Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Knockaert joins Fulham on initial one-year loan

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
His style lately was too much hero ball and not enough team play.

A striker could make a decent run but Anthony often decided it would be better for him to hold onto the ball and ignore the open forward to take on three opponents instead.

Did us well, time to move on.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
If Knockaert was THAT good then why didn't any other Prem clubs come in for him?

Happy with Locadia and Ali J filling his shoes? You mug.

SeagullCrow

May 9, 2008
I'm not entirely sure why, but I feel like my Albion mojo has taken a serious hit tonight. I think this news about Knockaert (and the scandalous fee we've supposedly accepted for him) is the straw that broke my mojo's back (as it were). Losing Hughton, Bruno, Rosenior (albeit only as a coach), the speculation around Dunk, and now the news about Knocky has had the cumulative affect of making it feel like the heart has been ripped out of the Albion. In many respects, each of these people typified the spirit of the club for me, and at this moment I haven't really got a handle on what our new identity will be.

I accept that this was always going to happen as the club enters a new phase of its development, but I struggle to remember any previous period when the club has undergone such a radical overhaul in its culture in such a short period of time.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
I'm not entirely sure why, but I feel like my Albion mojo has taken a serious hit tonight. I think this news about Knockaert (and the scandalous fee we've supposedly accepted for him) is the straw that broke my mojo's back (as it were). Losing Hughton, Bruno, Rosenior (albeit only as a coach), the speculation around Dunk, and now the news about Knocky has had the cumulative affect of making it feel like the heart has been ripped out of the Albion. In many respects, each of these people typified the spirit of the club for me, and at this moment I haven't really got a handle on what our new identity will be.

I accept that this was always going to happen as the club enters a new phase of its development, but I struggle to remember any previous period when the club has undergone such a radical overhaul in its culture in such a short period of time.

Funny you should say that - was just thinking if someone posted that 'How's your Albion mojo' thread right now, mine would be about -3 or -4 from last time.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
All things considered, I think this deal suits everyone and the timing is right. His place in our history is assured and his wing exploits will not be forgotten for a long long time. All the best and thank you.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
If we’re struggling and Knocky is tearing up the Championship, NSC will be unbearable this season. We just need to bear in mind that at the top level, he’s not made the same impact. In fact, a couple of times he’s been a liability and at the latter end of last season seemed far more interested in waving his arms about and moaning at team-mates than knuckling down.

Not happy to lose him with the others unproven and March inconsistent, but will trust for now that it frees up comparatively high wages (and a squad place) for use in more important areas. If that doesn’t happen in this transfer window, I can’t see us surviving and will feel a bit sorry for the new boss.

Of course, IF we do go down, there’s a chance we might see Knocky in an Albion shirt again, given the reported structure of the deal.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
A few scenarios.

Potter doesn't fancy him as a player.

Potter got told that he needs to go and he didn't have much choice in the matter.

we paid under 2 mill for him and he's rumoured to be going for around 15 mill.....maybe Tony needs some punting money , although i doubt it.

Ⓩ-Ⓐ-Ⓜ-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ

Hove / Παρος
Apr 7, 2006
Hove / Παρος
Trossard (last season) and Knocky (15-16) have similar records in the Jupiler Pro League. Trossard more goals, Knocky more assists, but both contribute a definitive action (random term I made up) (goal or assist) approximately once every game and a half.

Trossard
24 apps (1,967 minutes)
11 goals (1 goal every 1.98 games (90 mins))
4 assists (1 assist every 5.46 games (90 mins))

Definitive action (goal or assist) 1 every 1.45 games (90 mins)

Knockaert
20 apps (1,648 minutes)
5 goals (1 goal every 3.66 games (90 mins))
6 assists (1 goal every 3.05 games (90 mins))

Definitive action (goal or assist) 1 every 1.66 games (90 mins)

The more I think about it the more gutted I am to be losing him - and that's nothing against Trossard! :(

Ⓩ-Ⓐ-Ⓜ-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ

Hove / Παρος
Apr 7, 2006
Hove / Παρος
we paid under 2 mill for him and he's rumoured to be going for around 15 mill.....maybe Tony needs some punting money , although i doubt it.

Going for £10m which is why people are upset. The only reason I can think of why we are selling so cheap is that he had a "match highest earner clause" in his contract and we wanted him off the books before making our major signings.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
Ⓩ-Ⓐ-Ⓜ-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ;8995348 said:
Going for £10m which is why people are upset. The only reason I can think of why we are selling so cheap is that he had a "match highest earner clause" in his contract and we wanted him off the books before making our major signings.

hmmmm well at 10 million if he turns up week after week they have an absolute bargain............if he goes missing and has numerous brain farts then we are the winners....

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
All things considered, I think this deal suits everyone and the timing is right. His place in our history is assured and his wing exploits will not be forgotten for a long long time. All the best and thank you.

What nonsense is this? How is the timing right? Happy with Locadia and Ali J and some unknown quantity as wingers? Why would you want to dispense with one of our best players and one of the few 'flair' options we have? And someone who has a real passion for the club. You'll be trying to convince us of the benefits of a no-deal Brexit next.

the wanderbus

Dec 7, 2004
pogle's wood
Gutted to be losing a player that can get you off your seat , and for comparably small fee too FFS.
Yes he spent a lot of the last 2 seasons moaning and throwing his arms in the air but how much of that was down to frustration at the style we were playing ...not that there was anything stylish about it.

junior

Dec 1, 2003
Didsbury, Manchester
Seems like I'm alone here, but i think it's a reasonable price for a 28 year old who has been bang average for the past 2 seasons.

I trust TB and the club to know what they are doing.

Great player. Thanks for the memories. Move on. Nothing lasts forever.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here