Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Matt Clarke- Portsmouth defender **SIGNED and LOANED to DERBY**

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
There’s no new reporting in that article . Confirms an interest in Bogle and Clarke but that has been reported elsewhere. (Argus, local press) but No bids have gone in. And not clear how advanced the interest is. Stresses that Albion want to keep Dunk and Duffy this summer.I think that goes without saying.

Has a stab at what the squad gaps are which is new but also obvious so unsure if sourced or educated guess.

- striker, #10, winger, right back, centre back.

Yes, that's the same as I read.

forumwayseagull

Oct 22, 2005
Rochester kent

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
We haven't even made a bid yet.

https://www.theargus.co.uk/sport/17675210.pompey-still-waiting-for-albion-to-make-move/

All starting to seem like he was lined up as a replacement for Dunk, but not needed now as we've persuaded Lewis to stay ? ???

He's presumably giving Potter more options at the back if we wants to switch to a back three so an extra CB in the squad.
But Dunk and Duffy. Never say never. But Albion have been pretty clear that they don't sell their best players.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
You’re not aware of the seagull wedgee transfer window NSC usage are you?

1) Claim to have great sources

The usual NSC MO
- outlets who do reporting and have sources who might actually have an idea whats happening and talk to em on a daily basis - don't trust em. or club are just feeding them lies.
- twitter accounts with 50 followers or no track record - ALL IN. Messi is on his way. - weeks after they've been discredited.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
You’re not aware of the seagull wedgee transfer window NSC usage are you?

1) Claim to have great sources
2) Post stuff as fact based on something from twitter as the probability is it will happen and you have a chance of looking ‘in the know’
3) If it doesn’t happen (which is usually), hope nobody remembers the post or dig it up
4) If it does happen (which is still plausible as with this one, based on another players mum tweeting) claim you told the whole of NSC (we are waiting for this to actually happen ever though - as he’s never even guessed right yet) If Clarke signs in a week he’ll be claiming he told us first and it was done 8/9 days earlier...
5) If you get called out and made a show of for posting bullshit, scramble desperately to try and get some sort of credibility back - wasn’t it Tau going the other way in a deal we were doing last window or something [MENTION=267]TSB[/MENTION]?
6) Rudely and arrogantly ignore anyone who asks questions / calls him out on his bullshit - including the other day when he announced TB was suing kick it out or something like that - which seemed to be bollocks after a BBC article issued their apology...

Guess guess guess - what a tit to mis inform fellow fans constantly for ones own online ego - wanting to be ‘ITK’ :lol:

Sorry but all true.

You missed something out - ''He is a Multi Millionaire'' Allegedly !

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
Just spoke to a Pompey supporting mate. He reckons that Clarke is the best player they’ve had in decades. Complete defender - good on the ball, in the air, great positioning, good tackler and only 22. Player of the season twice already and PFA. Sounds like a great prospect.

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
Just spoke to a Pompey supporting mate. He reckons that Clarke is the best player they’ve had in decades. Complete defender - good on the ball, in the air, great positioning, good tackler and only 22. Player of the season twice already and PFA. Sounds like a great prospect.

Better than Sol Campbell?

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
Maybe, maybe not.

It might mean we are holding out for someone else to have a bid accepted, then match it.

By not bidding first we avoid a bidding war.

Hmmm... sounds like you are describing a bidding war!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Need a left footer with an ability to pass on the left side of the back 3:

Balogun-Dunk-Clarke

Fits the bill.

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016
Hmmm... sounds like you are describing a bidding war!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not at all, once a bid has been accepted, the players agent can legitimately demand any matching bid must also be accepted.

If we deny interest, and hold off making a bid, knowing the player wants to join us, we can wait for another team to bid an accepted fee. We then match that bid at the last minute, without pushing the price higher.

Something Chelsea did to Tottenham when they bought Willian.

Thats the opposite of a bidding war.

Shins

Aug 13, 2015
Need a left footer with an ability to pass on the left side of the back 3:

Balogun-Dunk-Clarke

Fits the bill.

Not sure Balogun is the answer. Handy player to have around but not starting every week.

Potter only played with a back 3 on 5 occasions last year anyway so we may not see that formation very often. If he were to use it I wouldn't mind seeing us target Liam Moore again. He's reasonably quick and has played a fair few games at right back so used to be dragged out wide if he played on the right of a 3. Good with the ball too.

I wouldn't mind seeing Moore, Dunk, Bernardo in a 3 with Solly left wing back and a new right back to compete with Montoya..... If we played that way.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Matt Clarke- Portsmouth defender rumour

Not sure Balogun is the answer. Handy player to have around but not starting every week.

His full back experience is useful though.

He has played right back 74 times in his career. His best spell in this position was 14/15 in the German 2nd tier where he scored 4 goals.

Potter only played with a back 3 on 5 occasions last year anyway so we may not see that formation very often.

Potter was committed to a back 3 for years at Östersunds.

Swans fans have been on this board to explain that he did not have the quality of players to use this system last season. I really believe our formation will be similar to Wolves for most of next season as TB will provide the funds to get the right players in.

If he were to use it I wouldn't mind seeing us target Liam Moore again. He's reasonably quick and has played a fair few games at right back so used to be dragged out wide if he played on the right of a 3. Good with the ball too.

Good shout.

I wouldn't mind seeing Moore, Dunk, Bernardo in a 3 with Solly left wing back and a new right back to compete with Montoya..... If we played that way.

I’d prefer Solly at right wing back as I think Bernardo is suited to the left. However, you could also argue that Suttner and Schelotto are the best wing backs at the club.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here