Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Alireza Jahanbakhsh joins Feyenoord

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I will gladly be that Smartass :)

I’ll be here bouncing this thread too :thumbsup:

I back my judgement over 40 odd years, not always right by any means but I can see plenty of potential in AJ. Game time, confidence and a run in a team that wants to attack. If he can’t thrive in that environment I’ll join in writing him off along with those who have only seen him in the most negative team in living memory. Yet can write him off as shitehouse. We’ll see who gets bounced.

And to stick my neck 100% on the line, the same applies to Locadia

Last edited:

Kman

Mar 30, 2019

I back my judgement over 40 odd years, not always right by any means but I can see plenty of potential in AJ. Game time, confidence and a run in a team that wants to attack. If he can’t thrive in that environment I’ll join in writing him off along with those who have only seen him in the most negative team in living memory. Yet can write him off as shitehouse. We’ll see who gets bounced.

Completely agree. It's very easy to label a player as Shitehouse while coming off a World Cup with injuries and Midseason international duty.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Completely agree. It's very easy to label a player as Shitehouse while coming off a World Cup with injuries and Midseason international duty.

Playing in a team who play like their heads will explode if they cross the half way line

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton

This.

Potter has been brought in to make these players tick. I am confident he will.

TottonSeagull

Mar 5, 2011
Totton (Nr Southampton)

If we are relying on AJ and Locardia we will be going down. Unfortunately both are utter shithouse!

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Locadia as a number 9, Jahanbakhsh as the right winger, successful Brighton team. I will be happy to quote anybody who disagrees. :thumbsup:
Nah

Big Jurg inside left.
And one up top.
Ali inside left.

Bernie Inn the wing back role
Probably another on t'other side.

And we'll be plotting our first European campaign in 12 months time.

I will quite happily...

...deny all knowledge of this post, next season, if anyone disagrees.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I can hear the engines revving, already.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Andone, Jahanbakhsh, Propper, Gross and Locadia (and Montoya defensively) will get their chance under a coach with a different approach to consistently perform at PL level. They’ll be measured by goals, assists and creating big chances.

Under the law of averages, some will cut it, some others will be on their way out this time next year.

Interesting times ahead.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
True. It seems like he was great in training but couldn't carry it over to the games so...

He looked very good against Huddersfield at home, one of our best performers. I suspect he’d been given the same license to attack that he’d had when playing in Holland.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Get rid while his stock in Holland is still high. Another season like the last and the price goes down by £6-£7 mill.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Get rid while his stock in Holland is still high. Another season like the last and the price goes down by £6-£7 mill.

A season like his last one in Holland and he's a £100m footballer!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here