Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Crikey, where do I start with this one? I have said on numerous occasions during the lifetime of this thread that I thought the establishment would never allow the UK to leave the EU.I have also stated that I got up on the 23rd June 2016, cast My vote and went to work, I didn’t think that Leave would win but I quietly hoped for the best, there was nothing more sinister than that, all this “ what have you done? You’ve stolen Lupin’s future you racist “ didn’t wash with Me then and it doesn’t now.
In 2017 80% of MPs were elected on a manifesto to deliver Us leaving the EU, That now appears to have been a grand deception, History will judge those elected on those manifesto promises that reneged on those promises.
How do I feel now? Well the sun is still shining, spring has sprung, the Albion are at home Saturday, despite my crap education I am to successful to suffer disappointment, however, My trust in politics is shattered, My vote has never really counted You see, I could never vote Tory all the time I have a hole in My arse and the Labour Party with a terrorist sympathiser at the rudder makes Me feel cold as an ex servicemen. It has been very Divisive for the nation this whole Brexit malarkey, People who had the temerity to vote leave have been called racist, uneducated,thick, had their deaths celebrated and generally castigated by the main stream media, for what? Wanting to leave what is, in My opinion, an undemocratic club.The concept in the early years of a common market was a great Idea, I just think in recent times the European Union has become all consuming, I’m to old to be conscripted into its Army so that doesn’t really bother Me but Merkel and Macron in particular are, if unchecked, very worrying, just look at the way Macron is brutally going about dealing with the yellow vest movement.
Anyway, I’ve mostly enjoyed a bit of banter on here, in a strange way I’m going to miss being talked down to, generally it’s been mostly light hearted, Plooks has always been good for a laugh, I imagine Watford to be a Lardy Da gunner Graham type and several other condescending posters I shall miss.Enjoy your victory Ladies and Gents,it’s been a pleasure and rest assured I shall never vote again.

As of 2301 on Friday 29th March 2019......on My way.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Good post, makes sense. I reckon I've misjudged you. Or you've fished me in previously.

:albion2:

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
This is a 'where were you when' moment to be ranked alongside Kennedy's assassination, 9/11, Thatcher's resignation, and the break-up of the Spice Girls. It's actually rather touching; probably the best message from the keyboard of BL. Missing you already...……...

The last sentence is right up there with the most delicious flounces ever seen on NSC. "and rest assured I shall never vote again".

I haven't tittered so much at a flounce since The Great Cornholio's "Deleting cookies now".

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
I don’t know if it’s been covered in this thread in the last couple of days, I haven’t got the time or will to trawl through it , but, has Mays MV3 changed sufficiently to appease Mr Speaker, or is she still pushing the same old pony.

And, as an aside, why are they called ‘meaningful votes’ when they are anything but.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
You've asked this question at least once before on this thread and got a perfectly sensible answer. If you're not going to accept that obvious answer, do your own research.

In short (again) it is because it is shit. It locks us into the EU indefinitely, half the benefits of EU membership just disappear, and it will cost £39 BILLION.

it was intended rhetorically. i accept i still dont understand the full reasons why it is shit, its a bugger to find sensible information because sources just tend to say this and not why. points you make are objections from the brexiteers (why are remainers against being locked in to EU custom union?), and of course we lose benefits of membership. is it the worse we can do that the EU will offer?

No, it was determined by US (I use the word loosely) invoking Art.50, and setting it running BEFORE establishing the first semblance of a clue of what we actually wanted.
Article 50 is entirely a UK thing, nowt to do with EU. Daft to press on with it if it's leading towards a situation that barely anyone wants.

agree about setting out our case before invoking, but point was the time scale was not set by us. its there in article 50 that theres 2 years from invoking to taking affect.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Sorry [MENTION=599]beorhthelm[/MENTION], your modus operandi has always been to shrug innocently at every piece of Tory incompetence (not a courtesty you ever make for other parties of course), but sometimes you seriously do my head in. If you type in "May's brexit deal" into Google, this:

https://www.euronews.com/2018/12/07/what-is-in-theresa-may-s-brexit-deal-and-why-is-it-so-unpopular

...is the first hit. It is quite comprehensive. Not exactly "a bugger" to find out at all. Have a read and form your own opinion. If you still can't understand, you could perhaps write to one of the several hundred MPs who have comprehensively voted it down twice and ask them.

beorhthelm

Jul 21, 2003
Sorry [MENTION=599]beorhthelm[/MENTION], your modus operandi has always been to shrug innocently at every piece of Tory incompetence (not a courtesty you ever make for other parties of course), but sometimes you seriously do my head in. If you type in "May's brexit deal" into Google, this:

thanks. honestly. put in same with "May" and its news articles, i need to improve my grammar. you dont need to be so offended by my posts or have a personal vendetta (did i mortally offend you once?)

and sorry, i still dont see from that what about the deal upsets so many in the middle of the road, soft leavers, reluctant remainers. the objections are we dont leave enough for the hard brexiteers. i also note earlier a suggestion on being in EFTA, if i recall correctly that is more leaving than the May deal, as its outside EU customs union. that was one of the suggested future outcomes by the Brexit camp.

Last edited:

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Crikey, where do I start with this one? I have said on numerous occasions during the lifetime of this thread that I thought the establishment would never allow the UK to leave the EU.I have also stated that I got up on the 23rd June 2016, cast My vote and went to work, I didn’t think that Leave would win but I quietly hoped for the best, there was nothing more sinister than that, all this “ what have you done? You’ve stolen Lupin’s future you racist “ didn’t wash with Me then and it doesn’t now.
In 2017 80% of MPs were elected on a manifesto to deliver Us leaving the EU, That now appears to have been a grand deception, History will judge those elected on those manifesto promises that reneged on those promises.
How do I feel now? Well the sun is still shining, spring has sprung, the Albion are at home Saturday, despite my crap education I am to successful to suffer disappointment, however, My trust in politics is shattered, My vote has never really counted You see, I could never vote Tory all the time I have a hole in My arse and the Labour Party with a terrorist sympathiser at the rudder makes Me feel cold as an ex servicemen. It has been very Divisive for the nation this whole Brexit malarkey, People who had the temerity to vote leave have been called racist, uneducated,thick, had their deaths celebrated and generally castigated by the main stream media, for what? Wanting to leave what is, in My opinion, an undemocratic club.The concept in the early years of a common market was a great Idea, I just think in recent times the European Union has become all consuming, I’m to old to be conscripted into its Army so that doesn’t really bother Me but Merkel and Macron in particular are, if unchecked, very worrying, just look at the way Macron is brutally going about dealing with the yellow vest movement.
Anyway, I’ve mostly enjoyed a bit of banter on here, in a strange way I’m going to miss being talked down to, generally it’s been mostly light hearted, Plooks has always been good for a laugh, I imagine Watford to be a Lardy Da gunner Graham type and several other condescending posters I shall miss.Enjoy your victory Ladies and Gents,it’s been a pleasure and rest assured I shall never vote again.

On our way

By legal default, on our way.

On your way

.... Staying home ? :lolol:

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
thanks. honestly. put in same with "May" and its news articles, i need to improve my grammar. you dont need to be so offended by my posts or have a personal vendetta (did i mortally offend you once?)

It's not a personal vendetta, I just find your method of dissecting clearly very controversial (and usually incompetent/unfair) Tory policy absolutely excruciating.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
I don’t know if it’s been covered in this thread in the last couple of days, I haven’t got the time or will to trawl through it , but, has Mays MV3 changed sufficiently to appease Mr Speaker, or is she still pushing the same old pony.

And, as an aside, why are they called ‘meaningful votes’ when they are anything but.

Still can't see how she would get it through. No DUP, perhaps a few hardliners now back in the fold, but not sufficient support.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex

May does apparently have a new document from The EU detailing 'changes' that had been previously negotiated but not approved. This was enough for MV2 after MV1 was pulled. Down to Bercow though, and if she wants to bring MV3 at all of course.

beorhthelm

Jul 21, 2003
It's not a personal vendetta, I just find your method of dissecting clearly very controversial (and usually incompetent/unfair) Tory policy absolutely excruciating.

maybe because i sometimes agree with the policy, its the application where the incompetence arises. case in point how much of an utter hash they've made of brexit.

beorhthelm

Jul 21, 2003
It's amazing isn't it.
If this were happening in some oil rich African territory the UN would be sending in Election Observers.

false anology, this is democracy in glorious, grinding, conclusion, a myriad of views, every one of them treated as valid as the others. In the oil rich territory, the PM becomes dictator and suspends parliament.
i quite like how parliament has asserted control over business, there should be more of it when this is over.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
false anology, this is democracy in glorious, grinding, conclusion, a myriad of views, every one of them treated as valid as the others. In the oil rich territory, the PM becomes dictator and suspends parliament.
i quite like how parliament has asserted control over business, there should be more of it when this is over.

Has it?
If parliament were asserting any real control I don't think we'd have this current mess.

I do understand my analogy is wrong as we are seeing 'democracy in action', although the tin pot nature of the way this is being handled is somewhat troubling and what I was glibly referring too.

The only difference between this PM and a dictator is she doesn't have the stones to pull the trigger.
She is holding the country to ransom.
She is refusing any mediation.
She is attempting to dictate her will onto parliament.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
So MP's get a simple binary YES/NO vote,and expect everybody else to put up with their decision,despite ignoring the largest majority vote in British history.:eek:

Spotting an issue with simple binary voting on complex issues 2P?

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003

:wave:

:flounce: Rating 1/10

You'll be back posting on your normal account within the day :rolleyes:

Fancy setting up an account with the sole intention of winding people up and then getting so wound up that you flounce off yourself (and if you are going to flounce, at least log off :facepalm:) :lolol::lolol::lolol:

Last edited:

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
5 parts to this tweet

[tweet]1110285223605006339[/tweet]

Something similar happens in Swiss politics. No fee, just 50,000 signatories within 100 days of a new law being first published, and the new law is quashed.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008

Aw, that's really quite sweet, maybe in 50 years time, when this all blows over, we should all meet up for a curry , er, lol !

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here