Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Quirky stadiums

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Cool thread.
Eriskay, a stadium of rocks.

_106359038_andrewbulloch.jpg
Interesting as that ground is, it's not a stadium is it.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Been there several times, must admit I don't recall a hedge.

I do remember turning up one afternoon and getting an absolute SOAKING in the away end, it pissed down for the whole game. I also recall being utterly agog at the size of Peter Brezovan, who could touch the crossbar without even jumping. It was his Albion debut, I think he saved a pen that day as well.

Struggling to remember when it was, but fair to say it was a long time back. I think they only had 3 sides of the ground, at the time, as they were tearing down the stand to our right as we looked. Don't have a strong recollection of the day, but I distinctly remember seeing the ball sail over my head at into the hedge at the back of the terrace.

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean
I was just looking at stadiums, I'm a bit of a train spotter with stadia, love them quirky. There is one where one side is basically a mountain/cliff edge. A Scottish pro side is literally on the beach. And another where a railway runs underneath it I believe.

Arbroath

arbroath.jpg

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Google says that (was) in Olympiapark, Munich.

If we're posting random finds from the internet:

p2y8jf3pq1c11.jpg

Could be, I picked it up from a Sheffield forum, although not random, I've seen it many times online before.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Struggling to remember when it was, but fair to say it was a long time back. I think they only had 3 sides of the ground, at the time, as they were tearing down the stand to our right as we looked. Don't have a strong recollection of the day, but I distinctly remember seeing the ball sail over my head at into the hedge at the back of the terrace.

Definitely was a hedge at Exeter, probably through to the 70s.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here