Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Food] Catering at the Amex, has it improved?

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Did you try a Christmas pie at the Amex, the one I had this year was delicious.

I usually have a red onion sausage roll, by far the best food product I have eaten at any football ground in the country.

Elsewhere, stadium food is crap. Bone dry ‘hotdogs’ at Molyneux and Anfield for example, served in a stale roll. Or the astonishing ripoff at Wembley and the Emirates.

Brighton fans really do have it good with concourse catering.

sussex_guy2k2

Jun 6, 2014
I thought they opened a few hours before KO to allow the downing of gallons of ale, in nice surroundings with mates.

As I say, maybe I'm wrong. I'm happy to admit it if I am. Maybe it just happened to be the odd game I've turned up to early that they'd kept the concourse that I go to closed.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
I didnt want a pint as they only sell River Ouse Water Rubbish. I wanted a pie and a coffee rather than a pie and Coke or 7 Up.

Yes I know I READ your post what I am saying is did you work out in your head if the cost of 1 pie + 1 hot drink is higher or lower than a meal deal costing £6

I believe a hot drink is £1.80 and is it £4.10 for a pie, if I'm right that comes to £5.90 so is it any wonder that staff do not understand why you want to get a pie and a hot drink for £6 - maybe somebody can confirm this.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
As I say, maybe I'm wrong. I'm happy to admit it if I am. Maybe it just happened to be the odd game I've turned up to early that they'd kept the concourse that I go to closed.

Have you ever tried Dick’s Bar pre match? I haven’t, I assume that all the seats are taken very early on. Yesterday I saw fans approaching the Amex 3 and half hours before kickoff.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Really? I've been to evening games where the North section has only just opened an hour or so before... I must admit, I rarely get there that early so I just assumed this was par for the course. How early does it open and how long does the early bird offer go on for?

Concourses normally open 2 hours before KO.
and close about an hour after KO . see info for Arsenal.

Dick’s Bar is open from 2.45pm until kick-off and then after the match until 9pm. Please note this bar is only open to over-18s.
All concourses will open at 3.15pm. East, South and West concourses will close at 8.30pm post-match. The North concourse will close at 9pm.
1901 Club Lounges, HB’s Restaurant, Mullery’s and The Goldstone Restaurant will all open at 2.45pm. All restaurants will close at 8.30pm.
All lounges will close at 8.30pm, with the exception of Mayo Wynne Baxter, which will close at 9pm.

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
Really? I've been to evening games where the North section has only just opened an hour or so before... I must admit, I rarely get there that early so I just assumed this was par for the course. How early does it open and how long does the early bird offer go on for?

It’s 90 minutes before kick off. No idea on the early bird offer. Presumably in the first 30mins!

Edit 2 hours! Says 90 mins on the away travel guide on the website

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Yes I know I READ your post what I am saying is did you work out in your head if the cost of 1 pie + 1 hot drink is higher or lower than a meal deal costing £6

I believe a hot drink is £1.80 and is it £4.10 for a pie, if I'm right that comes to £5.90 so is it any wonder that staff do not understand why you want to get a pie and a hot drink for £6 - maybe somebody can confirm this.

My mistake I hadnt taken into account that the price of coffee had been reduced. to £1.80 so I take your point.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Elsewhere, stadium food is crap. Bone dry ‘hotdogs’ at Molyneux and Anfield for example, served in a stale roll. Or the astonishing ripoff at Wembley and the Emirates.

Brighton fans really do have it good with concourse catering.

Except for service, I’d agree with that. I had a burger last season that was very pleasant. Some sort of spicy relish included and a decent bit of beef. Proper cheese too which frankly isn’t called for in the world of cheeseburgers when yellow candle wax is standard!

ferring seagull

Dec 30, 2010
From experience, WSU is dreadful given how narrow the concourse is !
However it seems to me that food and drinks ought to be separated AND prices should be set at even amounts - pies and pints etc. not requiring change.
In other words, staff handing out required items instantly in the food kiosks and some staff dedicated to pouring pints in the drinks kiosks and not to order !

Knocky's Nose

Mon nez est en Valenciennes..
May 7, 2017
Eastbourne
The Hop House 13 Bar was advertising flutes of prosecco yesterday....

What next, shoulder massages and happy endings?! ???

None of that in the East Lower. All we get is Lurch and a till he/she can't operate...

lurch.jpeg

Last edited:

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
I get what you're saying but it's more if you 'want' a drink? The HT window is actually more like 40mins too. Still short, but better service is most definitely achievable. Seen it up and down the country elsewhere, not to mention witness the Amex farce season after season.

Do you want to just run that one past me again ???

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here