Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Watford vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
We wouldnt be where we are today without Chris but initial indications were it was the right time for a change. Why can't we be happy with both managers?
Exactly. Springal wants to have a go at those who are still against Potter being here (probably a list of 1) which is fine, but IMO it read more as having a go at Chris.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Most unexpected result of the day (so far). BUT you won't hear anyone on MOTD say that

I don’t think they can avoid it. I’m Diying, had various feeds on, HT round up on Talkshite, and everyone waxing lyrical about us. Would be shocked if we weren’t heavily featured given even our most optimistic fans wouldn’t have expected that.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Actually , I only tagged [MENTION=267]TSB[/MENTION] who all season has been saying sacking Hughton will be a disaster. Potter achieved more already so **** off and enjoy your evening. I know I will! [emoji106]
What are you blethering about now? You replied to my post saying, "Chill out mate. Chris isn’t going to shag you". As I said, a totally naff reply, nothing to do with TSB, and what tag - none showing in your post (except this current one to which I'm replying) or mine.
On second thoughts, don't bother; I'm not really interested, and probably won't bother reading it any way.

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
Is it me, or did Final Score's analysis of our game just now involve only an interview with Maupay, followed by complimenting him for Andone's goal...:facepalm:

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
I'm not against the gist of your post, but we brought them both on when we were 1 up.

Right, I’m sanding a floor today, I was in and out, most of first half on radio, 2nd on a feed, I thought Maupay came on after, didn’t realise it was a double substitution of 2 forwards AND they both scored - that’s even more insane than I first thought!!!

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013
Phil Thompson talking about our team performance, goals and fans sounded as excited as we all are. Great to hear.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
What are you blethering about now? You replied to my post saying, "Chill out mate. Chris isn’t going to shag you". As I said, a totally naff reply, nothing to do with TSB, and what tag - none showing in your post (except this current one to which I'm replying) or mine.
On second thoughts, don't bother; I'm not really interested, and probably won't bother reading it any way.
[MENTION=267]TSB[/MENTION] has been saying all summer that Hughton shouldn’t be sacked. My view as a fan away at Watford last season , and today was that we finally gave it a go and got a result. In terms of goals scored, conceded and points. More than Hughton managed in 2 seasons.

As you are digging me out, presumably you went today so what is your view ?

Munchkin

Jul 12, 2005
Littlehampton
1-0 up.

2 positive substitutions, go on and win the game 3-0.

Would NEVER have happened under Houghton.

Already in love with Potterball.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I didn’t say respect though. :shrug:
You're right, I was confusing you with another poster.

You were saying it was good management to keep the same side to keep team spirit. I disagreed that you can't have a single change. And yes, we didn't score (og not inc.) until we brought on a new player.

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
Come on someone start the player ratings!

This is the thirds year in a row I've been able to watch almost every game on TV here in Turkey and most of the time my brother in law has been pretty unimpressed. Today he couldn't believe it was the same team! He still keeps shaking his head.... halfway converted ! :)

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
Yes. Because all summer we’ve had fans telling us sacking Hughton was a mistake. Both PL seasons we’ve been at Watford away in August. Scored 0, Loss 0:

Potter new approach has meant not only have we scored 3, but also won.

One game at a time and all that, but today we just need to not only celebrate that we won on the opening day and away from home, but also that we are playing a much more entertaining style of football that also works.
Maupay scores as well as Andone and we were worried about Glenn getting too old
I couldn't give 2 shits how poor Watford were, every team wants to win the first match.
It's going to be very interesting how we play against the top 6, will Potter be as stubborn in his approach as CH was in his.
I hope so.

Jolly Red Giant

Jul 11, 2015
I'm curious, are you just hanging about on here waiting for if/when something goes badly wrong so you can pass judgement on sacking the man you love so much?

90% of albion fans are not disrespecting CH, in fact we also love him for what he has done for us.

There is no need to continue to bleat on about how bad you think Watford were, most of us know it.

Having said that we are adapting extremely well to a new system and took them to task.

I am delighted Brighton won the game - and all Brighton fans should have a few scoops tonight - but let's have a sense of realism - its one game and Watford were brutal.

Watford were a shambles at the back for the OG - a Watford defender gave the ball away, the Watford players were slow to react, Stephens over-hit the cross which should have been knocked out of play when a Watford defender headed it back to Gross - whose cross was going out through the penalty area before being bundled into the Watford goal by the defender. For the second goal Watford should have cleared their lines but the defender headed the ball straight to Montoya, and three defenders backed away from Propper allowing him to cross the ball. Andone made a run to the near post and no Watford defender went with him. For the third goal Dunk was allowed to waltz into midfield and nobody went near him, there was a gap the size of the grand canyon through the Watford defence that Dunk put the pass through and Maupay didn't have anyone within 20 yards of him - Maupay took the goal very well, but Dunk should never have been allowed play that ball.

Brighton deserved to win this game - but the 3 goals were complements of very poor Watford defending more than anything else and Watford were very poor. And on another day, that penalty claim could have gone the other way - a successful penalty would have changed the entire dynamic of the game - Watford were putting Brighton under a lot of pressure at the time.

SweatyMexican

Mar 31, 2013
Well I booed at full time obviously.

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann

bg5c4yjciaaw2ig.jpg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here