :lolol:

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here