Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Brighton & Hove Albion vs Manchester City *** Official Match Thread ***

Reddleman

May 17, 2017
Couldn't agree more.

Even some of the middle of the road teams in the Prem like Watford have the mentality to keep going no matter the circumstance as they demonstrated in their FA cup comeback against Wolves. When we concede in any game the heads drop and there seems to be a feeling of inevitability amongst the players that we'll lose.

You mean like in our FA Cup quarter final comeback, in the Newcastle game where a point was desperately needed, away at an Arsenal that needed a win just last week. Or maybe you mean earlier in the season snatching points against Fulham, Southampton, Hudddersfield, Arsenal after being behind.

We aren’t great but let’s keep the criticism factual.

BevBHA

Jan 23, 2017
Well, who knows what Hughton said at half time, but that second half performance was a pure exhibition on why he cannot take us to the next level.

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
....and the eyes of the world were upon us, we started quite well but after that there would have been Africans watching in their dung huts thinking ' I could finish my roof off with this team'

dolphins

Jan 26, 2012
BN1, in GOSBTS
bruno after.jpg
Gracias el Capitan!

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

Mr Putdown

Jan 26, 2004
Christchurch
Get reading:
https://www.spiegel.de/international/manchester-city-and-the-fight-against-financial-fairplay-a-1236347.html
Or to summarise, ManC and PSG’s player budgets has been illegally boosted by income not earned in a fair commercial means, giving them both far better squads that if they’d complied like Arsenal and the rest.

Thanks, I will, although I’m not sure I’ll learn anything new.

It was the ‘management’ comment I was questioning, then realised you were talking about the club and not the team.

My mistake, sorry.

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
You mean like in our FA Cup quarter final comeback, in the Newcastle game where a point was desperately needed, away at an Arsenal that needed a win just last week. Or maybe you mean earlier in the season snatching points against Fulham, Southampton, Hudddersfield, Arsenal after being behind.

We aren’t great but let’s keep the criticism factual.

We have come back in those games, but I'm just talking about the feeling around the ground and in the team I sense. When we concede heads do definitely seem to drop to me. The Amex used to be a fortress where no team looked forward to coming, but we have made it all too easy for pretty lowly sides in the 2nd half of the season and again today, once we scored we could have shaken them up a bit given what was at stake, but it was all too easy in the end.

brightn'ove

cringe
Apr 12, 2011
London
Fair point. I suppose the money hasn't really had that big an influence on the Man City success story. Stuff of dreams. Smaller clubs like Salford city should take influence. If they can do it, anyone can.

It’s quite difficult to win a league that you aren’t in.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
T'is a shame we can't anoint the champions every week.

That was the most civilised, its ever been, leaving the AMEX

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
I was just there to watch it, not every day that sort of thing happens at home eh?

I don’t like city, but to get 198 points in two seasons in a league that has dominated Europe this season, that’s impressive.

I am very impressed that the team that has spent by far the most money has done so well.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here