Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Help] Tree work in Brighton

Binney on acid

NSC Patreon
Nov 30, 2003
Shoreham
Can anyone recommend a local company to cut back a conifer hedge (about 12 foot high), trim a few shrubs and prune a couple of cherry trees and a bay tree. BN1 postcode. Also, I am the freeholder for some flats across the road, and we need some shrubs and ivy cutting back, and all of the cuttings to be disposed of. I am keen to avoid apes indiscriminately hacking at our lovely cherry trees........

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
[MENTION=11350]LamieRobertson[/MENTION]

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Can anyone recommend a local company to cut back a conifer hedge (about 12 foot high), trim a few shrubs and prune a couple of cherry trees and a bay tree. BN1 postcode. Also, I am the freeholder for some flats across the road, and we need some shrubs and ivy cutting back, and all of the cuttings to be disposed of. I am keen to avoid apes indiscriminately hacking at our lovely cherry trees........

How long is the hedge? I take it you won’t want the cherry trees pruned until they’ve flowered?

Jack Straw

I look nothing like him!
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton. NOT KEMPTOWN!

Just for info, if you cut back in to old wood on a conifer hedge, it won't grow back.
Also, Cherry trees "bleed" if cut back in late spring which could lead to infection, so you may wish to consider having them done in mid-summer?

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Just for info, if you cut back in to old wood on a conifer hedge, it won't grow back.
Also, Cherry trees "bleed" if cut back in late spring which could lead to infection, so you may wish to consider having them done in mid-summer?

Seconded ..although he may of course be asking for the conifers to be trimmed ..in which case i’d suggest waiting until the cold weather has passed
Always makes sense to wait for the Cherry’s ..well it’s what I tell my customers anyway

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Seconded ..although he may of course be asking for the conifers to be trimmed ..in which case i’d suggest waiting until the cold weather has passed
Always makes sense to wait for the Cherry’s ..well it’s what I tell my customers anyway

Do you hug them as well, trees that is :cool:

Nitram

Jul 16, 2013
Brighton Tree Specalists, Jeremy - good work and reasonable price on a large bay tree last year.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here