Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Can we all forget about the FA Cup for a while

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Not even slightly concerned about relegation.

Our goal difference is such that we need only win one of the remaining home games and we'll be safe.

Bournemouth are terrible away. Newcastle will have nothing much to play for. Cardiff have Joe Bennett as a first teamer.

"Not even slightly concerned about relegation" - I'm not quite there, but very close to it. What I am getting quite pi$$ed off about is the number of pundits on TV and radio who keep going on, "Ah, but Brighton have a very tough run in." They seem to be completely unaware, or unable to comprehend, that we have games in hand over the teams around us, more home than away, and that four out of our five remaining home fixtures are definitely winnable (including today's). I'm not saying we will win all four; doesn't matter - two or three should see us over the line.

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
What’s the biggest FA Cup semi final defeat?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Today’s result has sapped all my enthusiasm for next weekend. That will change if Cardiff lose tomorrow and we get something at Chelsea. The Cup really is a sideshow to me but would have been a great day out for me if we hadn’t ****ed up so badly today.

I’m going but right now I’d be happy not to bother, I was really depressed watching that shit today :down:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Thank God that was an FA Cup semi warm up friendly, and had nothing riding on it.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Today’s result has sapped all my enthusiasm for next weekend. That will change if Cardiff lose tomorrow and we get something at Chelsea. The Cup really is a sideshow to me but would have been a great day out for me if we hadn’t ****ed up so badly today.

I’m going but right now I’d be happy not to bother, I was really depressed watching that shit today :down:
I was defending [MENTION=13055]Ninja Elephant[/MENTION] as he dare say 'hang on people, remember we're shite and have been for quite a while'.

Even though he was absolutely spot on, I still wasn't prepared for just how shite we were today

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
The point is, we went down in 83 and nobody seemed to care. The FA cup is nowhere near as prestigious now as it was back then. But we still have a danger of taking our eye off the ball and losing against Southampton would drag us right into the relegation mix. I’d take a total hammering at Wembley, in exchange for beating Southampton and Cardiff. The Premier League is everything in terms of keeping this club in the good times.

And so it came to be.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Not 'forget about it for a while', just forget about it, next Saturday will be the longest 90 mins of the season.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
We might as well send the U23s to Wembley. At least they deserve the chance.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Not 'forget about it for a while', just forget about it, next Saturday will be the longest 90 mins of the season.

Feck me, by about 70 minutes today I was wondering why I wasted 2 weeks holiday on today's match...

,,, and you reckon next week will be even longer. :down: double :down:

I've come home and have just noticed I now have a full Grizzly Adams beard.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Feck me, by about 70 minutes today I was wondering why I wasted 2 weeks holiday on today's match...

,,, and you reckon next week will be even longer. :down: double :down:

I've come home and have just noticed I now have a full Grizzly Adams beard.

Do a Steve Foster and don't shave it off until the end of the FA Cup run. You'll feel as smooth as a baby's bottom next Sunday morning.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
It will be interesting to see if the party/Corinthian Albion spirit holds, with 35,000 staying to clap the players?

Or

An Amex style mad dash for railway stations on 80 minutes?

I suspect the latter.

I envisage after the 6th on 55 mins it'll be an earlier than usual exodus for the bright lights of the west end.

Saunders

Oct 1, 2017
Brighton
Right so what was factually incorrect in what I said?

Either way it’s not going to be an easy game is it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I didnt say anything was factually incorrect just that statistics can be twisted to an agenda. Five draws are often reported equally as "have not lost in five games" or "have not won in five games". Well it didnt go well today.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here