Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
It is NOT the fault of leave voters that the process has been managed by incompetents and now an entitled, wealthy lunatic fringe. They were promised something that isn't deliverable and thus what is being proposed by Raab (proroguing parliament) is a sop to the extreme right-wing tail wagging the flea-infested dog that is the current Tory party, and is nothing short of a shameful undemocratic disgrace.

It's the inability in human behaviour to not admit that you are wrong, that you have been fooled and duped and that you have made a mistake and that your opposition has been right all along.
In fact the longer it goes on and the longer the opposition name calls them the more they dig their heels in.
The problem is that their behaviour becomes even more ridiculous and desperate, I don't think I have seen any more than 5 leavers admit that they got it wrong.
I mean let's look at some of the people advocating Brexit. Mogg, Johnson, Farage and Widdecombe to name only a few.
Take Brexit away and any sane person would see them as total idiots.
And to advocate a no deal Brexit is suicidal lunacy.
But still they carry on arguing their cause rather than seeing it for the con that it is, they have been taken for complete fools by politicians.

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
The only thing that binds the Brexit Party together is its shared love of Brexit. They have no other policies, and because the members are drawn from all ends of the political spectrum, they actively disagree with one another on most other things. If they start campaigning on real domestic issues that matter in the UK in a General Election, the cracks would soon appear. And if the UK public is stupid enough to vote for that shower of sh1t in a GE and Farage becomes PM, then the country will deserve every ounce of the ensuing chaos foisted upon it.

I'm with you in spirit fella but I suspect there is a significant element of the electorate that are so myopic on brexit they will not be bothered by the lack of, let alone quality of, any other policies TBP may or may not run on. I doubt TBP would win the most seats at a GE but they could well secure enough to cause problems. This is why the next Tory leader would be ill advised to call an early GE.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Ashton on Mersey Bugle

@Salebugle
Follow Follow @Salebugle
More
.@Iromg @SadiqKhan I hope you're happy all these workers in South Wales losing their jobs because of your fake claims that diesels kill 30,000 a year in London. There's a lot more job losses to come in the Midlands & it's all your fault you fraud not Brexit...

The clown show continues

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
Therein lies the choice:
Adhere to the referendum result and leave, I should imagine that TBP will fade away.
Remain and ignore the result, TBP might only grow with the frustration of the Leave voters and become a real thorn come the next GE.
Tough one.

daveinplzen

Aug 31, 2018
I stopped that some months ago. I didn't want to ruin the negative vibe.

You seem to be a genuinely decent person, but you were lied to, and mugged.

Clearly, it has not been the easiest deal in history
You cannot just 'replicate' trade deals. We have negotiate them again, wont be as good, sorry.
We should have left by now. Didnt hear too much from German car manufacturers, with the, we need the UK more than the UK needs us..
Sterling down. Superb effort.
EU will collapse? More chance of the Union collapsing.
Blitz spirit? The police recently had to put out statement asking people not to phone them because KFC was out of chicken.
The financial Services need London, which is why they are nearly all moving their HQs to the mainland.
Want our Sovereignty back. Something we never lost in the first place.

and my favourite
We can make our own deals around the world.

Leaving the largest, and richest trading bloc on earth, to trade with the rest of the world, that is mostly poor. Brilliant strategy.
What will we be trading with Chile I wonder.

and now the desperation of hoping for a trade deal with the US, and the arrival of Chlorinated chickens, and a goodbye to the NHS as we know it as big pharma takes a hold.

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
Wow - this is all one big clustercufk. The very real possibility that we'll have a shaggy haired liar as our Prime Minister, a subsequent no-deal Brexit, with a hard border between Ireland/Northern Ireland, and then once the US gets it's claws into our sovereignty, the NHS will be on the table for the US to skim dry alongside a number of really rather unpleasant US "initiatives".

Well done 51% of you. Idiots.

You speculate without any real evidence, other than what you THINK might happen, and having convinced yourself that it WILL happen, then call 17 million people idots! One is tempted to state that it might indeed be you who is the idiot.

abc

Jan 6, 2007
It's the inability in human behaviour to not admit that you are wrong, that you have been fooled and duped and that you have made a mistake and that your opposition has been right all along.
In fact the longer it goes on and the longer the opposition name calls them the more they dig their heels in.
The problem is that their behaviour becomes even more ridiculous and desperate, I don't think I have seen any more than 5 leavers admit that they got it wrong.
I mean let's look at some of the people advocating Brexit. Mogg, Johnson, Farage and Widdecombe to name only a few.
Take Brexit away and any sane person would see them as total idiots.
And to advocate a no deal Brexit is suicidal lunacy.
But still they carry on arguing their cause rather than seeing it for the con that it is, they have been taken for complete fools by politicians.

Excellent post and spot on the mark.

abc

Jan 6, 2007
You speculate without any real evidence, other than what you THINK might happen, and having convinced yourself that it WILL happen, then call 17 million people idots! One is tempted to state that it might indeed be you who is the idiot.

Tempted perhaps but no. Leavers at the time of the referendum were no more idiots than remainers. However, to be a leaver now is indeed idiotic

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
Tempted perhaps but no. Leavers at the time of the referendum were no more idiots than remainers. However, to be a leaver now is indeed idiotic

The longer that the likes of yourself insist on calling Leavers idiots, the longer they will probably thrive and with greater vigour and determination.
Keep it up.

daveinplzen

Aug 31, 2018

So the benefits of Brexit are?

daveinplzen

Aug 31, 2018
The longer that the likes of yourself insist on calling Leavers idiots, the longer they will probably thrive and with greater vigour and determination.
Keep it up.

So, 51% are willing to let country drift into into a worse economic situation and future, because of their petulance? Pretty much agree with you.

daveinplzen

Aug 31, 2018
Worse? Sauce? All theories and maybes.

Still, petulance is a step forward from idiot.

It is not a maybe that Sterling is down.
It is not a maybe the Germans didnt need us as much as leavers thought.
It is not a maybe that you cannot replicate trade deals, they have to be re-negotiated.
It is not a maybe that many Financial institutions are moving their HQ's to EU countries.
It is not a maybe that many car manufacturers are moving to other countries, or not starting new lines in the UK
It is not a maybe that we will leave the largest, and richest trading bloc on earth, to trade with the rest of the world that is mostly poor.

but carry on thinking they are. I know you will anyway.

but if its not worse, please give me a clue to the good, as im not really seeing any at the moment.

Last edited:

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
All theories and maybes..

Quite. And until someone can prove otherwise it’s an utterly crazy risk to take. I mean, what happens if the remainers are proven right? What will you do if the economy is totally destroyed?

daveinplzen

Aug 31, 2018
Quite. And until someone can prove otherwise it’s an utterly crazy risk to take. I mean, what happens if the remainers are proven right? What will you do if the economy is totally destroyed?

Change pub, and change user names on forums.

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
It is not a maybe that Sterling is down.
It is not a maybe the Germans didnt need us as much as leavers thought.
It is not a maybe that you cannot replicate trade deals, they have to be re-negotiated.
It is not a maybe that many Financial institutions are moving their HQ's to EU countries.
It is not a maybe that many car manufacturers are moving to other countries, or not starting new lines in the UK
It is not a maybe that we will leave the largest, and richest trading bloc on earth, to trade with the rest of the world that is mostly poor.

but carry on thinking they are. I know you will anyway.

but if its not worse, please give me a clue to the good, as im not really seeing any at the moment.

I see.

When did we leave again? The event that caused all of this mayhem and despair? Oh, we haven't and aren't likely to either. What happens SHOULD we ever leave will not be the misery you have so clearly and concisely listed whilst IN.

And you suggest that some Leavers might be lacking in some departments.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here