Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Local Council Elections

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
The Tories were talking up losing a thousand councillors for damage limitation purposes expecting they would lose less to claim some sort of silver lining .... current losses 1113 :facepalm:

McTavish

Nov 5, 2014
Will we finally get a non Tory local councillor in Mid Sussex? Last time the Tory party won 54/54. Only a few results in so far but 5/5 for the Tory party. Last time the Green candidate in High Weald (my area) was not that far behind.

Cons getting a shoeing in Burgess Hill - lost 6 out of 6 so far!

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Peter Gerald Atkinson (Labour) and Anne Louis Pissaridou (Labour) have been elected as councillors for the North Portslade ward.

YYYYYEEEEESSSSSSSSSS. The revolution starts now!

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
Cons getting a shoeing in Burgess Hill - lost 6 out of 6 so far!

No great surprise seeing as in 4 years all they've been able to deliver is a half built Lidls

afters

Jul 9, 2003
as 10cc say, not in hove
"Two recounts are taking place at the moment.

If a ward’s votes are recounted, it is a strong indication the margins between the parties are minimal. "

genius reporting by the argus .....

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
And rising.
Labour down 100.
Tremendous failure by the big two.

Both deservedly getting a kicking. Funnily enough, these results might provide some new impetus to the Brexit talks between them as they will face the same or worse results at the European elections.

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
Both deservedly getting a kicking. Funnily enough, these results might provide some new impetus to the Brexit talks between them as they will face the same or worse results at the European elections.

They well might.
Tough to see any deal agreed passing parliament though (I know this isn't really the thread for this...)

pauli cee

Jan 21, 2009
worthing
I know. But I went there nearly every week for about 10 years and never had a bad curry. :)
Maybe i got lucky, maybe the inspector was having a bad day!

We used to have a very popular curry house near where I used to live.
It had a 0 rating most of the time, but had a newspaper clipping in the window saying the health inspectors never had a problem with the hygiene of the place, but the owners were always crap at returning paperwork on time.....

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
The Tories have lost Rother! There's now more Labour councillors in Bexhill than Tory - this is not possible. :lolol:

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
It's a Bank Holiday weekend, Dave.

Any chance the Revolution could start Tuesday morning as some of us have plans?

No problem...I'll call off the revolutionary guard until Tuesday

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
The real meat on the bone of all this, the amount of spoiled ballot papers nationwide is unprecedented.
Interesting times ahead.

Indeed ....

stream_img.jpg

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Interestingly (maybe) is that two Green councillors have been elected in Wealden (Forest Row and Withyham). Correct me if I am wrong but this must be the first time the Greens have any kind of success in Wealden? /QUOTE]

Two Greens in Horsham district for the first time too, and I believe a couple in Chichester, and a Green just missed out in Crawley Down (Mid Sussex)

I know one of the Conservative candidates who was standing in his first ever election, he wasn't far behind the Green candidate but what did for him was the number of votes for UKIP. Had half of those UKIP voters voted tactically they'd have had 2 Tory councillors, instead they have one Tory and one Anti-Brexit Green.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Yes les junior is south portslade.....les Hamilton senior was responsible for the building of Mile Oak Primary. LOvely old chap

I remember Les Sr and Les Jr taught me Maths at school. Both very good genuine hard working councillors, as is the other South Portslade councillor, Alan Robins, another associate from very many years ago. I always had a lot of time for the two Withdean councillors Ken and Anne Norman as well. So why on earth they let a certain candidate stand this time round, I've no idea. I must ask whether they know about his 'views' when I next see them.

*edit* just seen post below - maybe i won't bother :laugh:

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here