Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
It'll be quite funny if Arsenal 'do a Burnley', and make their counterbid:-

£40,000,001.

Hamilton

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
That boy’s career is full of rash decisions.

However, he’s right to go for a move now and Arsenal would appear a good opportunity given style of play etc.

Palace would be wrong to keep him, and I don’t think they’ll try too hard, or they shouldn’t. It’s a meaningless distraction.

He’s not worth £80m and there’s no reason - at present - to believe that he ever will be. He’s good, but not that good. Personally, I don’t think he has surrounded himself with people who will help him develop the right long term mentality.

As for all this ‘fried chicken’ talk, I don’t think it’s right, helpful or relevant, and I have no idea where it’s originated from or why, but let’s not all go there shall we? If the intention is to link fried chicken shops to him because he is black, then that is just wrong, whether the comment is consciously done or accidentally so.

As Stat points out, there’s enough panto going on in SE11.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Read the thread FFS. He didn't say anything about black people!!! The irony that Mr Letdown quoted context. The context was absolutely nothing to do with race.

This!
I can't be arsed to quote exactly.

But it was broadly:

Someone quoted Chickens coming home to roost, in regards to Mr Parrish's Dirty Bird enterprise.
Followed by Croydon locals setting fire to the shops

And then a comment about Good! more chicken shops in South Norwood.

Not a single mention of anyone's race or reference to any person who is black.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
As for all this ‘fried chicken’ talk, I don’t think it’s right, helpful or relevant, and I have no idea where it’s originated from or why, but let’s not all go there shall we? If the intention is to link fried chicken shops to him because he is black, then that is just wrong, whether the comment is consciously done or accidentally so.

As someone whose posts I usually respect, this is poor.

Read the thread.

There has been zero comment re race. Apart from some idiotic Palace goons taking exception to being put in their place (as per) and desperately trying to call people racist for pointing out that Parish has invested in some takeaways and that Croydon is a shithole.

Nothing to do with the colour of anyone's skin.

You've fallen into the Palace fishing net unfortunately.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011

It was not a comment about Wilf.
see my post #1483

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
Are you really trying to argue that “black people love fried chicken” isn’t a pretty common racist stereotype?

I mean I don’t think it’s the worst crime ever, but it’s pretty understandable that you’ve been called out on it. It’s the same as that video of some of our fans chanting that Zaha has malaria. Yeah you can argue it’s not racist because white people get malaria too but the context makes it very clear.

:shrug:

Following your line of reasoning, perhaps you could riddle me this:

The forum were discussing the financial chicanery of your Chairman, Wilfs agent and even Glann Murray’s involvement in a chain of Chicken outlets in London. This episode led to Glann getting arrested at dawn in a police raid.

I said that London, especially south London has already got a LOT of access to fried chicken thereby implying that this venture seems ill advised. Even if we overlook the fraud aspect and focus entirely on market saturation.

Your mate says that makes me a racist.

What colour is the sky on your world?

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Just remembered that I was called racist for referring to Mr Tumble as *Dwayne Dibley*.

[emoji38]ol:

:facepalm:

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Look forward to Wilf going on strike in 2-3 weeks time

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Just remembered that I was called racist for referring to Mr Tumble as *Dwayne Dibley*.

[emoji38]ol:

:facepalm:
Danny John Jules and the SEGW are both black, ergo..... you're a racist.

That's Palace logic!

Is it also racist to say that Steve McLaren looks like a mouldy piece of pork pie that's been left on the table at a cheap wedding buffet? Or that Wayne Rooney looks like a Tesco value ham sandwich, reduced to 20p as the box is a bit ****ed from being dropped on the floor?

If so then I best hand myself in to the authorities.

I have honestly never seen a more RIDICULOUS attempt at deflection than that in this thread from the Palace GOONS.

Unbelievably some people have fallen for it.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patreon
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
A bit of casual racism , lovely .

I think that anyone who can consider that statement racist has more deep rooted problems and racist leanings that the OP.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patreon
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006

However, he’s right to go for a move now and Arsenal would appear a good opportunity given style of play etc.

Palace would be wrong to keep him, and I don’t think they’ll try too hard, or they shouldn’t. It’s a meaningless distraction.

He’s not worth £80m and there’s no reason - at present - to believe that he ever will be. He’s good, but not that good. Personally, I don’t think he has surrounded himself with people who will help him develop the right long term mentality.

As Stat points out, there’s enough panto going on in SE11.

No one linked Wilf to fried chicken. Just to be clear.

Incidentally. Fried chickens’ association with Black folk stems from slavery in the Deep South. Slaves would fry chicken as it kept it eatable while they were out in the cotton fields.

I’m not sure how many British black people can trace their ancestry back to African slaves in Alabama but I’ll bet it’s not many. This link with racism might, therefore, be relevant in the U.S but certainly not in the UK...unless you’re a knobhead who wants to lash out because some Brighton fans are amused that corporate incompetence at Palace has led to their star player publicly stating he doesn’t want to play there anymore.

I am absolutely not bothered by 99% of the jestermens insults and jibes. But I’ve got an Anglo Indian son who would not forgive me if I let an accusation of racism, on my part, slide.

I’ve asked politely for a retraction. It hasn’t been forthcoming. That’s it really.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Comment on BBC article:

SPC333 "Zahra is no worth even 40 million over rated pre madonna" :laugh:

I don’t doubt Wilf and his skills...but rated unfairly higher than someone “before” the Blessed Virgin Mary?

Whoever that was...Mary’s mum? I doubt Wilf is better than the mother of the living God.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
Part of me wants the Zaha deal to go through, because it would piss off Palace fans and increase their chances of relegation. Another part thinks, he's doing a pretty good job of crippling their finances, so if they did go down with him on an improved long term deal, they'd be in a situation where they had to let him go for next to nothing or have him in the championship on £150 per week. That would be amusing as well.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Part of me wants the Zaha deal to go through, because it would piss off Palace fans and increase their chances of relegation. Another part thinks, he's doing a pretty good job of crippling their finances, so if they did go down with him on an improved long term deal, they'd be in a situation where they had to let him go for next to nothing or have him in the championship on £150 per week. That would be amusing as well.

I’m with you. I believe it suits US (by US I mean Brighton and Hove Albion...not Uncle Spielberg) for him to stay right where he is. A frustrated, victimised Wilf is worth far more to anyone likely to be battling in the bottom half of the table than a happy and fulfilled Wilf playing at Arsenal.

I’m therefore backing Parish. I fully expect another 20million quid to be added taking Wilf to the same level as Ronaldo or Messi.

He’s already worth more than Hazard and is catching up with Neymar...where oh where will it end.

DavidRyder

Jul 23, 2013
Following your line of reasoning, perhaps you could riddle me this:

The forum were discussing the financial chicanery of your Chairman, Wilfs agent and even Glann Murray’s involvement in a chain of Chicken outlets in London. This episode led to Glann getting arrested at dawn in a police raid.

I said that London, especially south London has already got a LOT of access to fried chicken thereby implying that this venture seems ill advised. Even if we overlook the fraud aspect and focus entirely on market saturation.

Your mate says that makes me a racist.

What colour is the sky on your world?

Screen Shot 2019-07-02 at 09.30.14.png

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006

Another example of why it’s ill advised to type “Glenn” into an iPhone whilst dropping kids at school.

I do think Glann...sorry Glenn, was acting like the tip of a penis by going into a business venture with Parish so, I’m happy with how that particular typo worked out.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here