Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Food] Top 20 restaurants in Brighton...

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Running a kitchen in a pub is not the same as running a restaurant imo. Plus it's not that good.

Agreed. Plus I think it’s one of the most unfriendly pubs in Brighton

I thought that. Great for a bite and a pint but hardly in the same league as some of the other places.

I can’t comment on the food but I am not overly keen on the place as a pub. My gripes are lots of little things which add up to me not being too keen: lay out is crap with barrels and steps and people everywhere, beers are only okay and the people it attracts are not always the nicest.

KingKev

Jun 16, 2011
Hove (actually)
Been to most, other than Chard (new to me) and Petit Pois

No idea why Bincho and Cin Cin rate so high - the latter in particular is poor vfm for me.

Nice to see Isaac there, and the Market.

Little Fish Market yet again comes out tops and deservedly so.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
No idea why Bincho and Cin Cin rate so high - the latter in particular is poor vfm for me.

I always think value for money in restaurants can be very subjective so I’ll leave that comment. But, the quality, ingredients, imagination and delivery of the food is, in my opinion is exemplary. It possibly helps that I cook a lot of pasta dishes myself. Not so much that I know a lot about Italian food but more my keen interest. A bias if you like. Restaurants are not just about the food though; the venue has a lovely buzz about it, staff are super nice and I love sitting around the counter watching the kitchen.

Each to there own though.

KingKev

Jun 16, 2011
Hove (actually)
I always think value for money in restaurants can be very subjective so I’ll leave that comment. But, the quality, ingredients, imagination and delivery of the food is, in my opinion is exemplary. It possibly helps that I cook a lot of pasta dishes myself. Not so much that I know a lot about Italian food but more my keen interest. A bias if you like. Restaurants are not just about the food though; the venue has a lovely buzz about it, staff are super nice and I love sitting around the counter watching the kitchen.

Each to there own though.
Indeed - each to their own. And good to see so many independent places doing their thing and being appreciated.
When I went everything was very good, but portions were a bit mean and I could have eaten in Riddle & Finn for the same price (and had better wine and free bread & pate). R&F is my favourite place to eat (nb not the very best food - that’s Little Fish Market - but my favourite place) and Cin Cin was very much on the losing side of the comparison, for me at least.

Simgull

Jan 3, 2013
Hove
Been to most of them and would agree with most in the list. Very pleased to see Market rating so highly which I think has been a bit of a hidden gem - also love F&C

Missing for me would also be The Urchin and Semolina plus Moshimo for me the longest running consistently great place on Brighton.

What’s happens to Terre a Terre - conspicuous by its absence- I have not been for a while - has it deteriorated?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here