Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Dunk to Leicester City?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I can’t see any of our first team players leaving before Potter has assessed them and the players have assessed him

Doesn’t mean we won’t lose any but I imagine it will be after they have been back in training under Potter for a while.

Hard to argue that Leicester and Villa wouldn’t be a step up, if only for the wages. We will do well to finish above either.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
I don't agree that moving to a higher placed club will increase his England chances.

As a defender, he's better off with playing for one of the lower clubs in the Premier league, that way he will show off his skills and abilities to the maximum.

Playing centre half for Manchester city he will be much less involved than playing for a club who's prime objective is to stop teams with arguably better players from scoring.

Like England starter John Stones?

John Stones who doesn't even command a starting role for Man City.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patreon
Jun 27, 2012
- Lewis Dunk is "95% certain" to be named as Albion captain for 19/20. (some actual reporting )
- rumours that he is going to Leicester "are wide of the mark" (some actual reporting)
- Bloom hasn't let a first choice player leave for 5 years (Ulloa) and won't hesitate to give Dunk/Duffy new contracts this year again if thats what it takes.
- there is no actual credible reporting that Maguire is leaving , let alone Dunk being wanted as first choice (Tarkowski is named as their target).
- Matt Clarke is being lined up in case Balogun tires of being 4th choice (some more reporting).

and er, thats it. Doesn't mean things might change and as Palace are finding this summer - sometimes the offers are too hard to turn down but as far as . i can tell there's no update on where we were a few weeks ago with this story .

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
For what it's worth, if I was him, I'd go. Leicester under Rogers could be very exciting next season.

There is a GENUINE place for someone this season to command the centre back role alongside Maguire at a major international tournament. It's a bizarre time where we really have no NAILED ON centre backs in the England team, as in no one starting week in week out for a top top club.

When you consider, even in recent years, we had Ferdinand and Terry, then Campbell and Adams before that.

Now we have Maguire and one of:

Gomez (doesn't start for club every week)
Keane (hasn't set the world alight at Everton)
Stones (Doesn't start for club every week)

Personally I can see Gomez being the one to start each week at Liverpool (injury halted his progress) and get that spot as long as he has a good season.

But there is a space for someone to make that spot their own over the next season. LD would be MAD not to be looking at that, especially as a ball playing centre back who can PING it.

Of course, I want him to stay though.

loz

Apr 27, 2009
W.Sussex
By that argument, Bolton are a bigger club than half the current Premier League.

Well apart from the fact that not only did Leicester play in the Champions league last but one season, have more honers in the last 10 years than anyone outside the top 6, ended the last three seasons miles ahead of the bottom half of the table and last seasons 9th was seen as disappointing...just the same as Bolton or the Royal engineers.

I would think Leicester would be considered by most , one of the top 10 teams in the country at the moment.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Well apart from the fact that not only did Leicester play in the Champions league last but one season, have more honers in the last 10 years than anyone outside the top 6, ended the last three seasons miles ahead of the bottom half of the table and last seasons 9th was seen as disappointing...just the same as Bolton or the Royal engineers.

I would think Leicester would be considered by most , one of the top 10 teams in the country at the moment.

Changing the subject, do you reckon Zaha will be with you next season? If not, a much bigger loss than Dunk to us, imo

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patreon
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Can't see why Dunk would even consider Leicester. I think if City, L'Pool, Chelsea, United, Spurs or Arsenal came calling he'd go, otherwise he'll stay put.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
I see Leicester steaming into the top 6 next season, I think both Arsenal and Chelsea are going to be there to be shot at. Manchester United look particularly vulnerable too, I think both Everton and Leicester should be targeting the top 6. West Ham have already done some strong business and are close to another striker coming in. They might be another that fancy a tilt at the top 6 and Wolves haven't broken down last season's team so they might fancy a go at the top 6 if they can be a bit more consistent. They lost home and away to Huddersfield last season and couldn't beat us, so they could well improve next season.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
I thought that Southgate had told Stones and all others last week that if they are not playing first team football they will not be considered for England.

John Stones played for Man City 24 times last season.

If Leicester come knocking with the correct offer he'll be off.

They are clearly a bigger club than us with tremendous potential now Rodgers is at the helm.

loz

Apr 27, 2009
W.Sussex
Changing the subject, do you reckon Zaha will be with you next season? If not, a much bigger loss than Dunk to us, imo

I am not sure TBH...In a way we play like we do because of him ( Give Wilf the ball ASAP and hope something happens ) If he does go one would hope we could buy 2 or 3 players and improve the whole squad. Like a few teams in the bottom half I feel Palace like BHA have a good staring 11 but when we need a strong bench sometimes we are lacking.

Players come, players go, I dont get to stressed about that sort of thing as if a company offered me a lot more money for the same job I am sure I would not have to think too hard, even though I am in the lucky position of loving my job.

atomised

Mar 21, 2013
I think that Southgate inferred that they must be playing regularly, which 24 times isnt with the number of games that they played, probably less than 40%

24 league appearances out of a possible 38 was definitely over 40% when I was at school.

atomised

Mar 21, 2013
How many of those were sub appearances, and many were in a defensive midfield role? Say what you like, Stones was NOT a regular starter for Man City as a central defender

Not a clue, wasn't offering an opinion on what position or on Stones quality as a defender. Please show me where I stated otherwise. It was merely a comment on BGs suggestion that 24 appearances of which incidentally 4 were as sub equated to less than 40%

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here