Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Leandro Trossard SIGNS ON A FOUR-YEAR DEAL

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
We'll we're not going to be signing someone who's scored 14 goals from the wing in any of the top 5 leagues, that's for sure!

Let's focus on signing someone who scored five goals last season in one of the top 5 leagues. Our four wingers got 4 goals combined last season.

Not being able to sign excellence is not an excuse to sign sub-standard.
We've got plenty of the later already that needs off the books.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
From the Genk forum:

"The fact that there is a PL team on Trossard offers is very good for us financially. But I would rather see Trossard at a nice club in the Bundesliga than such an ugly plow tail :)down:) from the PL. Also not immediately a competition that fits him perfectly. On the one hand I would say 'the only thing that interests us is catching as much as possible', but somewhere I would rather see our players and certainly their own youth product end up at a nice club, also in terms of continuing our international image. Brighton isn't that real, just like Atalanta, which is less than, say, AS Roma where Mali was also mentioned for a while."

clarkey

Jan 3, 2006
Looks like we haven't learnt a thing, the Belgian league is worse than the Dutch

Then you'll be happy that Southampton have just made a big money signing from there, and Villa have just broken their transfer record for a striker from Belgium. Teams around us spending money and not improving is a good sign.

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
From the Genk forum:

"The fact that there is a PL team on Trossard offers is very good for us financially. But I would rather see Trossard at a nice club in the Bundesliga than such an ugly plow tail :)down:) from the PL. Also not immediately a competition that fits him perfectly. On the one hand I would say 'the only thing that interests us is catching as much as possible', but somewhere I would rather see our players and certainly their own youth product end up at a nice club, also in terms of continuing our international image. Brighton isn't that real, just like Atalanta, which is less than, say, AS Roma where Mali was also mentioned for a while."

We're a beautiful plow tail. They're just jealous.

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
YES!!!!

Our first proper transfer rumour/saga of the season. About bloody time, the last month has been dull.

He looks a bit like a cross between knockaert and Izquierdo in his highlights video so based purely on that I'm in.

We do love buying a winger don't we?

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Left wing seems a position we have covered, maybe we’ve had offers for Solly.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Let's focus on signing someone who scored five goals last season in one of the top 5 leagues. Our four wingers got 4 goals combined last season.

Not being able to sign excellence is not an excuse to sign sub-standard.
We've got plenty of the later already that needs off the books.
Of course they only got 4 between them-they were played as defenders most of the time.

Sent from my LYA-L09 using Tapatalk

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways

We don't. Of our four wingers, only Izquierdo is most comfortable on the left, and he's injured, and will be out for the start of the season.
Solly is not only better on the right, he's probably our best on the right in my view.

casbom

Jul 24, 2007

hmm not really covered. Izquierdo will be out till the New Year so by the time he is back match fit it will be April. Locadia plays there, just not very well then you have Solly who plays better on the right, and neither Solly or Knockeart look very good on the left.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
We don't. Of our four wingers, only Izquierdo is most comfortable on the left, and he's injured, and will be out for the start of the season.
Solly is not only better on the right, he's probably our best on the right in my view.
Well it’s all about opinions isn’t it.

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
Belgium is my favourite country in Europe that I've been to so on that ground alone I'm in :thumbsup:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here