Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Daniel James

BrickTamland

Mar 2, 2010
Brighton
I’d imagine his tragic circumstances might make him feel too much change is a negative, and sticking with Potter could be positive for him personally/mentally. Feel for the kid though, horrible thing to happen when this year could be his big break

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
If UTD want him he will go, our only real option is a loan if they feel a season of game time with us would be good for him.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Hmm, seems to be tweeting a rumour involving many different clubs and players in quick succession. Has he got any sort of track record?

its a typical twitter transfer rumour account from this time of year guessing and recycling info from other (mostly unreliable) sources in hope of getting a bite.
However small - they always do...

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
/\ /\ /\ /\

My client will only join, if he is assured he will get plenty of first team game time.

We can't offer any firm assurances. What did you have in mind?

It's a really important stage of his development. He can't be spending weeks sat on the bench, or out of the squad.

How does £70k a week sound?

Where do I sign?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
its a typical twitter transfer rumour account from this time of year guessing and recycling info from other (mostly unreliable) sources in hope of getting a bite.
However small - they always do...

My thoughts too, file under bullshit

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
If money was not involved then we would be a much better choice, guarenteed game time and working wiht a boss he already knows. Unfortunately this will be dictated by money and so we stand no chance.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
A Utd purchase with 6 to 12 month loan back to Swansea whilst he is in first stages of grief, I can't see a move away is going to be good for him right now.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
A Utd purchase with 6 to 12 month loan back to Swansea whilst he is in first stages of grief, I can't see a move away is going to be good for him right now.

We could offer that option too...

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
We could offer that option too...

We need a winger to replace Jose, out till Jan. If his father had not died, I would have thought a Utd. purchase with a 6 month loan to us would have worked well for all concerned.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Would be quite funny, having seen all the #TeamsLikeBrighton posts from Man U fans complaining they are signing a) someone from Swansea and b) competing with little old Albion for a player.

But how would they feel if DJ came here, not there? Not bothered because of the initial reactions, or pished off because actually he could be quite good?

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
How can you guarantee playing time to someone who may not cut it in the Prem

Who knows what get put into the small print of contracts these days.

In principle you are correct, but I'm sure this gets discussed, at least to give the player an idea of where he is in the pecking order at a club. IF we are saying "yes, we expect you to be in the 1st Team squad from from the start of the season, training with the 1st team etc" whereas Man Utd are saying he'll be part of their Development Squad but will get opportunities in League Cup, FA Cup, Europa League. Then that fits with playing opportunities being limited at Man Utd compared to us, all reasonable to say, and with no guarantees. Turn out to be gubbins, and you're watching from the stands ..... but even then, you;d imagine we would give more chances to a £15m signing, to find a way to get our moneys worth out of him, compared to £15m signing turnoing up at Man Utd, where that's no money at all.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Would be quite funny, having seen all the #TeamsLikeBrighton posts from Man U fans complaining they are signing a) someone from Swansea and b) competing with little old Albion for a player.

But how would they feel if DJ came here, not there? Not bothered because of the initial reactions, or pished off because actually he could be quite good?

I'd be delighted if we signed him, as he looks like exactly the sort of player we should be in for if we think we should be moving up this division, and playing better football. The way he runs with the ball is quite extraordinary at times. Obviously, I;m not saying he's THIS good, but players who have electric pace, and still possess it when running with the ball, are pretty rare; Michael Owen and Ryan Giggs spring to mind.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here