Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Knockaert joins Fulham on initial one-year loan

kevo

Mar 8, 2008

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
He is far from perfect. Everyone acknowledges his shortcomings. But who have we got that is better?

It’s about evolving and it is clear Bloom is frustrated that we have stalled. As a club we should always strive to keep
Improving so the recruitment team must have something up their sleeve

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
Exactly. Some people seem to think he is as CH experimented with him in that position last season.

I don't think he was a 'winger' as such. He lined up on the left of a front 3 (as he used to when playing in Holland, I recall reading). It's just that with Hughton's defensive minded approach, he was forced to track back and it made it look like he was a winger.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
It’s about evolving and it is clear Bloom is frustrated that we have stalled. As a club we should always strive to keep

I, for one, can't wait to see them complete the Locadia, Ali J hat-trick.

murciagull

Nov 27, 2006
Murcia
To those who would see Knockaert head to Fulham for a modest fee....
Palace away.
Strip away the emotion and that it’s palace, for a moment .....on a footballing level, how many of our players have it them to produce a moment like that?
I’m struggling.
People get hung up on his weaknesses. He certainly has many.
But what about his strengths.

Unless we are planning to seriously upgrade, we will regret selling him.

Jose against West Ham twice, Ali J against Huddersfield at home (I know he hit the bar but it was a whisker away)

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
In my opinion AK transfer listed himself with that ridiculous foul/assault towards the back end of last season. Now with a new manager (no doubt made aware of AKs issues), a change of playing style, his age and debatable suitability for the PL, and the offer of reasonable millions in a transfer fee whilst cutting the wage bill, well why wouldn’t TB cash his chips in?

Thanks Knocky, and good luck! All those crying over the departure of a talisman etc etc should remember that players always have, and always will, come and go. The club is forever.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
Like most people on here, I have mixed feelings. It's true that AK has it in him to get us off our seats and the goal at Palace was the extreme example (plus a great memory to leave us with). But those moments were becoming rarer last season. Plus he also has an uncanny ability to pick the wrong option and he could have been red-carded in the opening exchanges of that glorious win at Selhurst.

His signing was arguably the present recruitment regime's greatest triumph (Duffy a close second) and selling him on at a big profit after three and a half years' fantastic service represents a significantly good bit of business. And it just might be the right time. It's my personal opinion that he always played better when Bruno was there to talk him through a game and that, of course, is no longer possible. His departure will also allow Ali J a chance to show what he can do in his best position.

At Fulham he'll be first choice again at a level where we know he can excel and as long as they look after him off the field he'll enjoy himself there. If he helps them up, people might say we let him go too early, but would he have been able to deliver next season in a top division that's getting harder all the time?

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
To those who would see Knockaert head to Fulham for a modest fee....
Palace away.
Strip away the emotion and that it’s palace, for a moment .....on a footballing level, how many of our players have it them to produce a moment like that?
I’m struggling.
People get hung up on his weaknesses. He certainly has many.
But what about his strengths.
Unless we are planning to seriously upgrade, we will regret selling him.

Solly March. And he has scored similar goals.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
The best stats in a bad team doesn't automatically equal the best player and one worthy of Premier League status.

AK's stats from last season, or the season before, are not 'Premier League' quality.
But doesn't that comment apply to all our fit wingers? Should we get rid of them all?

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
A Knocky-Knocker Knocker then?

He just gets off on knocking the knockers who knock Knocky.
Not worth the time of day

doogie004

Oct 12, 2008
wisborough green
As a team player .... AK is considerably behind March.

Don’t doubt that AK can be better with the ball when he is on form. However he doesn’t offer very much without it, apart from diving into tackles and waving his arms about.

Just unbelievable what some people see and watch . When I slate Stephens in return you get well he’s a defensive midfielder blah blah blah . Well knocky had to do his defensive duties ok it might not of been as good as March but knocky is an attacking player soured more to being in the oppo half of the pitch not bailing out the back four . Hughton time and again held him back ruined his confidence. He offers more than all the other wingers put together . March you say [emoji23][emoji23]let’s bloody well hope so

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
But doesn't that comment apply to all our fit wingers? Should we get rid of them all?

If they are all exactly the same, had the same chances, are the same age, share identical disciplinary records, on the same contract, have similar issues, are viewed upon as exactly the same by Potter then sure get rid of the lot.

I'll hazard a guess though, that isn't the case.

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
Jose against West Ham twice, Ali J against Huddersfield at home (I know he hit the bar but it was a whisker away)

Yes, jose, but that was a while ago. Who knows what the future holds for him?
Ali Js brilliant strike against hudd was 100% the exception not the rule.
Knocky has it in him to grab the game by the scruff of the neck and make things happen, in a way that others can’t.

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
Solly March. And he has scored similar goals.

Solly March is a decent player and a team man. I wouldn’t say he’s a game changer type. Although over the course of 150 odd appearances I dare say there are one or two examples

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
Just unbelievable what some people see and watch . When I slate Stephens in return you get well he’s a defensive midfielder blah blah blah . Well knocky had to do his defensive duties ok it might not of been as good as March but knocky is an attacking player soured more to being in the oppo half of the pitch not bailing out the back four . Hughton time and again held him back ruined his confidence. He offers more than all the other wingers put together . March you say [emoji23][emoji23]let’s bloody well hope so

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

And in that reply you’ve shown exactly why you get slated.

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016

It looks like they have already replaced him with Trossard. Solly and Ali J will be his on pitch replacements.

The money saved on wages can be put to use in other areas. Judging by the rumours this will be CF and DM. Plus we need a new RB.

Hayden and Maupay, plus another, would be my guess.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here