Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Matt Clarke- Portsmouth defender **SIGNED and LOANED to DERBY**

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I’ll despair if we are swapping Dunk for Clarke...

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
I guess that's where we fundamentally disagree.

I do however agree that significant investment is needed and we should not just be working with what we have, as numerous players have up to now only shown that they're not good enough. I, however, am not in a panic because we are yet to improve on our squad, I'd rather we take time and get things right this time

Fair enough. Takes all sorts :)

FindonFan

Jul 15, 2014
If anybody has any news about the thread: Matt Clark - Portsmouth defender rumour, I’d be interested to hear it.
Meanwhile, can the rest of you bugger off to the Thread: “Boring Old Tits Waffeling On About The Same Old Crap”.

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014
No. Hughts would keep us up.

But I'd be concerned that all the deadwood is still hanging around and that the club are making noises about "improving what we have" rather than sweeping it all away.

shibberdyboom.. ffs leave it alone

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent
I think that sacking a manager who kept us up twice and replacing him with someone who's never done anything in English football will likely send us down, yes.
However, my gripe at this time is that we don't even seem to be close to signing anyone, let alone having done so already. And the players report back this week to meet the new boss. Then full training in two weeks.
The clock is ticking.

Maybe, just maybe the new manager wants to meet the players and see for themselves how they perform to his ideas and standards. I am sure the club have targets, but Potter will want to see if he can work with what he’s got before making wholesale changes - to get back on thread, Matt Clarke, it’s a no from me!

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
Maybe, just maybe the new manager wants to meet the players and see for themselves how they perform to his ideas and standards. I am sure the club have targets, but Potter will want to see if he can work with what he’s got before making wholesale changes - to get back on thread, Matt Clarke, it’s a no from me!

Seen him play much?

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
No, it’s a no as I think it’s just another rumour, and for the reasons I stated above that Potter would like to see what he’s got to work with first...

But Potter has seen Clarke play... and may know that someone like Balogun is off.

seagullwedgee

Aug 9, 2005
itk...?

have you just been given the old heeve ho;

but are not allowed to discuss it on this platform...???

Clarke is not a replacement for anyone. He will be an understudy to D&D, and may occasionally be used with both if we experiment with 352 or 3411, should the opportunity/need exist. There is a small chance we will lose Dunk, estimated at 1 in 6. If we do, a PL ready now CB will be brought in, and in such an event it increases/accelerates slightly the chances of Clarke being needed for first team action. Good strategy, great deal, good insurance.

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014
Clarke is not a replacement for anyone. He will be an understudy to D&D, and may occasionally be used with both if we experiment with 352 or 3411, should the opportunity/need exist. There is a small chance we will lose Dunk, estimated at 1 in 6. If we do, a PL ready now CB will be brought in, and in such an event it increases/accelerates slightly the chances of Clarke being needed for first team action. Good strategy, great deal, good insurance.

you must have the tiniest penis...

are you barber?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here