Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Locadia & Hemed

jasetheace

Apr 13, 2011
Neither. I expect there to be little room for sentiment this summer. Take the hit and take what we can get. Move on. Hopefully a front 4 of Andone, Murray, Tau and one big established name to rotate next season.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Andone seems to be a sicknote.

Really ? Before Andone arrived at Albion he'd missed a couple of games in 2 years in La Liga. He missed the first 5 games of this season due to injury, and 2 games due to injury after Huddersfield.
He's been available for every other Premier League game. (apart from when he elbowed that West Brom bloke)

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
How will Tau qualify?

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

I can't remember the exact regulations, but I think he has to score 2 bicycle kicks within three hours of each other wearing pink socks and not spending more than €5.43 on anything except a SOY latte in towns containing the letter Z unless it's a leap year. In which case the moon has to be declared an exoplanet.

But don't quote me.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Percy Tau is hardly setting the Belgian Division 2 alight. Would be very concerned if he was our fourth choice striker.

It doesn't matter who the second, third or fourth striker is, the manager won't play anyone other than Murray despite all his obvious failings.

Jimmehh

Mar 21, 2016
Sussex by the Sea
Really ? Before Andone arrived at Albion he'd missed a couple of games in 2 years in La Liga. He missed the first 5 games of this season due to injury, and 2 games due to injury after Huddersfield.
He's been available for every other Premier League game. (apart from when he elbowed that West Brom bloke)

What about last weekend? Where he wasn't available as it was deemed he was still too injured to play even from the bench?

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
It doesn't matter who the second, third or fourth striker is, the manager won't play anyone other than Murray despite all his obvious failings.

Yes. Glenn has started 25 out of the 31 league games this season. He hasn't been out to injury at all this season.
But clearly Hughton has played Locadia and Andone in his place for some games so this isn't true.
He dropped Glenn as long ago as er, ....our last league match.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
What about last weekend? Where he wasn't available as it was deemed he was still too injured to play even from the bench?

"2 games due to injury after Huddersfield" - Yes. He missed 2 games after pulling up v Palace. (Palace and Southampton and the Millwall QF). He started v Chelsea, and came on for 24 minutes at Wembley.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
The fact that our, shot shy, immobile, offside centre forward is too old to play 2 games a week ought to ring the odd alarm bell, even in Chailey.

Oh and welcome back from your 'holiday' that just so happen to coincide with you pontificating about how the Albion aren't as shite as we had all seen.
Only for them to go out and be even shite-er v Southampton.

Your 'holidays' from NSC certainly have a palace fan feel to them. :lol:

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
The fact that our, shot shy, immobile, offside centre forward is too old to play 2 games a week ought to ring the odd alarm bell, even in Chailey.

Oh and welcome back from your 'holiday' that just so happen to coincide with you pontificating about how the Albion aren't as shite as we had all seen.
Only for them to go out and be even shite-er v Southampton.

Your 'holidays' from NSC certainly have a palace fan feel to them. :lol:

You're overreaching again SB. An over-reliance on 35 year old GM who can't score a hat trick every week, is something nobody disagrees with except you've insisting Hughton "never plays anyone else" except of course when he does.

And calling out a fellow fan for being "Palace" cos you're bit irked with their pedantry or whatever it is ,even if that is your "humour" again, is a bit much !

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
From what I have seen of Locadia to date, Hemed is the far more reliable option. He was performing well until he got the unjust ban for over-balancing and treading on an opponents leg. (You want to know what a stamp is, take a look of the video of the swivel eyed gravity whore's assault on Andone).

Locadia has had a couple of moments but nothing yet to suggest he has the ability to be a PL starting number 9.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
You're overreaching again SB. An over-reliance on 35 year old GM who can't score a hat trick every week, is something nobody disagrees with except you've insisting Hughton "never plays anyone else" except of course when he does.

And calling out a fellow fan for being "Palace" cos you're bit irked with their pedantry or whatever it is ,even if that is your "humour" again, is a bit much !

I'm over reaching and yet you suggest posters feel Murray should be scoring a hat trick every game - You couldn't make it up.

How about 3 shots every game.
How about 1 of those at least being on target every game.

Since Dec '18 Murray has scored 4 (four) goals in 18 league appearance.

When faced with a poster who now has a history of 'going on an NSC holiday' when their statements are proven to be utter Pravda gubbins the only reference point I have for that is palace fans, who thankfully have now all but disappeared.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
I'm over reaching and yet you suggest posters feel Murray should be scoring a hat trick every game - You couldn't make it up.

I think i already said that Hughton is over- reliant on a 35 year old striker, clearly in the autumn of his career . So we are violently agreeing.
As for the Palace quip - i think that is a sort of apology. So accepted.

PoG

Oct 29, 2013
In our promotion season 6 out of 11 goals scored by Hemed were from penalties. When you look at it that way he was hardly a proficient championship scorer.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Locadia will be a key player for us next season. (If we get relegated)
This is actually 100% true. I was just chatting to an Albion mate last night - we agreed that if we go down and he stays, he'd score 30 next season. He clearly has the ability against lesser defenders, but has it all to prove in the top division (that's not to say that he won't).

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
From what I have seen of Locadia to date, Hemed is the far more reliable option. He was performing well until he got the unjust ban for over-balancing and treading on an opponents leg. (You want to know what a stamp is, take a look of the video of the swivel eyed gravity whore's assault on Andone).

Locadia has had a couple of moments but nothing yet to suggest he has the ability to be a PL starting number 9.

Purely on statistics:
Locadia
4 goals
2 assists
337mins per goal.
1349 mins played.

Hemed
5 goals
0 assists
223mins per goal.
1113 mins played.

Locadia has rarely played his minutes up front and has been in the Premier League. Not sure how you can say Hemed is a more reliable option. :shrug:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Purely on statistics:
Locadia
4 goals
2 assists
337mins per goal.
1349 mins played.

Hemed
5 goals
0 assists
223mins per goal.
1113 mins played.

Locadia has rarely played his minutes up front and has been in the Premier League. Not sure how you can say Hemed is a more reliable option. :shrug:

That's hardly a fair comparison.

Unless of course you can point to the threads where you have praised McClaren's acumen as a football manager, putting it on a par with our Chris.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
We have plenty of striking options, but I don’t think any of them have made a compelling case that they are the ones that can take us forward.

Murray – Terrific goalscorer, but you can’t ignore his age, nor the fact that his lack of pace doesn’t allow us to play any sort of pressing game, or have an out ball over the top.

Andone – The opposite of Murray, great at stretching teams by making runs down the channels (especially Palace) and has excellent movement in the box, but doesn’t have the hold up play which Chris clearly prizes so highly. Given his injury record, it would be a huge risk to build a team around him

Locadia – Seems capable of grabbing a few goals at this level, and I’ve been impressed with his hold up play when playing centre forward, but not blessed with real pace or arial ability and has been unable to get himself in the team, despite being fit most of the season

Hemed – Good at scoring headers and an honest player who I thought acquitted himself well in his few premier league games. Though he’s down the pecking order in a struggling Championship team and he was behind Murray when we were down there. It doesn’t inspire confidence that he can take us to the next level

Tau – Can we even get him in the country? He seems a highly speculative purchase

Connolly – Great scoring record at u23 level. Looking at the sort of strikers who Hughton seems to like, it’s difficult to see where we would put a small fox in the box type goalscorer. He hasn’t given players like that much game time before.

Anyway, the point I’m making is we would probably be better off with fewer “all purpose” alternatives. Someone who could do a job for us like Jiminez does for Wolves.

It also feeds into the question of what is our identity? Are we a long ball team, are we a counter attacking team, are we a possession based team? Our style seems to totally change at the moment depending on what striker we are playing

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here