Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Chris to huddersfield now maybe??

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I don't see Hughton being interested in the Huddersfield job. At worst he should get a big Championship club that starts the season slowly and axes their manager - Boro and Forest spring to mind.

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
...it's not really his fault that he's brought two sides up.

I agree. It’s just my point was one of reputation. Allardyce has the reputation of being the guy to go to when you need digging out of a Premier League hole. Hughton simply does not have that reputation.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
2 games? They’ve played 4 this season. D1, L3.

Only won 1 game since Feb when he joined.

Looks like the fans have gone back to Rugby League now too, even with £199 season tickets as the stadium was empty

Part of the reason that the ground looked so empty is because it is still holiday season, many people are still away. Hudds have sold over 18.000 season tickets this season, not bad going at akll for a team weho have just been demoted.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
A difficult job with the transfer window shut, the first team lacks quality.

I honestly think that the Huddersfield team lacked quality throughout their time in the Premier League, it's simply that David Wagner got far more out of the players. They will miss Aaron Mooy this season, and as for Tommy Elphick, well he really is struggling.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Part of the reason that the ground looked so empty is because it is still holiday season, many people are still away. Hudds have sold over 18.000 season tickets this season, not bad going at akll for a team weho have just been demoted.

I’m not having *that* many people on holiday for the last couple of weeks!

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
A difficult job with the transfer window shut, the first team lacks quality.

Lacks quality? They've got rid of nearly every single one of their earners, and made about 30 million quid out of it. Spent, I think, £200,000 this summer. Owners looking after their pot and blaming everyone but themselves I think.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Good to see CH trending on Twitter.
Funny to see CH being wrongly dismissed on Twitter.
Funnier still to see the fella wanting CH or Nigel Adkins.

[tweet]1162613102686429184[/tweet]

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Huddersfield need to get back to the PL before their parachute payments run out.

CH is the man for the job.

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
Why on Earth did they let their best player go out on loan for the season...?

Signed a new 3 year deal just before. Current deal ran out next year. Speculation was that "I'll sign a new deal if you let me go on loan. I'll give you one season to get back up. If not I'll leave".

They are utter crap without him and Billing

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Huddersfield need to get back to the PL before their parachute payments run out.

CH is the man for the job.

They don't need to get back though, they have offloaded every one of their wage earners and replaced them with cack. They have no ambition about a return. Just blame the manager(s).

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
Lacks quality? They've got rid of nearly every single one of their earners, and made about 30 million quid out of it. Spent, I think, £200,000 this summer. Owners looking after their pot and blaming everyone but themselves I think.

Dean Hoyle was in hospital in February for 15 weeks with a nasty illness. He sold the club in May but has kept a 25% stake. The new owner hasn't had much of a chance to assess everything. He has had the guts to get rid of Siewart very quickly.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
Sol Campbell for Hudds.

Siewert lost the dressing room early on, blaming the players for defeats and repeating his criticisms endlessly. No players will play for a manager like that.

Lewes Punk

Feb 11, 2018
I think Huddersfield's problem is not so much trying to get back to PL before parachute payments run out as it is avoiding a succesive relegation. They look dire atm.

I feel certain Chris wouldn't take that job. Though I don't like the bloke, Adkins would be a good shout for them. Someone who'd patiently and methodically get the best out of a limited squad and punching above their weight in the Championship - like he did at Hull.

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
I love the guy but think Prem job is unrealistic. It's not he couldn't do a solid job, just that there are a hell of a lot more than 20 managers in the world who can.

He'd be one of the very, very best for most Champ clubs though to get them up. Also played attacking football with us at that level which some comments above seem to forget.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here