Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Women , your kids and Nerds

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
To be honest I'm far more with concerned with what's happening on the pitch at the Amex than who is making up the crowds there.

boik

Thanks for your reply , is it something that people are happy with in the long term though ,I speak to quite a few people who are disillusioned with the over all match day experience some who have given up on their season tickets
regards
DR

Could I dare to suggest that is because you're speaking to a limited cross-section of the fan base. Sounds like you want to close the borders to being an Albion support. Keep anyone who isn't up for a fight out.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
heard from a reliable source on friday that the Amex is being taken over by three different group types, Oh well good bye to partisan Support at the club then ,is This Paul Barbers mission statement ?
Regards
DR

I keep forgetting, is this the parody account or the real one?

father_and_son

Jan 23, 2012
Under the Police Box
At nearly the wrong side of 50, I grew up standing on terraces watching matches, first with my father and brother and by the time I reached my early teens, my mates from school.

By the time I was in my late teens and all through my twenties, football had turned into a f*cked up mess. I worked in a pub in Sheffield (where I lived for about 5 years at the beginning of the 90s). It was well known as a Blades pub. Almost their primary watering hole in the city centre. Every weekend, the knuckleheads trashed THEIR OWN pub. Win, lose or draw, they'd turn up and smash up the pub. Occasionally we'd have a window put in by a passing Owl or away fan but usually it would be the BBC.
Skip forward 10 years and I'm a dad who's son wants to go to matches. Thankfully, Mr Barber and his boss have created an environment where this is a place largely devoid of the sort of scum I had to deal with weekend after weekend.
5 seasons in the SWC and we moved to the North, specifically because he wants to make a noise, stand and demonstrate a passionate support of his club. Thanks to Mr Barber, I was able to take a young boy to a safe environment while still developing the sort of passionate support that takes us to Birmingham on a damp saturday to watch a pre-season friendly, that makes him go with his mates to Crawley on a friday night, taking his shoes off because he hates Palace, while watching what amounts to a youth team match.
And, we were there on friday night, leading the chanting as usual.

TLDR; Thanks Mr Barber for creating somewhere I can come with my son, enjoy the game, share a passion but more specifically, enjoy time with a teenager who would otherwise just be in his room, ignoring me, like most kids his age.

OP: Don't like, don't go. Oh, wait, you don't. Don't go, stfu about it.

Gregory2Smith1

J'les aurai!
Sep 21, 2011
Auch
I did make this observation to a mate at the game

he said it was because it was a friendly
therefore parents could/afford to take their kids along

I thought the North gave it good go at creating an atomsphere TBF

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
some fans are being alienated , unemployed, people on low wages and 20 somethings, all not needed in Barbers constructive disection of the clubs support :wink:
regards
DR

And pathetic, old, nazi supporting, racist, anti semitic, homophobes on benefits

I bet Barber isn't targeting them at all, it's just so unfair. Maybe you should write to Points of View :lolol:

Last edited:

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
heard from a reliable source on friday that the Amex is being taken over by three different group types, Oh well good bye to partisan Support at the club then ,is This Paul Barbers mission statement ?
Regards
DR

What do you want?

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
There are many people, myself included, who have either given up or question modern football at the top level (Football has eaten itself and all that). Most I come across site the ridiculous player wages and the gulf this has created between player and fan, Sky / TV in general's influence etc. Some preferred the atmospheres where there was usually at least a faint whiff of violence in the air, I probably did when I was 15 too. On the whole I prefer it now,although I could do with less 'fan zone' rubbish and more room for chanting in the build up to k/o. I may well end up going to Lewes or Worthing instead one day, but for now the positives outweigh the negatives.....just.

Spot on. It is not the removal of more sinister elements that is ruining football.

Klaas

I've changed this
Nov 1, 2017

herecomesaregular

We're in the pipe, 5 by 5
Oct 27, 2008
Still in Brighton
Christ, haven't we done this enough to death by now???

Go to more away games Fairy and you'll soon come across plenty of the p-ed up knobheads and behvaiour that you miss from the old Goldstone days.

Yes, the crowd is different nowadays with plenty of JCLs and fair weather fans who will soon drift away when/if we go down.

It wouldn't bother me AT ALL if we got relegated in terms of the football (and I would like to pay less to watch it) if the club could remain financially sound if it did. In fact, if I could choose Premier League vs Championship with cheaper tickets, less crowd and easier to sit with friends then I would. But you only have to look at Bolton to see modern football isn't like that. Modern football is only sustainable if you stay in the Premier League, that's the deal with the devil now, like it or not.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Christ, haven't we done this enough to death by now???

Go to more away games Fairy and you'll soon come across plenty of the p-ed up knobheads and behvaiour that you miss from the old Goldstone days.

Yes, the crowd is different nowadays with plenty of JCLs and fair weather fans who will soon drift away when/if we go down.

It wouldn't bother me AT ALL if we got relegated in terms of the football (and I would like to pay less to watch it) if the club could remain financially sound if it did. In fact, if I could choose Premier League vs Championship with cheaper tickets, less crowd and easier to sit with friends then I would. But you only have to look at Bolton to see modern football isn't like that. Modern football is only sustainable if you stay in the Premier League, that's the deal with the devil now, like it or not.

Not sure you'd get that. ST prices would freeze, but not go down, and you'd be paying up to £45 for an away ticket to places like Leeds, free from the PL £30 away ticket cap.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here