Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Knockaert joins Fulham on initial one-year loan

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
Still has plenty to offer.
Worth WAY more than the quoted 10 mill, in current market.
Let’s call the whole thing off.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
This is the biggest fee we have ever got for a player. Ever.

One that some were saying should never play for the club again after that sending off.

**** me, let's pull our knickers up and jog on, eh? ???

How many players have we sold that are fit to lace AK’s boots?

Luke93

STAND OR FALL
Jun 23, 2013
Shoreham
A number you can count me in on.

But that's no longer the case, which is a shame, but understandable.
An awful lot of the defense being given to AK reads very much like a justification for sending him down to the Championship.

He just wasn't the Premier League player his defenders are suggesting he was.

Much like Ali J will now forever be shitehouse.
AK will always be our Championship AK, the heartbeat of the team and fans alike.

He just hasn't been that player for two full seasons, no matter how badly we all wish it otherwise.

Stats from the last PL season:

Knockaert: 2 goals and 6 assists from 1800 minutes played
March: 1 goal and 6 assist from 2400 minutes played
All J: ****all from 1000 minutes
Locadia: 2 goals from 1200 minutes
Izquirdo: 2 goals from 800 minutes

However you slice it, AK WAS our most creative outlet from our wingers last season. Loosing him is detrimental to the squad until a superior replacement has been found.

And I agree that Knockaert plays better in the Championship. I’m sure our other wingers would!

Jul 5, 2003
Bristol
I was thinking this earlier, Barber whinging about fees but letting an asset go for relative buttons, what’s that all about?

It's very, very, very weird.
We don't need to sell. We know they have money. We know the value of a player capable of getting a team up from the Championship. We know how good AK is at that level.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Also, I recall Knocky sprinting half way across the pitch with the ball only to lose it, tackled from beside, by the oppo who had outsprinted him. Meanwhile Ali J can do amazing things with the ball so quickly and deftly most people miss it. And, he can be coached.

All about opinions, innit? ???

No, it is about facts. AK has gone, and that was the decision of the club I love and trust. Fact

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Stats from the last PL season:

Knockaert: 2 goals and 6 assists from 1800 minutes played
March: 1 goal and 6 assist from 2400 minutes played
All J: ****all from 1000 minutes
Locadia: 2 goals from 800 minutes
Izquirdo: 2 goals from 800 minutes

However you slice it, AK WAS our most creative outlet from our wingers last season. Loosing him is detrimental to the squad until a superior replacement has been found.

And I agree that Knockaert plays better in the Championship. I’m sure our other wingers would!

Christ. That's like saying that the wormy biscuit with one hole wins over the soggy biscuits with mould.

NorthStandSteward

Jan 14, 2014
Also, I recall Knocky sprinting half way across the pitch with the ball only to lose it, tackled from beside, by the oppo who had outsprinted him. Meanwhile Ali J can do amazing things with the ball so quickly and deftly most people miss it. And, he can be coached.

All about opinions, innit? ???

No, it is about facts. AK has gone, and that was the decision of the club I love and trust. Fact

Because you 'love and trust' them, they're incapable of making bad decisions?

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Ⓩ-Ⓐ-Ⓜ-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ;8995063 said:
The sun is reporting a £10m fee or a £4m loan fee if they DON'T purchase him next summer.

"The Frenchman will miss Albion's friendly on Saturday - ironically against Fulham - as he looks to complete a switch which can be turned permanent for £10million next summer. If the relegated Londoners opt against buying him, then the Seagulls will be due a £4m payment for this term's loan."

I read that as we will receive £10m or £4m next summer. Not £14m (loan fee + transfer fee). Sounds terrible.

When have we - as Brighton fans - ever been satisfied, let alone delighted, with the fees we've got for our departing players? Virgo to Celtic probably the only one where we hugged ourselves with glee. Ulloa to Leicester was OK, and Liverpool played fair with fees for Lawro and Robinson, but apart from that ...................?

Perhaps we just can't stop ourselves believing they're worth more than they are.

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
I’m not saying I want AK gone.

I’d rather he stayed, because as things stand our squad is weaker without him.

But if he is underpriced at £10m how come no one else has come in for him ?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Christ. That's like saying that the wormy biscuit with one hole wins over the soggy biscuits with mould.

As said the defence of AK all read like a plea to send him to the Championship.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
You normally talk sense, got stuck into the vino early tonight ??!!

:lolol: How kind. No, only just started on the sauce....

Basically this is done and dusted so we have to move on. I am not going to join in with any Barber/Bloom out chorus.

I suspect there will be loads of stuff going on vis a vis AK we know nothing about, too.

I will make a prediction: AK will be mediocre for Fulham next season. But I hope he will thrive.

All the best :thumbsup:

Ecosse Exile

May 20, 2009
Alicante, Spain
Ⓩ-Ⓐ-Ⓜ-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ;8995063 said:
The sun is reporting a £10m fee or a £4m loan fee if they DON'T purchase him next summer.

"The Frenchman will miss Albion's friendly on Saturday - ironically against Fulham - as he looks to complete a switch which can be turned permanent for £10million next summer. If the relegated Londoners opt against buying him, then the Seagulls will be due a £4m payment for this term's loan."

I read that as we will receive £10m or £4m next summer. Not £14m (loan fee + transfer fee). Sounds terrible.

If thats true its a ****in joke, £15 mil was giving him away imho, Barber or whoever negotiated that needs to give their head a serious wobble IF TRUE!

Steve in Japan

NSC Patron
May 9, 2013
East of Eastbourne
Bugger me, this transfer window continues to confuse and exasperate. Don’t fix the gaps most people accept we have. No.

Sign another centre-half. And get shot of Knocky......exasperating, annoying etc but also a player who can change a game. And we have precious few of those.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
He suffered with depression in our first season and never really recovered enough to be a starter. There’s a reason why we’ve spent nearly 40m on the wings to join Solly.

It’s time he started a new challenge.

At times he was our best player last year.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here