Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Music] Musicians/artists you’ve seen in multiple different guises.

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
Slight but valid variation. Seeing the same band, but with numerous different people in it.

For example, I've seen The Blue Aeroplanes three times, which probably adds up to at least 30 different members alone, given that there have been 89 people in the band altogether according to Wikipedia.

Though oddly a mere six guitarists in this incarnation…

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NkkRt2m2bxc

Last edited:

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Brighton's own born and bred

Steve-Ferrone.png

Seen him 3 times

Early 70's in some band in the original Cliftonville by Hove station,
The Average White Band
Eric Clapton

I missed him famously playing the Superbowl in his seagulls hat

And also missed him playing with (amongst numerous others) George Harrison, Duran Duran, Stevie Nicks, Laura Pausini, Christine McVie, Slash, Chaka Khan, Bee Gees, Scritti Politti, Aerosmith, Al Jarreau and Johnny Cash.

Last edited:

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Adam Sedgwick in King Leviathan in the past, and last night with his new band Tribe of Ghosts, both outstanding.

Apr 1, 2007
Saltdean
Fad Gadget....Supporting Depeche Mode and headlining at the Highbury Garage

Frank Tovey...Headlining at the Town & Country Club supported by Erasure

Frank Tovey and the Pyros....At the Mean Fiddler

Would have loved the 4timer with Boyd Rice at London's Institute for Contemporary Arts, & The Silicon Teens weren't a 'real' band so 3/4

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
I've seen Speedo three times with Rocket From The Crypt, Night Marchers and (sensationally, and on multiple occasions) with Hot Snakes. I've, unfortunately, never seen Drive Like Jehu, but I have seen Hot Snakes perform their finest song, Luau.

Jazz is so fertile for this thread, so ...
I've now seen Peter Brotzmann four times, each time in different outfits including the tentet, which was simply ear-splittingly delicious. He's playing four nights at Cafe Oto in September, also with multiple musicians, and I shall be going along to that to make it five. Any others from NSC?
I've seen Seb Rochford with Polar Bear, Sons of Kemet, Acoustic Ladyland, Laura Jurd's Dinosaur, and he should be touring with Pulled by Magnets soon too, so that'll be another five.
Mats Gustafsson: with the Brotzmann tentet, Fire Orchestra, but unfortunately not yet with The Thing, The Cherry Thing and The Ex.
Shabaka Hutchings: with Sons of Kemet, Melt Yourself Down, guest appearance with Polar Bear, and with The Comet is Coming. Still need to see him with The Ancestors, but suspect the chance might crop up, alongside other projects too.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Slight but valid variation. Seeing the same band, but with numerous different people in it.

For example, I've seen The Blue Aeroplanes three times, which probably adds up to at least 30 different members alone, given that there have been 89 people in the band altogether according to Wikipedia.

Though oddly a mere six guitarists in this incarnation…

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NkkRt2m2bxc

Good shout. Which reminds me I have seen Metallica with 4 different line ups. And then there’s The Fall.

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
Brighton's own born and bred

View attachment 110666

Seen him 3 times

Early 70's in some band in the original Cliftonville by Hove station,
The Average White Band
Eric Clapton

I missed him famously playing the Superbowl in his seagulls hat

And also missed him playing with (amongst numerous others) George Harrison, Duran Duran, Stevie Nicks, Laura Pausini, Christine McVie, Slash, Chaka Khan, Bee Gees, Scritti Politti, Aerosmith, Al Jarreau and Johnny Cash.

Great post - who is he?

FlowersBrighton

Mar 24, 2012
Not sure if this is the right thread but I’ve a couple of tickets that I need to move on for Nick Cave in Conversation at the Dome for June 29th. Living in Cornwall now and disappointingly just can’t get up that night. Any interest?

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Not sure if this is the right thread but I’ve a couple of tickets that I need to move on for Nick Cave in Conversation at the Dome for June 29th. Living in Cornwall now and disappointingly just can’t get up that night. Any interest?

You might want to try the Live Music thread. For some reason, we paid the ridiculous face value cost to hear him answer a few questions, so I can't help.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here