Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Aleksandar Mitrovic

We're the Stripes

Jul 31, 2005
BN2
So Fulham have allegedly set his price tag at £30m. I don't think he would pass the 'no dickheads' test, although we may have ditched that now, who knows.

What I did find interesting is his conversion rate (via Daily Mail, sorry). The pertinent details are:

Top 3 lethal finishers in the league:
1. Martial - 10 goals, 39 attempts, 25.6%
2. Mane - 22 goals, 87 attempts, 25.3%
3. Murray - 13 goals, 54 attempts, 24.1%

Most profligate finisher in the league:
1. Mitrovic - 11 goals, 131 attempts, 8.4%
9. Zaha - 10 goals, 73 attempts, 13.7%
Interesting stats. Slightly surprised at how Mane only had 30 odd more attempts than Murray across the whole season, given how many chances Liverpool create compared to us, and how much of a constant threat Mane was in 18/19.

As for Mitrovic, I really think Fulham will struggle to find many suitors at that price, even a West Ham/Everton type club who will undoubtedly be spending those kind of fees I think will steer clear.

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
That Seri looks a hell of a player too. Is it right that he was meant to sign for Barcelona last year? How has he fallen all the way down to Fulham(with no disrespect meant to Fulham - it's just quite a gap from Barcelona to a newly promoted team in a completely different league)?

Serri and Mitro were the best players on the pitch yesterday by a distance.

Serri is absolute quality, he’s far too good for Fulham. Just watching him yesterday you could see he was on a different level to any other player out there on either side. He had so much time and awareness, I love watching players like that. You can see why Xavi said he should be his replacement, very similar players even if he’s not quite at that level yet.

He will get a move to a Barca, Man City etc next summer, this is his interim move like when Kante went to Leicester.

Well, he didn't live up to potential. Wonder how much Fulham will be able to recoup. Monaco are interested apparently.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Interesting stats. Slightly surprised at how Mane only had 30 odd more attempts than Murray across the whole season, given how many chances Liverpool create compared to us, and how much of a constant threat Mane was in 18/19.

As for Mitrovic, I really think Fulham will struggle to find many suitors at that price, even a West Ham/Everton type club who will undoubtedly be spending those kind of fees I think will steer clear.

West Ham and Everton will have issue in spending that money, look at the £400m already spent by Everton and the previously tight-fisted Dildo twins have for some reason unshackled the purse strings.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Really not a Potter player is he? Will be be dropping back to AM like McBurnie does at Swansea? Is he fast? Does he have great stamina? Meh.

brightn'ove

cringe
Apr 12, 2011
London
So Fulham have allegedly set his price tag at £30m. I don't think he would pass the 'no dickheads' test, although we may have ditched that now, who knows.

What I did find interesting is his conversion rate (via Daily Mail, sorry). The pertinent details are:

Top 3 lethal finishers in the league:
1. Martial - 10 goals, 39 attempts, 25.6%
2. Mane - 22 goals, 87 attempts, 25.3%
3. Murray - 13 goals, 54 attempts, 24.1%

Most profligate finisher in the league:
1. Mitrovic - 11 goals, 131 attempts, 8.4%
9. Zaha - 10 goals, 73 attempts, 13.7%

Now of course, I have no idea how many ridiculous shots Mitrovic took, so many could have been practically no hopers, but imagine if Murray had taken that many shots and kept near his conversion rate! He'd have the golden boot.

I'm not sure what this says about Mitrovic's true ability and value, but on the basis of this single statistic, I'm out.

Said it before, he is shit. Awful finisher, just a bully. Fulham would have survived with a striker that could convert chances. (They might have also required a defence, but still...)

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
Well, he didn't live up to potential. Wonder how much Fulham will be able to recoup. Monaco are interested apparently.

Yeah not quite lived up to my billing has he?! [emoji23]

Still maintain he’s a quality player, dragged down by the Fulham malaise. In hindsight it really wasn’t a good move for him. I think he will get a top club still one day.

On Mitro I would be delighted if we decided to spend £30 million to get him if Potter and co think he’s what we need. He was unplayable at times last season, he ruined Dunk in both of our games.

Think McBurnie is a lot more likely though.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Would be delighted to sign him for 30 million. Always been impressed when i've seen him play.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
That's because he only plays well against us!

They'd have done the double over us had Mitrovic not had a brainfart by catching the ball at the Amex, gifting us a late pen for 2-2.

But agree with your point. We made him look like Zlatan in that 2nd half at the Cottage.

macbeth

Dismembered
Jan 3, 2018
six feet beneath the moon...
They'd have done the double over us had Mitrovic not had a brainfart by catching the ball at the Amex, gifting us a late pen for 2-2.

But agree with your point. We made him look like Zlatan in that 2nd half at the Cottage.

Think we saw all sides of Mitrovic that day at the Amex. On his day a brilliant player, but is prone to random bouts of stupidity and misses a lot of chances too. Could've had 4 or 5 that day

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here