Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Dunk to Leicester City?

herecomesaregular

We're in the pipe, 5 by 5
Oct 27, 2008
Still in Brighton
Would take £45m for Lewis. Love him but he's not that good.

Then boot off Ali J and Locadia to anyone who'll take them for £5m each.

Yeah, so a loss of £20m on those two but still balances out as £25m up to spend and three sets of high wages.

* I'm only half serious.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
FFS, talkSHITE is now running an 'Lewis Dunk going to Leicester for £45m proves that the transfer market has gone mad' thread, ignoring the fact(s) that it hasn't happened, there's no evidence that it will happen, he'd cost more than that, and that he's a good player. The presenter admitted at one point that he hadn't really seen that much of Dunk but was still prepared to dismiss him as a potential £40m+ player..

All this proves to me is that afternoon talk radio is a load of rubbish. But then it always was.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
FFS, talkSHITE is now running an 'Lewis Dunk going to Leicester for £45m proves that the transfer market has gone mad' thread, ignoring the fact(s) that it hasn't happened, there's no evidence that it will happen, he'd cost more than that, and that he's a good player. The presenter admitted at one point that he hadn't really seen that much of Dunk but was still prepared to dismiss him as a potential £40m+ player..

All this proves to me is that afternoon talk radio is a load of rubbish. But then it always was.
And you listen to that shit ?

Jul 5, 2003
Bristol

I hate that.
Stuff like that is just cheap and has no place on a 'serious' radio station. Especially as the clueless masses will be quoting it tomorrow.
He IS worth double that of Mings.
It's not fair to pick on one player, especially given we know the pundits have hardly watched him.

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex

Yes, I caught a bit of that. Darren Gough, ex CRICKETER spouting off about Brighton’s poor defence being the reason Hughton was sacked. Then an Albion fan, Shaun calls in to say Dunk is better than Maguire and is worth over £45m.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
End of this thread?:

7FA46E2A-EB2A-4DB1-B686-B0CE4D828DAE.png

lizard

Well-hung member
Jul 14, 2005
Amazing no way is Maguire better than VVD would be mad for any club to pay more for him.

Hypothetically, if Barca or someone went after VVD, what do you think the figure would be? Dare say a sight more than £80M.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
Do you have that from a reliable source?

I don’t know you and it’s your right to say whatever you like about folk being ITK.

I’m actually not trying to impress you or anyone else for that matter...but what I’ve said on Dunk really has come from a very reliable source who definitely IS in the know.

Anyway, carry on.

Bish Bosh

Aug 10, 2005
Wish it was in the EU

Now WHERE exactly is that off switch or re-tune button?!!

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
I hope you're right in the end though - I'm very much hoping Lewis is leading out the Stripes come August 10th and is around to ram that chant back down Palace's throats. Again.

I'm just thinking this story now ends (or this chapter at least) like this. Dunky leading out Albion as captain next season perhaps to a victory against Southampton on May 2, 2020, keeping us in the Premier League, and marking his tenth anniversary at Brighton since his debut v MK Dons in L1 in 2010... Maybe a goal too.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Of course - what else would we talk about !! - but in the end - this really might turn out to be a massive fuss over nothing. No bid or likely bid , no real interest for a player who was happy to stay at a club who had no intention of selling. That sounds like where we are...

Well, it will either be seen to be a massive fuss about nothing or a massive fuss about something. Fact.

:lolol: :thumbsup:

Ecosse Exile

May 20, 2009
Alicante, Spain
This report that Leicester dont think Dunk or Tarkowski represent VFM just seems like tit for tat to me, yesterday a report from Andy Naylor suggested that if Leicester were to make a bid for Dunk, it would have to be more than the £40-45 million being quoted therefore pushing the price up not just for Dunk but probably Tarkowski too.

Today we get this apparently from Brendan Rogers, who i doubt has any more say in fees than any other manager in football these days, in what just sounds like an attempt to bring the price down again.

Ironically though, it is as much their greed over the Maguire fee to United or City, that is driving the other fees up, you want Dunk for £25 mill, sell Maguire for £35 mill, because that is the deal that will set the standard.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here