Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Fixtures 2019-20

Barham's tash

Jun 8, 2013
Rayners Lane
Not much of a mid-season "break" is it? Half the matches one weekend, the other half on the next, giving every team one weekend off.
And it's not really mid-season.

TV really does rule the roost doesn’t it? The aim of the break has been to always give teams a 10 day window of no official games which this achieves. Whether many of them choose to fly off for lucrative friendlies remains to be seen.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
TV really does rule the roost doesn’t it? The aim of the break has been to always give teams a 10 day window of no official games which this achieves. Whether many of them choose to fly off for lucrative friendlies remains to be seen.

Of course it does, when it means every club getting riches beyond reason.

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
November 9th at Man Utd will be pushed back to November 10th as they'll have a Europa League Group Stage game on November 7th.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel

To be fair if I paid over £3,500,000,000 for the TV rights I'd probably dictate when I wanted the fixtures given it's what the Chairmen of EPL clubs agreed, or we could say stick you TV money?

GOM

living vicariously
Aug 8, 2005
Leeds - but not the dirty bit
It certainly makes a difference to me. Last year I couldn't do many aways as all the northern ones were in the first half of the season and I couldn't justify getting the childcare sorted every week.

More or less 1 each month this season :)

Barham's tash

Jun 8, 2013
Rayners Lane
To be fair if I paid over £3,500,000,000 for the TV rights I'd probably dictate when I wanted the fixtures given it's what the Chairmen of EPL clubs agreed, or we could say stick you TV money?

That wasn’t my insinuation. The winter break is driven by the desire to make the Prem Comply with UEFA scheduling/guidelines/rules but clearly Sky/BT are more powerful as they have altered the application of the desired rule.

I agree as a consumer of a product at that price is also want some say in it.

I don’t think it’s much of an issue tbh as it satisfies the appetite for wall to wall football on tv from the UK over as many weekends as possible and doesn’t impact fans too much.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Bit pixxed off overall. Was hoping to do a 1901 home game jobbie with friends, and then a ‘sensible’ away game too. Arrive back in the UK Heathrow @ 2pm on 14th Sep (Burnley home) and fly out again 30th Sep.

Geordies away should be possible, hopefully.

FatSuperman

Feb 25, 2016
Dear sirs,

For your reference.

Regards,
FATTY BO BATTY

Sorry if fixtures.JPG

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
Our most winnable games are being played while our new manager is finding his feet

OR

Our most winnable games are being played before the other teams suss out how we play under our new manager.

This is certainly a glass half full/empty one.

Except if you look at the 'difficulty matrix' published above, the only month where we don't play someone who finished 15th or lower (last season) is.....August.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
So unless I'm missing something, we have NO evening games at home this season. Obviously that may well change when the TV picks are known, but that's fairly amazing isn’t it ? Currently only Arsenal (a) on 3rd Dec and Muff (a) on 21st Jan are scheduled for midweek.

Gets my vote. Evening games are a right nause.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
No Grand Slam Sunday again this season.

:nono:

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
So unless I'm missing something, we have NO evening games at home this season. Obviously that may well change when the TV picks are known, but that's fairly amazing isn’t it ? Currently only Arsenal (a) on 3rd Dec and Muff (a) on 21st Jan are scheduled for midweek.

Gets my vote. Evening games are a right nause.

That can’t be right. Both of them are reasonably close, too.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
That can’t be right. Both of them are reasonably close, too.

Well, thats the current schedule.

We'll probably get a couple bumped to Friday/Monday for telly, but as it stands, Barber can cancel ordering any spare lightbulbs for the forseeable.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
That's so poor for their fans. Firsts game back in the Premier League, excitement that it is Liverpool away, great game, oh and yes you'll be playing it on Friday night. What???!!

Pathetic treatment of people.
First world problems if you ask me. The league kicks off on a Friday night these days, and someone has to play then. It's not really the end of the world.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here