Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Watching matches overseas... Advice needed

father_and_son

Jan 23, 2012
Under the Police Box
So.. my better half and step daughter are off for some bonding experience in NYC as part of daughter's birthday present, so _and_Son and I thought we might head of to watch a game somewhere.

I would like a BHAFC connection but far from essential and thought Germany as an option.
Going to be the week before Christmas and haven't looked at fixture lists yet but...

Have any of you experience of watching foreign teams?

Can anyone recommend a club/match where we are likely to be able to get tickets?

How do you go about getting tickets for another club?

Market Porter

Or The Globe
Feb 14, 2008
South Walk
Hertha Berlin, great city and the Ost Kurve for company at the Olympic Stadium.

HBIMG_1234.JPG

Cloggie

Feb 21, 2012
Have a look at the Ruhr region. Stay in Dusseldorf or Cologne and you have the option to get to loads of different teams.
From either of those cities sides like Schalke, Dortmund, Leverkussen, Monchengladbach plus numerous sides in Bundesliga 2 and even 3 Liga can easily be reached, with public transport often included in the tickets price. With some decent planning and fixtures falling well you should easily be able to get 2 or 3 games.
Tickets are normally pretty easy to get hold off from club websites although not so to see Dortmund which is pretty well always sold out and tickets cost a fortune on the open market.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Have a look at the Ruhr region. Stay in Dusseldorf or Cologne and you have the option to get to loads of different teams.
From either of those cities sides like Schalke, Dortmund, Leverkussen, Monchengladbach plus numerous sides in Bundesliga 2 and even 3 Liga can easily be reached, with public transport often included in the tickets price. With some decent planning and fixtures falling well you should easily be able to get 2 or 3 games.
Tickets are normally pretty easy to get hold off from club websites although not so to see Dortmund which is pretty well always sold out and tickets cost a fortune on the open market.

Good advice!

madinthehead

I have changed this
Jan 22, 2009
Oberursel, Germany
I enjoy going to Eintracht Frankfurt, big crowds (around 50k) singing throughout.. try to get tickets behind the standing area. Dont forget they have winter break.. Check before you go.. I think this year the weekend before Xmas is the last football for 3 weeks

patchamalbion

Feb 26, 2009
brighton

100% this.

i've done this numerous times and we're going in a few weeks to see Monchengladback, Viktoria Koln & Osnabruck. It really is a football HOTBED!

LANGDON SEAGULL

Dec 9, 2004
Langdon Hills

Agree with this - saw both Bochum and Düsseldorf when I stayed in the area. Email the club and tell them your travelling from the UK - they are usually accommodating. For example I got tickets to both Ferencvaros and Rapid Vienna on my recent summer break

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Also. 2nd and 3rd division games are generally scheduled around the top flight. A quick look at this Saturday shows 2nd division games staggered from 18:30 on Friday, 1pm on Saturday, 13:30 and 20:30 on Sunday. If fixtures fall favourably you could watch live football almost non-stop from Friday tea-time until Sunday night.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here