Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Andrea Leadsom getting busy with the disinformation. She's the Leader of the House of Commons remember

[tweet]1115523797774479361[/tweet]

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Comparing her to Mark Francois (HB&B of Parliament) is a bit of a low blow. He is by far the dullest and most ignorant man in the House of Commons. That said, she only had one argument which is fast becoming unravelled.

Well yes, that was kinda the point. :)

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
It appears talks between the Tories and Labour are going nowhere but neither party wants to take the blame for having walked away.

Today Mr Barniey has said an extension to the exit date can only be agreed if their is a reason to grant one.

Also today's announcement that the Chancelor and shadow Chancelor are to join the talks I wonder if this will prove to be the intervention that paves a way out for both parties to find a way out agree to a slight modification to the current deal on the table with the proviso that it's put to the people in a conformatery vote using this as the reason required by the EU for an extension.

Both Tory and Labour can then claim it's the fault of the EU

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
Rees Mogg needs to be slapped down

[tweet]1115523749548363776[/tweet]

Theses thinly veiled threats towards to the PM and our biggest trading partners are a disgrace. Shame the Cabinet have totally lost control of their backbenchers/are in cahoots with them.
You must remember that these are the true democrats. We are simply the weasel loons.

As we can be sure JCPasta will remind us again soon.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
She is stuck in the leavers denial. Worst of all she thinks every other leaver is too, all want No Deal "every single brexit voter is saying no deal". She telling him, "you need to stand firm", he telling her "you need to be honest"

My favourite thing about that comment is she's literally stood next to a Brexit voter who is saying the exact opposite.

Lever

Feb 6, 2019
I always find it funny that no matter how much the parody account tries to outdo Ppf, you always have to double check the name of the poster to be absolutely sure :lolol:

Yes I agree,
Apart from 'Hughton's angry antics' on another thread, the ppf parody is one of the funniest contributions on this site. It really makes me smile!

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
When do they announce the candidates for the European Parliamentary elections on 23rd May 2019?

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
A couple of days ago, I posted about my French friend in Shoreham having problems registering for settled status, despite being told how easy peasy it was.

The head of Ofsted, a professor, is Belgian, been here for 20 years, and worked in Southampton, Manchester, Newcastle and Warwick Universities.
He has been rejected.

This country and especially the Home Office is a sodding disgrace.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/education-47853438

Ratso2005

Dec 4, 2004
I mostly just browse this thread, but I just wanted to say that I miss the 'on our way' bloke who decided to leave unilaterally on the 29th.

I very much hope that he is enjoying his (presumably) blue passport and mobile roaming charges wherever he is.

Though I did want to ask him why, if he was able to leave the EU at any time, did he choose to wait until the 29th March. Was it a Roger Rabbit thing ("Only when it was funny")?

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
So, with No Deal now looking unlikely at the bookies (see Paddy Power's odds), what do we all think will happen between now and Friday?

Answers on a postcard.

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
A couple of days ago, I posted about my French friend in Shoreham having problems registering for settled status, despite being told how easy peasy it was.

The head of Ofsted, a professor, is Belgian, been here for 20 years, and worked in Southampton, Manchester, Newcastle and Warwick Universities.
He has been rejected.

This country and especially the Home Office is a sodding disgrace.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/education-47853438

If that clown couldn't fill in his application properly he shouldn't be anywhere near education anyway.

Lever

Feb 6, 2019
I mostly just browse this thread, but I just wanted to say that I miss the 'on our way' bloke who decided to leave unilaterally on the 29th.

I very much hope that he is enjoying his (presumably) blue passport and mobile roaming charges wherever he is.

Though I did want to ask him why, if he was able to leave the EU at any time, did he choose to wait until the 29th March. Was it a Roger Rabbit thing ("Only when it was funny")?

Baker Lite?

When he said we are 'on our way', he set off immediately on March 29th to his destination and still has not realised that the rest of us aren't accompanying him!

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Ah, so we've already left the EU, have we? Wow, that went a lot smoother than I thought it was going to. But you'd think it would be bigger news?

You are so incredibly stupid.Where does it say anything about us having left?I have finally found someone even dumber than Watford zero answers!

Ratso2005

Dec 4, 2004
Baker Lite?

When he said we are 'on our way', he set off immediately on March 29th to his destination and still has not realised that the rest of us aren't accompanying him!

Can't decide if that's wonderfully inspirational or terribly sad.

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Baker Lite?

You would need your nanny to accompany you.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here