• Absolutely anyone at all other than Boris Johnson

Votes: 354 76.8%

• Total voters

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
Ive noticed a lot of anti Corbyn stuff on social media and forums lately. Remarkable for somebody who has never been in any position of real power. He must terrify the **** out of some people.

Nope. That’ll be the Russians.

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
FB_IMG_1560282392452.jpgFB_IMG_1560282398648.jpg
Rod Stewart OUT.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011

WATFORD zero

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Jul 10, 2003
Yep, didn't think you were capable. Still, not your future so you're happy to **** it up for everyone else.

But that's the really stupid part. I had always suspected, but I believe someone confirmed in the last few days that Ppf lives off benefits.

So, as Boris comes racing towards him, with no hint of lubrication, Ppf will be at the front of the queue grabbing his ankles.

As they say in areas north of the old Shoreham road that aren't as liberal as our wonderful city, 'there's nowt as queer as folk' :shrug:

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
Fearing Johnson might do something ill-advised for a laugh might be enough to deter some voters in the contest. It wouldn't surprise me if he were to call a GE despite the real possibility of a hung parliament with him leading a coalition with the policy dodging TBP.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Fearing Johnson might do something ill-advised for a laugh might be enough to deter some voters in the contest. It wouldn't surprise me if he were to call a GE despite the real possibility of a hung parliament with him leading a coalition with the policy dodging TBP.

As they are only likely to take seats off the Tories you are still gonna have a coalition without the numbers to do anything.

If either of the two partners move just slightly to the centre they will clean up.

Withdean and I

Aug 6, 2003
Rory Stewart is talking more sense than any of the others in my opinion.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003

He won't get my vote (and neither did Blair) but that was a barnstorming Prime Ministerial early Blairite performance with many non Tory voters in the room.

Unfortunately the Tories seem to have lurched to the right and are in danger of selecting a hard line neo-liberal like Raab or a comedian like Boris. He isn't fit for PM, he even isn't fit to be an MP.

I say "unfortunately", but neither will have much of a mandate as PM, so they won't do much damage.

If the Tories were sensible (I know) they would put someone like Stewart in charge who would probably win over a few Liberals due to his authenticity.

They could then win a small but overall majority in Parliament to get done whatever they want done.

Unfortunately the membership and the hard-line Brexiteers have become bores down the pub, shouting about how they would fix the world but without the power, sense of reality or pragmatism to do so.

It's fascinating to watch a party in power acting like the opposition. The Tories require a Mandleson / Blair / Brown like project to slowly root out the nut-jobs in the ERG, nasty neo Liberals like Raab and jokers like Boris.

They'd easily be in power for a decade. Unfortunately (like hard line Brexiteers) they would rather define themselves by what they hate, rather than what they love.

Last edited:

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern

Any Tory who calls a GE would have taken leave of his/her senses. All the opinion polls are suggesting they're going to get wiped out - not just lose but get completely taken to the cleaners. An election is the absolutely last thing that the Tories want

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
Any Tory who calls a GE would have taken leave of his/her senses. All the opinion polls are suggesting they're going to get wiped out - not just lose but get completely taken to the cleaners. An election is the absolutely last thing that the Tories want

Quick, call an election.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Also seemingly bizarre to watch a Tory Leadership campaign where many are reaching out directly to just members and therefore the older electorate.

They won't last for ever (obviously) so it can't be seen as anything other than purely careerist.

Can anyone of the Bojo fanclub defend his tax cut ? You've gone very very quiet. It's not a tax cut aimed at the young and ambitious, it's not a tax cut aimed at the entrepreneurial (those who generate jobs), it's one squarely aimed at the 150,000 members of the party.

A bribe, nothing more nothing less. Shameful.

Watching Stewart tonight won't make me vote Tory, but it's the first in years I've thought - well there's a PM. Unfortunately the nasty party has retreated into it's Michael Howard days. More interested in self-protection than bringing the country together behind it. Bereft of ideas it's tossing a coin between a neo-liberal Trump like figure or a one trick pony Britain's Got Talent winner with a Churchill fixation. The latter so bad that his PR team are keeping him out the limelight until the "public vote".

DavidinSouthampton

Jan 3, 2012
No Deal the ace card in the Pack and the EU know it , Maybe Macron will set the ball in motion before we do , tick tock tick tock
regards
DR

Ace card in the pack???

For us it would be a disaster. For those remaining in the EU it would be a minor blip in their onward journey.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
This is Britain today, so yes I do, this country is now stuffed with crackpots.

Nothing will ever surprise me in modern Britain, we're in a right pickle. Take a brave person to be seriously investing in the UK right now.......

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean

Backed him at 20/1 to be next PM, I reckon if he can get into the last 2 against Boris he might be able to win based on being the least worst option, and he is at least different to the others who all seem to be trying to out do themselves.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here