Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Much like the merry-go-round that is Mat trying to get her deal through for what, the 3rd time now?

Remember the referendum was advisory. Make it the actual will of the people and see how it goes then I say.

Shame it wasn't a binding vote. Had it been, because of the electoral fraud by Vote Leave, the electoral commission would then have nullified the vote and in the re run everyone might have had a better idea of what they were voting for!! Obviously would have made no difference to people like GT49er.

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent
Well that’s it, I and I am sure millions of others like me, will never bother to go out and vote in elections again.

What is the point, when democracy means so little.

Clearly, we the public, can’t be trusted to make decisions, so I happily abstain from that right so the ****ers can get on with it...

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
I wonder if MV3 does happen next week and is defeated again if the Kyle/Wilson amendment may come into play.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
A quick recap, this is what happens when a **** calls for a referendum loses said referendum then resigns.

May is then in the hot seat, what does she do completely wrecks her majority by calling a GE, she and her cronies have no plan for Brexit whatsoever.

Then a bunch of clowns in parliament unanimously vote to invoke article 50 and then pass a law knowing there is absolutely no plan, then brilliantly (a master stroke) the negotiations are carried out by a bunch remainers.

Meanwhile the opposition party is about as much use as a chocolate fireguard. :glare:

RIP UK politics.:shootself

You couldn't make this shite up. :moo:

I honestly don’t know what the opposition is supposed to do / have done. Please read [MENTION=528]attila[/MENTION]’s post from earlier, says it better than I could, but the Tories own all of this, all of it.

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
Probably best to wait until it gets divided in three after Brexit, then see what's left. I'd be happy for leavers to have Lincolnshire...

Good idea. My family's fracture with the land of my fathers is complete. Can't the civilised half of Britain keep Stamford though?

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Are you that dumb, whilst you were getting your Y-Fronts signed by 'Race' your best mate, I tried to gently tell you that actually it was the coaching staff that were saying Wilkins was NOT away for three weeks, there is no stake in it for me from 10 years ago, I know you think your George Soros typing away in your spare bedroom but now you think your a friend of the players, bet they love you, get a life 'Walter Mitty' ....... :lolol::lolol:

I think you must be getting a little over excited at the prospect of finding out what you voted for 3 years ago.

I was no more than a somewhat bemused spectator whilst you were arguing with and telling a first team player that you knew better than he did, what was going on in the changing room :shrug:

And I note that you still think that you were right and he was wrong but I'm sure you know best, just like 'no deal' :lolol:

Last edited:

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
So a Tory whip has just voted against the motion he was telling others to vote for and the prime minister opposes a policy she supports. This coming from a mess caused after she called an election that she said wasn't going to happen for a mandate she said she had to support a process that she was opposed to in the first place.

Then throught she could crack on with just the DUP.

Didn’t matter to her only 700k less people voted for Labour’s Brexit version than hers, she was going to go the route of trying to keep the DUP and ERG happy and **** the rest of the house.

As said above the Tories own this shit fest lock stock and barrel.

neilbard

Hedging up
Oct 8, 2013
Tyringham
I honestly don’t know what the opposition is supposed to do / have done. Please read [MENTION=528]attila[/MENTION]’s post from earlier, says it better than I could, but the Tories own all of this, all of it.

No thanks, its bound to be another left wing spout about the Tories. :shrug:

LadySeagull

Jan 21, 2011
Portslade
Well I for one understand why Brexiters want to Brexit. As you say, you believe it will be better for the country.

You don't say why, though.

The Brexit supporters I know had reasons at the time. One is one of my best mates. We have: taking control of our borders (which we already have, but this will be the first and last time in this list I will point out the obvious); stopping the EU changing our laws; getting the right to fish our local waters; not being forced at a later date to give up the pound; not being ....actually I can't think of any other reasons.

You are a smart poster with a proper working brain. Please tell me what I'm missing; proper big fat unequivocal reasons for leaving that are not just a hopeful punt like a fiver on the winner of the Grand National.

For me, a brief summary of my main reasons would be regulatory and economic liberation, and long term, less bureaucracy. I was a child in the seventies so had no say, but I have always disliked layers of bureaucracy, including in the workplace. That's the way I am and I was always going to vote leave. No adverts needed.

Short term, there will be more bureaucracy but I expected that, just didn't expect this level of sabotage, subterfuge and incompetence.

But the very fact it has proved, and is still proving, almost impossible to extract ourselves - doesn't that ring alarm bells for you? It does me, and it doesn't make me think, OK, we'll get back in our cage then...

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
News-7.png

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
For me, a brief summary of my main reasons would be regulatory and economic liberation, and long term, less bureaucracy. I was a child in the seventies so had no say, but I have always disliked layers of bureaucracy, including in the workplace. That's the way I am and I was always going to vote leave. No adverts needed.

Short term, there will be more bureaucracy but I expected that, just didn't expect this level of sabotage, subterfuge and incompetence.

But the very fact it has proved, and is still proving, almost impossible to extract ourselves - doesn't that ring alarm bells for you? It does me, and it doesn't make me think, OK, we'll get back in our cage then...

Exactly what bureaucracy do you want to see removed and why? Most of it in the workplace is about health and safety for workers or to protect consumers. Bit like the Tories crying out for less banking regulation in the early 00s and then look what happened and imagine how much worse it would have been had there been less controls in place!

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Exactly what bureaucracy do you want to see removed and why? Most of it in the workplace is about health and safety for workers or to protect consumers. Bit like the Tories crying out for less banking regulation in the early 00s and then look what happened and imagine how much worse it would have been had there been less controls in place!

Drew, legislation is passed to control people, usually by powerful people who become more powerful as a consequence. As Lady Seagull says, doesn’t that alarm you? It’s not all consumer-led!

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003

I dislike layers of bureaucracy too, which is why I describe myself as a reluctant remainer. I am also a child of the 70s.

However that's ideological and I look at personal reality. My industry has been completely freed of bureaucracy because of the EU and so has my partners. It isn't called a free-market for nothing.

If you hark back to a Golden Age, you'd better tell everyone when it was. The reality is (I'm sorry) but you are more aware of bureaucracy and vested interest now, but that doesn't mean it didn't exist in the nationalised world of Post War Britain.

Life was "simpler", but you far less aware of what was going on.

Dangerous politicians like Rees Mogg aren't looking back to a glorious past, they are looking forward to a Utopian individualistic future that has never existed in this country. A country where they are quite happy for industries to be wiped out if they can't compete with the futurist communist capitalist fusion of undemocratic states like China.

A country that is currently setting up camps to re-educate those who dare to be religious.

That's their "free market", attempting to convince us that it's an improvement in the EU. And they dare to lecture us on "democracy" and personal freedom.

Be careful what you wish for because I promise you this. It certainly isn't on their their agenda.

Last edited:

LadySeagull

Jan 21, 2011
Portslade
If you hark back to a Golden Age...
No, I didn't say that. You are trying to twist my reason for voting to suit the stereotype you want to imagine is a typical 'leave' voter in their fifties.

You want to think you know why I voted the way I did. You are wrong, and surely you can see you have just tried to put words in my mouth that I didn't say?.

Exactly what bureaucracy do you want to see removed and why? Most of it in the workplace is about health and safety for workers or to protect consumers
That's not what I meant, regarding the workplace. Not paperwork, not 'elf n safety'!

In both cases, I mean the entire unnecessary and faceless layers upon layers of officialdom and ludicrous amounts of people all trying to justify their existence and salary.

So instead of demanding I have to tell you exactly why I voted the way I did (and would again, in a heartbeat, for the long term good, including economic freedoms of the country IMHO) how about some of the remainers here answer this?

the very fact it has proved, and is still proving, almost impossible to extract ourselves - doesn't that ring alarm bells for you? It does me, and it doesn't make me think, OK, we'll get back in our cage then...

Surely you are slightly uncomfortable, are there no alarm bells at all about a country being unable to extract itself from what was meant to be a Trade Agreement?

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Give us an extension for what? This is a mess of our making not theirs, so just get on with it and as they know we'll be on our knees begging within 3 weeks of no deal they'll cope fine until then as they don't need us more than we need them.
Fine, you think they'd rather go with No Deal than give us an extension. I think they'd rather give us an extension.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
No, I didn't say that. You are trying to twist my reason for voting to suit the stereotype you want to imagine is a typical 'leave' voter in their fifties.

You want to think you know why I voted the way I did. You are wrong, and surely you can see you have just tried to put words in my mouth that I didn't say?.

That's not what I meant, regarding the workplace. Not paperwork, not 'elf n safety'!

In both cases, I mean the entire unnecessary and faceless layers upon layers of officialdom and ludicrous amounts of people all trying to justify their existence and salary.

All of this is just hyperbole. Name something specific that you think is superfluous to the running of a business that have been imposed on us by the EU. You must know one as this is part of the basis of your argument for leaving

So instead of demanding I have to tell you exactly why I voted the way I did (and would again, in a heartbeat, for the long term good, including economic freedoms of the country IMHO) how about some of the remainers here answer this?

Surely you are slightly uncomfortable, are there no alarm bells at all about a country being unable to extract itself from what was meant to be a Trade Agreement?

If I'm uncomfortable, it's not due to the EU, it's due to our politicians not being able to work out what exactly is best for the well being of this country. The 17m leave voters didn't all vote for the same thing. The stance of the EU is and always will be to protect the members of the EU, not serve up on a plate a deal for the UK that is better than the deal we currently have as members. Anyone who thought they would must be raving bonkers.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here