Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Drinking] Brew Dog ...grrr

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
They are a pretty horrible company. They must be laughing into their piles of money at all the gullible twats who've fallen for the pretend outsider bullshit

I’ve not heard anything about this, pray tell please.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
As an aside, Brewdog have just taken over the huge Stone Brewery site here in Berlin. Opens early September, cannot wait.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Have you looked at the ingredients of their Dead First Born Pale Ale?

So they really do use REAL vagabonds in their other pale. To be fair it has got a lot of the scum off the streets in Allon and Fraserbourg.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
So they really do use REAL vagabonds in their other pale. To be fair it has got a lot of the scum off the streets in Allon and Fraserbourg.

I’ve yet to tell [MENTION=268]Superphil[/MENTION] which “juice” from Elvis they use for his favoured Elvis Juice. Let’s just say they don’t need to use any artificial colourings.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
I don’t really keep up with Brewdogs goings on apart from their beer which I generally like very much. What have they done that’s horrible ? I know they make shitloads of money.
I wouldn't give their stuff to my dog....though some do.

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016
I don’t really keep up with Brewdogs goings apart from their beer which I generally like very much. What have they done that’s horrible ? I know they make shitloads of money.

I suspect envy is at the root of this thread. And that's a shame really.

They started as home brewers and still give away all of their recipes so home brewers can brew their own.

Palacefinder General

Apr 5, 2019
I'm guessing many of the Brewdog naysayers on here worship at the altar of Harveys, the absolute epitome of insipid, tasteless ale. They may be a Sussex company, but their beers are utter gash.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I suspect envy is at the root of this thread. And that's a shame really.

They started as home brewers and still give away all of their recipes so home brewers can brew their own.

They gave away all their recipes. They give a significant percentage of their profits to charity. They pay a living wage. They pay to put their staff through professional qualifications. They give a 100k away every year to help other U.K. small brewers make the step up. Their place in Berlin will have brewing kit available for the local community to use. Every year they have a festival promoting breweries local to their bars. They have opened and smashed down doors for other breweries. They’ve totally reinvigorated the U.K. beer scene. They’re now valued at around 1bn. For such a huge organisation they’re getting much more right than wrong.

Personally, I admire what they have done and are still trying to do. Punk IPA is a absolutely grade A classic beer. If all they ultimately end up doing is leaving us with Punk IPA it would have been worth it.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
They are a pretty horrible company. They must be laughing into their piles of money at all the gullible twats who've fallen for the pretend outsider bullshit

Why are they a horrible company? And why are people that invested 'gullible twats' ?

The above picture is part of their campaign to attract more 'Punks' to invest in their beer.

Now, I don't like their beer.

I don't like the way they operate.

........... it is very white.

What is wrong with the way they operate? And is that crowd more white than any other beer festival?

Last edited:

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
I wouldn't give their stuff to my dog....though some do.

I make no apologies for letting ‘Pumps’ have 6 or 7 cans on a Friday night,

And you’d need to have a dog for that quip to work.

Attachments

• 868D2C58-83E6-4A91-97A1-69634316EF0D.jpeg
    868D2C58-83E6-4A91-97A1-69634316EF0D.jpeg
    131.8 KB · Views: 429

Trufflehound

Re-enfranchised
Aug 5, 2003
The democratic and free EU
BrewDog employ aggressive marketing techniques, and are supremely arrogant, which is a little off-putting. Not quite sure how this makes them "horrible" though.

And their beers are a bloody sight nicer than those other aggressively marketing brewers who spend millions brainwashing the gullible that their beers are "reassuringly expensive", or "refresh parts other beers cannot reach," and other similar meaningless corporate bullcrap.

So for that reason, I'm in, if reluctantly.

Pickles

May 5, 2014
is it though?

I reckon in a blind tasting it would come out on a par with Double Diamond that someone had bubbled a fart through..... swished with a squirt of grapefruit juice ....

In 2008 the lads did exactly that, by taking some of their beers along to a blind tasting competition organised by Tesco, with hundreds of brewers taking part.

Their beers came 1st, 2nd, and 4th.

Not bad for Double Diamond look a likeys.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Quench Quake is a more than acceptable can of beer.

I agree about the picture though, I'm amazed they've used it.

el punal

I'm guessing many of the Brewdog naysayers on here worship at the altar of Harveys, the absolute epitome of insipid, tasteless ale. They may be a Sussex company, but their beers are utter gash.

You want gash? I’ll give you gash. Back in the 1970s 90% of pubs in Brighton & Hove were owned or tied to Watney’s beers ( owned at the time by Grand Metropolitan). In those days 80% of all U.K. licensed outlets were supplied by the “big five” brewery companies - Whitbread, Watney’s, Allied Breweries, Courage, Bass, and to a lesser degree, Scottish & Newcastle.

As a customer you had absolutely no choice as to what beer you could consume. If you were in a Watney’s pub it would be piss like Red Barrel, if it was a Whitbread pub it would be Tankard, and so on and so forth. Anything and everything in those outlets would be specifically a house product. If you were lucky, very lucky, you might find a Free House where the landlord could stock whatever, and the customer, liked. Invariably they would be beers brewed by small local or independent regional brewers.

Eventually the shackles came off. The monopoly of large brewery chains dictating what could and could not be sold in their establishments came to an end and the free market came into being. The public could at last have a choice in what tipple THEY wanted.

So, much as you don’t like Harvey’s beers at least in this day and age you have a choice far greater than we had back in the 70s and 80s. Enjoy the moment! :drink:

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003

usual knock at Harveys is that it doesnt taste nice. you say its tasteless? odd. its daft to say its tasteless, when its a very distinctive bitter. you may not care for it but taste is not something it is short of.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here