Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
So, only when we are being strafed by enemy machine guns can we dare to say these chaps resembles the Nazis somewhat!
If you'd asked a German in 1933 if they thought their country would be responsible for the extermination of 6 million Jews in concentration camps I'm guessing they'd think you were crazy.
I'm not saying that's going to happen again but with the evidence of human history, it's madness to say something calamitous won't.
Modern parallels with the past are very worrying at the moment, and in a lot of cases I think yes it is justified to say, these people are nazis. Wouldn't you call a few people knocking around in today's political landscape nazis?

There are some Nazis, yes. Agreed.

They have always been with us.

During the 50s, 60s onwards we had the black shirts, the NF and various other groups.

We live in an enlightened society that knows the pitfalls. We also have a society with information overload.

If you spend time looking for extremists you will find them. But my real life experience tells me society is not on a cliff edge or even headed that way.

The society I grew up with had far more prejudice than the one I live in now.

That is not to say we shouldn't be watchful. But our highlighting of potential challenges is a symbol of how far we have come.

D

Deleted member 22389

During the 50s, 60s onwards we had the black shirts, the NF and various other groups.

We live in an enlightened society that knows the pitfalls. We also have a society with information overload.

If you spend time looking for extremists you will find them. But my real life experience tells me society is not on a cliff edge or even headed that way.

That is not to say we shouldn't be watchful. But our highlighting of potential challenges is a symbol of how far we have come.

Completely agree. It's quite sad some of the rubbish that gets tweeted.

Klaas

I've changed this
Nov 1, 2017

Unfortunately I have to disagree with you here. We seem to be undoing a lot of good work at a frightening pace.

D

Deleted member 22389

Unfortunately I have to disagree with you here. We seem to be undoing a lot of good work at a frightening pace.

Tell me what are you seeing outside that suggests this country is on a cliff edge. All I'm seeing is more people, and more new houses being built.

pb21

Apr 23, 2010

Completely agree. It's quite sad some of the rubbish that gets tweeted.

I am not sure people who are drawing parallels with now compared to the 1930s are strictly comparing the number of extremists or amount of prejudice around; clearly there has always been extremists and prejudice.

I think the compassion is appropriate, although the current parallels are more subtle than the number concentration camps around etc.

I recommend that you take the time to read this book, published in 1941:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Escape_from_Freedom

This provides an explanation for how Nazism came to prominence (essentially societal existential angst and a subsequent submission to a powerful authority and desire for destruction).

IMO there are clear parallels.

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
I draw comfort from the fact that you can always rely on staunch remainer and bastion of European conservatism Amber Rudd.
Who has surprisingly changed her mind and is now not only supporting leave but now wants to leave on a no deal basis.
Flaky as dandruff is this excuse of a woman, I don't suppose it's got anything to do with that clown Johnson going to be PM is it?
The stupid bitch should be flogged.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014

Jan 30, 2008
So, only when we are being strafed by enemy machine guns can we dare to say these chaps resembles the Nazis somewhat!
If you'd asked a German in 1933 if they thought their country would be responsible for the extermination of 6 million Jews in concentration camps I'm guessing they'd think you were crazy.
I'm not saying that's going to happen again but with the evidence of human history, it's madness to say something calamitous won't.
Modern parallels with the past are very worrying at the moment, and in a lot of cases I think yes it is justified to say, these people are nazis. Wouldn't you call a few people knocking around in today's political landscape nazis?

No it's just something soy boys like you who like to throw it about to make themselves feel better
Regards
DR

Last edited:

Jan 30, 2008
:lolol: As have you.

Be interesting to see what your excuse is when we don't leave in October.

I don't have to make any excuse I cast my vote,any excuses are from people who have been to undemocratic to carry out my instruction along with the millions of others who voted LEAVE
regards
DR

daveinplzen

Aug 31, 2018
I don't have to make any excuse I cast my vote,any excuses are from people who have been to undemocratic to carry out my instruction along with the millions of others who voted LEAVE
regards
DR

Edit: Forget it, no reason to debate with a racist, SS worshipping fool.

Last edited:

Klaas

I've changed this
Nov 1, 2017
No it's just something soy boys like you who like to throw it about to make themselves feel better
Regards
DR

Keep taking the BRAINFORCE* you racist ****!
[tweet]926546199011786752[/tweet]

*Contains soy

Klaas

I've changed this
Nov 1, 2017
Tell me what are you seeing outside that suggests this country is on a cliff edge. All I'm seeing is more people, and more new houses being built.

I'm not sure there's a lot of point engaging with you on this given your 'everything is fine' mantra for literally anything you don't agree with, but, here's a small example; what do you make of right wing thugs attacking the press and peaceful protesters in London on Thursday?

Cliff edge is your term. The bit about more people and houses... :shrug:

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I'm not sure there's a lot of point engaging with you on this given your 'everything is fine' mantra for literally anything you don't agree with, but, here's a small example; what do you make of right wing thugs attacking the press and peaceful protesters in London on Thursday?

Cliff edge is your term. The bit about more people and houses... :shrug:

More people and more houses appears to be anti immigration imo.

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
You guys are still spouting, or is it shouting, the same old shit at each other. Brexit is a shit idea for the economy and all that goes with it and a good idea for self governance as an inward focused nation. Done

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here