Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Brighton] Virgin Active Brighton

Feb 21, 2009
Hi All,

Wondered if any Nsc'ers are members of this facility, views and thoughts on it. Price reflecting what you get for your membership etc

Someone mentioned to me it might be getting taking over so not sure whether to wait and see before looking to find a club to join.

Apologies if there's been a thread previously as it is such a local leisure complex to the Amex it may have been talked about.

TIA

Acker79

NSC Patreon
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I'm not a member, but a work colleague is and he recently mentioned that since the takeover by david lloyd was blocked, it went downhill, lack of repair and upkeep. Having said that, a couple of colleagues have used the physio there and only had good things to say about him.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
The take over by David Lloyd got thrown out by the Competition Authority and not aware of any further merger discussions.

As with all gyms the cost is really dependent on how often you use the facilities.

If you are looking to use the car park on match days, be prepared for a long delay getting out at times, but feel free to post your frustration on NSC if you feel you should be waved through ahead of everyone else as other posters have done.

Virgin Active are also going cashless other than in the cafe

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Calling @pubiousovidious aka Dave the Gaffer

Left there earlier in the year due to them running down the club...repairs not being done...showers in a dreadful state....

Now joined the circle on Portslade seafront and although it hasn't a gym or pool, the classes are much better.

Plus the parking and getting away from the car park after the games was just ridiculous.

Went from £130 for two of us a month to £70 for the two of us.

No brainier for us really.

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
Left there earlier in the year due to them running down the club...repairs not being done...showers in a dreadful state....

Now joined the circle on Portslade seafront and although it hasn't a gym or pool, the classes are much better.

Plus the parking and getting away from the car park after the games was just ridiculous.

Went from £130 for two of us a month to £70 for the two of us.

No brainier for us really.

£35 for a class only membership and no discount for a joint? Good grief.

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Virgin Active Falmer thrive on families who sign up to the expensive annual commitment, entIced by the pool and racket sports, but who soon lose interest in travelling over there. Several colleagues and friends did just that, cancelling the DD a couple of years later.

StillHateBellotti

Jun 17, 2011
Eastbourne
I used it for a year, not the greatest, very busy at times so pick and choose when to go. I was lucky as I worked shifts. Its expensive for what it is but you can park there on footy days, which is the added bonus. i am now at Corals.

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
if you are looking to use the car park on match days, be prepared for a long delay getting out at times, but feel free to post your frustration on nsc if you feel you should be waved through ahead of everyone else as other posters have done.

:lol::lol::lol:

Hiney

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Penrose, Cornwall
Virgin Active Falmer thrive on families who sign up to the expensive annual commitment, entIced by the pool and racket sports, but who soon lose interest in travelling over there. Several colleagues and friends did just that, cancelling the DD a couple of years later.

Isn't that the mission statement of EVERY Gym in the Country

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here