Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Saturday - bad vibes in the family area

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
According to the live poll, over 80% of Albion fans are not okay with it.

I wouldn't pay too much attention to that, it's hardly Mori standard! Anyway, it's all rather pathetic in the cold light of day, there was absolutely no need for in these circumstances and our geordie friends were simply unfortunate to meet such scum. 8 out of 10 cat's agree :)

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Makes me think how much I could 'lose my sense of humour' if there are Man City fans in the home end celebrating while we are going down.

Must make a special effort to be chilled out, I suppose.

That would be totally different to this situation though. Beside's it doesn't look likely now. Amazingly!

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Your posts usually make me not bother posting as you reflect my opinions, but I disagree here.

Firstly, he/they were not in the Family Section, they were at the opposite end of the lower east next to the away fans. Should also be noted that tensions were bound to be high in this particular game.

Second, we only have half a story. Does the op know for sure that one of them hadnt been winding up said albion fan prior to this? Considering we were a goal down for most of the match this wouldn't seem outside the realms of possibility.

Third, it goes without saying that this bloke acted like a prize tosser and in no way am I condoning his actions.

However, I don't agree that people should just be ok with sitting next to opposition fans. Personally speaking, and I have done it many times, it takes something away from the occasion. I am not one to take offence or bother with this kind of nonsense, but I know some otherwise good people who would, and have done so in the past. Not to the extent this bloke did, but certainly words have been exchanged which have often resulted in confrontations. It's the very reason it's written in the terms that home stands are barred from away supporters. I still travel home and away and I agree that conversations with opposition fans en route, before and after the game are more interesting than the same old debates with fellow fans, but when at the match celebrating in whatever juvenile way I happen to at the time feels slightly awkward with someone next to me who is hurting whilst I'm elated. Conversely, It's hard not to feel resentment if you're getting beat and I'm almost certain the majority of people would prefer to be sitting around people who are sharing the same emotions.

After the game it's done, and just a minute or two of reflection is enough to be in a state of mind again to remember that there is life outside of football. I think that is more the norm to be honest and the tribal escapism is the reason the sport is more passionately contested than any other.

I wouldn't put too much on the fact we've not heard Mr Angry's side of the story. We all know these types, we've all met them or witnessed their behaviour. Totally unreasonable. Aggressive and disproportionate. Dare I say, they're also a bit thick. Very soon, their skin will go lobster pink and their scalps very shiny as they sing hilarious chants about other supporters being on the dole, terrorists etc. Anyway, they're just knobheads, excusing their behaviour because they're seemingly the right side of 'the law' in the home stand and paid their money. Besides, this isn't an Old Bailey trial. We know there are a fair number of twats in our support, usually middle aged, on drugs or too many beers for the day and they can be complete ********s at away games etc. Which is a delicious irony here.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Put it down to the OP experiencing the bad side of sitting with the opposition. It happens.

Obviously hugely different but I have been offered seats in corporate at Selhurst a few times now through my Step Brother and I wouldn’t dream of going. The rivalry is obviously friendly between my SB and I but sitting with Palace, family or not is the last place I would want to be at a derby match, for many obvious reasons.

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
And another one here speaking for us all.

This is the third time now on this thread I have repeated myself, I haven't watched the Albion away in with the home fans.

I'm feeling left out now.......:down:

Sorry. My bad. Should have said, many of us have done it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here