Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Lifetime ban for Derby fan over abusive tweet

The Gem

Oct 17, 2008
This only deprives the low-life of watching 'his club'. The "murderers get less" type remark is silly, comparing prison to a club ban.

The troll will still have his liberty and can watch all football away from Derby.

Nothing to do with a Nanny State. A private club/business has decided it doesn't want the patronage any more of a punter who stooped so low.

The same things are said in private between mates of that I am sure. He made a stupid mistake and probably very much regrets it, lifetime ban pathetic.

The Gem

Oct 17, 2008
F me, absurd thing to post on so many levels, and if nothing else it's saving the tw@t wasting years watching that pile of overpaid, underperforming wankers that constitute Derby County's squad. If anything he should have been forced to go to Derby games home and away for the rest of his natural life.

That raised a smile.

The Gem

Oct 17, 2008
He's being banned from ever watching his football club again not being locked up for life.It would give him something to think about if his picture was put up around the city so people can see what a vile piece of sh*t he is. Yes, he may have been drunk as has been suggested when he posted but, as others have pointed out, words have consequences.Let him back in after 10 years if he can still hold his head up in Derby. C**t!

The same things are said in private between mates of that I am sure. He made a stupid mistake and probably very much regrets it, lifetime ban pathetic.

LU7 RED

Nov 5, 2010
Leighton Buzzard
I don't think there is going to be any disagreement that what he did was vile, and there should be consequences. But a life ban does not to me seem quite the appropriate action, and maybe more Derby trying to distance themselves from it than the correct response.

If I was Derby I'd have said to him if he ever wanted to buy a ticket again, he had to go and spend some time with a support group of those who had lost young children, and maybe he would have actually seen at first hand the additional pain such despicable comments would cause. Then some good might have come out of it, and the stupid kid (if that's what he is) could learn something.

Spot on. Quite a while with a support group too, not just a visit. Meeting up with the Sharps too if they agreed to it would be good.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter

A stupid mistake? He took the time to log into Twitter, at a match, when Sharp had scored his second goal, to tweet directly to The player, and mock his loss.
No, that wasn't a stupid mistake. Derby fans are agreeing with the ban.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
A stupid mistake? He took the time to log into Twitter, at a match, when Sharp had scored his second goal, to tweet directly to The player, and mock his loss.
But it was - a very stupid mistake. The problem is that your average simpleton doesn't really consider a football player as just another person, they are on a pedestal in much the same way that soap actors playing bad people get abused in the streets by similar bell ends.

This is why [MENTION=47]Tooting Gull[/MENTION]'s solution would be a far better way forward.

The Gem

Oct 17, 2008

Its all about opinions I guess.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here