Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Palace] Some Palace Fans Think The Rivalry is Over

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
So did I, which makes today even more special. My hunch is you must be Palace coz for any old school Albion this is a day of days!

I think the OP will definitely confirm that your hunch is slightly off radar.

Yep, I've known [MENTION=29192]Brighton Lines[/MENTION] for a very long time which is why I respectfully disagreed instead of calling him a **** :lolol:

Puppet Master

non sequitur
Aug 14, 2012
Third post down 'now that 80% of their fan base support Chelsea' ... :shrug::lolol:

I love the way none of this gubbins they spout requires a shred of evidence. Deluded fools.

If anything, they're the secret Chelsea fans. Only up the road from them, explains where 10,000 disappear to when they get relegated

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
How do you get on their site so you don't have to sign in?

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
If you can force yourself to leave the local village for local people......

It's not easy with the wine offers that the local store has tailor made for me. Fergal has been a few times and leaves in zig zags. Anyone who visits is best not working the next day.

Hornblower

Jul 7, 2003
Aside from the the odd bit of top defending, and two glorious strikes, I wasn't able to enjoy the game, as it means too much to me. Now I'm on cloud 9 and I'll enjoy properly when I watch it again later. Another Brighton double over Palace - something none of their living fans have ever seen them do.

This is me too.

Eeyore

NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Yep, I've known [MENTION=29192]Brighton Lines[/MENTION] for a very long time which is why I respectfully disagreed instead of calling him a **** :lolol:

Call me what you like. We've beaten Palace...

See, couple of glasses and I'm up with the run rate.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Funny how there is now no rivalry but they slag US off every opportunity they get.

Must go on to Holmesdale.net in a minute to see if their most popular thread "HATE" has changed since yesterday.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
I grew up with it but don't really feel it now. My thoughts today were on the importance of getting something from the match for survival.

When they won I was more concerned about how the others around Albion might perform than knowing we'd beaten Palace.

I think it would mean more in the cup but getting points against anyone in the league seems worthy of celebration on an equal basis these days.

That’s cause you’ve grown old! Reclaim your youth and get some fire back in your belly, we beat those infidel ******** and the world is good once again!

You’re already DEAD if you haven’t gone absolutely bat shit mental after today’s result!!! Even pensioners in Sussex are going clubbing tonight

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
They only sign when they're whining.

Eeyore

NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Who invented this 'M23 derby' thing ? That was irking me today.

It isn't the strangest rivalry either. I reckon that's Wycombe Wanderers v Colchester United.

I wonder how many other two way rivalries there are in England. Can't be more than, say, 15 ?

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
It still means the same, and the players get it, just look the post game celebrations on and off the pitch

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
Screenshot from 2019-03-09 22-03-35.png

Eeyore

NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
That’s cause you’ve grown old! Reclaim your youth and get some fire back in your belly, we beat those infidel ******** and the world is good once again!

You’re already DEAD if you haven’t gone absolutely bat shit mental after today’s result!!! Even pensioners in Sussex are going clubbing tonight

Too fecking right. I'm currently sinking a few glasses and looking at past glories on YouTube. I'm reaching a milestone in age this year and don't want to become too much of a dullard.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Who invented this 'M23 derby' thing ? That was irking me today.

It isn't the strangest rivalry either. I reckon that's Wycombe Wanderers v Colchester United.

I wonder how many other two way rivalries there are in England. Can't be more than, say, 15 ?

Pundits like Gary Linekar promoted the term last season, because their lack of football knowledge outside the PL holds no bounds and they just picked up ignorant sound bites and went with them when we played Palace for the first time in the top flight since the early 80s. Oh, and it’s the A23 if anything Gary. Prick. But he’s only one of many ‘experts’ who’ve only just heard about our rivalry. Finally the media seem to be catching up with both sets of supporters.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here