Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] Cycling geeks

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
As a now mildly competent roller, I can now express my surprise at how much hard work it is (presumably because there is no kinetic energy and you work to stay upright) and how more of a 'knees up' exercise it is. By the latter I mean muscle aches front of leg above knee. Two very different riding experiences. Is it the same for turbos?

Stat Brother

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
[tweet]1069326895412441088[/tweet]

Fignon's Ponytail

Jun 29, 2012
On the Beach
Well, my cycling is done for the year. Had a call yesterday & got to go into hospital tomorrow to have my gallbladder out - so doubt very much if I will get the wheels turning again this side of January.
Little bit gutted as I had set myself a target of 2000 Strava miles this year, & will fall just 104 miles short :down:

Anyway....Happy Christmas to all the geeks - enjoy your rides over the holiday season!

Stat Brother

Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I was flicking through some old photos this morning, and came across Tour of Britain 2011.

I know I always bang on about how distant footballers are when compared to cyclists, but even now it's still amazing to see us, (Jnr) rubbing shoulders with G, Thor Hushovd, Lars Boom, et al.

Fignon's Ponytail

Jun 29, 2012
On the Beach
I was flicking through some old photos this morning, and came across Tour of Britain 2011.

I know I always bang on about how distant footballers are when compared to cyclists, but even now it's still amazing to see us, (Jnr) rubbing shoulders with G, Thor Hushovd, Lars Boom, et al.

Same here - we found some pics from the ToB recently, and theres my boys chatting with Wiggo, & Roger Hammond on the Madison team bus trying to find them some bidons to take away with them!

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
Well, my cycling is done for the year. Had a call yesterday & got to go into hospital tomorrow to have my gallbladder out - so doubt very much if I will get the wheels turning again this side of January.
Little bit gutted as I had set myself a target of 2000 Strava miles this year, & will fall just 104 miles short :down:

Anyway....Happy Christmas to all the geeks - enjoy your rides over the holiday season!

i'll acknowledge your plight mate ...speedy recovery and lets hope your back in the saddle as soon as you want to be .......all the best .

banjo

GOSBTS
Oct 25, 2011
Deep south

That’s not good. Hope it goes well buddy.

Stat Brother

Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I don't know if I knew this or not, so it seems likely I didn't.

Composed by Pete Shelley RIP

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
Today I doubled my 2017 mileage. Considering that in early June I was pretty much having my lowest mileage to date, that's pretty pleasing.

To balance that my 500 spent the last few minutes ignoring my cadence and speed sensors. The swine.

RandyWanger

Je suis rôti de boeuf
Mar 14, 2013
Done a Frexit, now in London
Today I doubled my 2017 mileage. Considering that in early June I was pretty much having my lowest mileage to date, that's pretty pleasing.

To balance that my 500 spent the last few minutes ignoring my cadence and speed sensors. The swine.

This is my worst year since I started using Strava.

Distance 1,416.5 km
Time 61h 52m
Elev Gain 20,655 m
Rides 57

Last time I rode my bike was for the Ride London. It was a cold, wet, miserable day and I lost the love for it.

banjo

GOSBTS
Oct 25, 2011
Deep south
This is my worst year since I started using Strava.

Distance 1,416.5 km
Time 61h 52m
Elev Gain 20,655 m
Rides 57

Last time I rode my bike was for the Ride London. It was a cold, wet, miserable day and I lost the love for it.

Same for me. Now got a problem with my foot so not sure how long the lay offs gonna be. :down:

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008

I wonder if we saw you today then?
We were up your way again and finally climbed Coldharbour Road up out of Wye, having only done it coming down previously.

Beautiful day for it! I can't think of a better way to use up my final day of annual leave for the year :) Took my century ride count into double figures for the year as well, so prep going well for more audaxing in the New Year.

spongy

Aug 7, 2011
Burgess Hill
I've had a 3 week lay off due to injury, gout and having to do school runs.

Backpack is packed and ready for the morning.

Going to be a cold one. 6am start so leave @ 5.15am.

I was building up distance and was just under 6 miles each way until the lay off.

I may go the short way tomorrow depending on how cold it actually is. Gives me an excuse to have another half hour in bed as well.

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
I wonder if we saw you today then?
We were up your way again and finally climbed Coldharbour Road up out of Wye, having only done it coming down previously.

Beautiful day for it! I can't think of a better way to use up my final day of annual leave for the year :) Took my century ride count into double figures for the year as well, so prep going well for more audaxing in the New Year.

No. I just needed 4 miles to hit the total, which was just a roller session. #not sure how much asphalt miles are left in 2018 now.

That's a shame [MENTION=27162]RandyWanger[/MENTION]. I'm sure the mood will change in the spring.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here