Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] Cycling geeks

Fignon's Ponytail

Jun 29, 2012
On the Beach
After his tumble yesterday, will Dumoulin carry on today? Surely his Giro challenge is theoretically over with a 4+ min deficit, and would only be looking for a couple of wins in the TT's now....if that?

Stat Brother

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Great ride [MENTION=3858]Motogull[/MENTION], chapeau.

zeemeeuw

Apr 8, 2006
Somerset
Must say I'm enjoying the daily highlights of the Giro on Quest. Good to hear Sean Kelly commentating, an absolute hero of mine, he was hard as nails on a bike and certainly wouldn't have retired with a hurty knee.

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
Great ride [MENTION=3858]Motogull[/MENTION], chapeau.

Cheers fella. Sir Julian has been badgering for me to that ride for ages and I eventually caved in. Whilst he was marathon training, I went back up the hills for my prep. The ride was spoiled a bit because of terrible cramp up a little hill into Sevenoaks but otherwise I held my own.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Christ why have I just started commuting by bike after 10 months here. 34 minutes today compared to circa 50 minutes (walk + crowded train) or 50 minutes (drive plus iffy parking).

And most of my route is like this!

route.jpg

route2.jpg

Fignon's Ponytail

Jun 29, 2012
On the Beach
So, what the hell is up with Viviani?
Usually really good at his home tour - but has been mightily out of sorts the last week, despite three 2nd places - & just doesn't seem to have that extra kick for the line.

So glad I put him in my fantasy team....:wozza:

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
I am watching the last 30km of today's stage at the moment...yet another flat sprint stage...yawn.

What have they done to the Giro? I haven't looked at the course, but please tell me their are some mountains soon. It's normally my favourite Grand Tour, but this year, meh.

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
Flippin' 'eck [MENTION=1320]Notters[/MENTION] I thought I was a Rodney Plonker for my A26 commute before twigging a lovely alternative but you take the title with that.

Fignon's Ponytail

Jun 29, 2012
On the Beach
I am watching the last 30km of today's stage at the moment...yet another flat sprint stage...yawn.

What have they done to the Giro? I haven't looked at the course, but please tell me their are some mountains soon. It's normally my favourite Grand Tour, but this year, meh.

Mountains start Friday I think! Im the same as you...I love the Giro more than any other GT, but this year it has been a bit of a damp squib so far (literally!)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here