Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Official Running Thread

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Complete rest for a few days I would suggest..... My coach has a phrase...

'3 days now, or 3 months later....'

Sent from my H8314 using Tapatalk

big nuts

Jan 15, 2011
Hove
Complete rest for a few days I would suggest..... My coach has a phrase...

'3 days now, or 3 months later....'

Sent from my H8314 using Tapatalk

Just read this. I haven’t heeded this advice tonight but will be slowing down between now and Saturday.

6 x 1 mile around Hove Park at 6:23 pace. Felt fine but I’m expecting a reaction tomorrow.

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
Had a couple of 2 mile runs this week on the soft Hove Lawns. Foot, ankle, Achilles seem to respond well. Going to stick to 2-3 miles daily, miss Parkrun and try to run as fast as I can for this daily short distance. Very running unfit and will be putting myself first leg in my Weakest Link Relay team. I reckon about 22" 5k time by Wednesday with fingers crossed.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
And THIS is why I probably won't bother entering the Phoenix 10k [emoji23][emoji23]

It was all going so well...
7fac080256a3a25063637208a690dcb7.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Hill sprints for me this morning, running hard up and slow down. 9 miles with a steady 10k in the middle planned for tomorrow. I'm really quite enjoying preparing for the speedy stuff but am nevertheless looking forward to a few 13 mile plus plods once Phoenix is done.

big nuts

Jan 15, 2011
Hove
Bevendean for the first time today. Glad I gave myself plenty of time this morning as not easy to find.

Just the 36 runners but happy to have an official 1st place on record.

Tough course but quite enjoyable. Hard to pace as do hilly and off-road.

Might look at East Brighton in July.

big nuts

Jan 15, 2011
Hove
Well done, I saw your run on Strava, greater than twice the elevation gain of Guildford is not to be sniffed at.

Not sure I’d rush to go back but if I did then I’d like a crack at sub 20. Sub 20 there would be challenging but not completely unrealistic.

Great to have so many options in Brighton now and clearly a demand as outside of Bevendean they all get 100+

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Bevendean for the first time today. Glad I gave myself plenty of time this morning as not easy to find.

Congratuations on your win! Just seen the course / elevation on strava. Looks a beast

penny's harmonica

Jan 30, 2012

Fantastic time fully deserving first place. It’s a beast of a course but I find it strangely enjoyable. Not enjoyable enough for more than an annual visit though, I’ve usually forgotten how tough it is by then.

21:00 at Eastbourne today. Although my bar code was scanned I am showing as unknown on the results but the important thing is the knee came through ok and feel ready for Wednesdays relay.

BenElton'sBrother

Nov 30, 2003
Hove
Chipped another couple of seconds off my PB in Hove Park this morning down to 21.12 (64.39 AG).

Good to see [MENTION=26634]Simgull[/MENTION] not too far behind me.

Just the London to Brighton bike ride to survive unscathed tomorrow and I'll be good for Wednesdays Weakest Link-fest.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here