Votes: 354 76.8%

• Total voters

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eeyore

Lord Donkey of Queen's Park
NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Apr 5, 2014
Retard. So you don't believe in democracy?

You still use the word 'retard' ? It's the word that was used so effectively to demean people with disabilities all those years ago. I thought even the most ardent of anti-PC rallyers had stopped using it and realised its thumping ignorance. Don't use it. If you wish to I'll send you a story about my early life that I recently wrote.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
On the radio on the way back from Waitrose, they are reporting that there is a move afoot by the 1922 mob to get the other candidates to step aside to get Boris in quick so he can get the brexit negotiations going as soon as possible

That will be interesting.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
On the radio on the way back from Waitrose, they are reporting that there is a move afoot by the 1922 mob to get the other candidates to step aside to get Boris in quick so he can get the brexit negotiations going as soon as possible

That will be interesting.

That makes sense if they think that he can achieve that by 31st October as it gives him the best chances.

WATFORD zero

Jul 10, 2003
That makes sense if they think that he can achieve that by 31st October as it gives him the best chances.

I don't want to appear facetious, but you do realise that the EU have disbanded the negotiation team and with the recent elections and the current appointments in the EU not due to finish until November 1st, there is no one for Johnson to actually negotiate with :lolol:

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
What a sad state affairs. The two with the most 'statesman' qualities are gone (Leadsom and Harper) and I'm not sure we are going to get an improvement on May in this respect.

Fukken amateur night.

How on earth do you come to the conclusion that Leadsom has statesman qualities? You seem to be setting the bar extremely low although I would suggest she is ahead of Johnson.

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
How on earth do you come to the conclusion that Leadsom has statesman qualities? You seem to be setting the bar extremely low although I would suggest she is ahead of Johnson.

I was talking about that group of 11 or so as it was. The point being the least shite of a low statesman quality bunch.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I don't want to appear facetious, but you do realise that the EU have disbanded the negotiation team and with the recent elections and the current appointments in the EU not due to finish until November 1st, there is no one for Johnson to actually negotiate with :lolol:

Surely they have made provisions for a debate and the personnel to carry that out, if we came back with a suggestion that they consider worthwhile.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008

Don't go spoiling the dream with reality WZ !

DavidinSouthampton

Jan 3, 2012
A guest on today's Daily Politics summed up the the leading candidates something like this

- you've got Michael Gove, a former Education Secretary who was detested by teachers; Jeremy Hunt, a former Health Secretary detested by doctors; and Boris Johnson a former Foreign Secretary, detested by just about everyone.

I've got to the stage where I feel physically sick if I watch or hear BJ; surely there must be a 'coalition of the sensible' in the Tory party that can stop this goon's bandwagon?

I share your tendency to nausea for the same reasons, but fear the Tories have nobody's interests at heart other than their own party's. And they are short sighted enough to think that BJ is the answer.

It seems to me a bit like Manure fans not understanding why half the world hates them.

WATFORD zero

Jul 10, 2003
Surely they have made provisions for a debate and the personnel to carry that out, if we came back with a suggestion that they consider worthwhile.

What could we offer that's 'worthwhile'?

No provisions have been made because the negotiations are complete.

We can have a deal with a customs union or 'no deal' with NI border and WTO. We just need to do what we've been unable to do for the last 3 years and decide which we want :shrug:

Last edited:

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Johnson won’t even turn up for a TV debate so how could he manage one with the EU ???

Why should he bother with a TV debate with loaded questions. He will get his chance to show Corbyn up for what he is in PM Question Time. I think that we will get a repeat of how Maggie used to tear Neil Kinnock to pieces.

Hugo Rune

Feb 23, 2012
Brighton

The Clamp

Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
The fact that he is a nasty piece of work is probably very attractive to most Tory party members. They’d always prefer ruthlessness over compassion otherwise they’d not be Tory supporters.

This. It’s exactly the same reason why calling Farage a racist doesn’t diminish his support, they like him because he is a racist.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly

This is something that isn't being communicated by the majority of the media.

BJ's appointment will be our final humiliation, before our Union starts to break up

Status
Not open for further replies.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here