Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Knockaert joins Fulham on initial one-year loan

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
They have a very good relationship that much was clear knocky might have the hump who knows I just don’t see him staying

Wow

You are reading a hell of a lot into a couple of comments from Potter.

Also AK loves the club... not CH, in an interview not that long ago he said he would stay here as long as the club wants him because of how we have helped him.

If he leaves it’s because he isn’t getting game time and we want to move him on, not because Hughton left.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Only usually when they are too old to cut it in the Prem, which Knocky is not.

If they're lower PL at best, they can and do - voluntarily if they want to shine again like they did when previously at the lower level, or voluntarily if their PL team doesn't want them/wants to sell them, and no other PL team comes in with an offer.
Knocky can shine in the Championship in a way that he can't in the PL - he's lower PL standard.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Not overly bothered ? He said he wanted to keep him

Also what about Knocky makes him a ‘Hughton player’ ??

It wasn’t a very emphatic declaration. It seems more courtesy than a statement of intent.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
This is a bit of a daft argument. Has Potter singled out any senior player for praise yet? I'd imagine his language will remain pretty neutral at least until the season starts, you can't read anything into it either way.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
I said it wasn’t a very emphatic declaration.

And I said ... how do you know ? Where you there ?

You don’t know how he said “ I want him to stay” .... he could have been very monotone and not fussed or he could have been far more enthused about him staying.

I pretty sure that if he had been asked that question about ANY player the response would have been exactly the same.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
And I said ... how do you know ? Where you there ?

You don’t know how he said “ I want him to stay” .... he could have been very monotone and not fussed or he could have been far more enthused about him staying.

I pretty sure that if he had been asked that question about ANY player the response would have been exactly the same.

Obviously I wasn’t there, and obviously I am basing my opinion on the information I have. But, all things considered, the language being used doesn’t indicate Potter is fighting to keep him. This is my opinion, nothing more, nothing less.

I feel he will go.

Withdean11

Feb 18, 2007
Brighton/Hyde
We would be crazy to let him go. On his day he is still one of the best players we have. Under Potter i.e not playing with 11 behind the ball, we might sure see 'that day' much more often.

There's also the very strong possibility of relegation this season, if that happens, i'd be much more confident about getting back up with Knockaert in the team.

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
The fact that Bens Grandad and TSB both think Knocky to Fulham for £15 Mil, is a good deal for us, confirms for me that it is a bad deal for us.

I have a feeling that Knocky is just about back on an even keel emotionally, and I hope he stays and plays.

Because your opinion is worth more than mine, huh? Knob.

Bloke has never been an on an even keel emotionally is his life.

Last edited:

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
The same Naylor whose contacts said Dunk to Leicester was....

Situations do change and develop. Perhaps Leicester actually contacted us about Dunk between the two statements...... or made a realistic offer.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
We would be crazy to let him go. On his day he is still one of the best players we have. Under Potter i.e not playing with 11 behind the ball, we might sure see 'that day' much more often.

There's also the very strong possibility of relegation this season, if that happens, i'd be much more confident about getting back up with Knockaert in the team.

.... and there's the argument for those happy to see him go.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here