Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Renewing for Next Season ??

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Nice thing is that the Twickers lot that we've seen for the past season and a half invariably bring along a gaggle of sprogs who have hopefully been bitten by the football bug and will remain hooked on the Albion long after pater has pissed back orf to egg-chasing or farmers markets.

Fignon's Ponytail

Jun 29, 2012
On the Beach
My son went to Welbeck and is now at Loughborough uni. You shouldn’t need to support him much financially if yours is on the DTUS scheme as they get a good bursary and paid training in the holidays. My son bought a record deck with his bursary and has been skiing every winter and mountaineering in the summer without me having to put my hand in my pocket!

Hes interviewing this month for the VIth form - DTUS is for when you go on to Uni isnt it, or have I got it totally wrong? We went to Welbeck last month for the open day and spoke to a few senior staff there...at the moment its looking like a ballpark figure of £300 p/m that we will have to find :eek:

Diablo

NSC Patreon
Sep 22, 2014
lewes
As a family have three STs. One son works/lives west london and one although local plays sport on saturdays. We probably only had six games that we all went to although tickets always used. Even though closer than most don`t enjoy travelling to and from the ground. My ticket at £760(£40 game) is getting harder to justify. Would be nice to have a money tree in the garden but sadly haven`t. I`m sure I will but haven`t yet.

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
It's not just supporting the Albion. It's the whole day event.

A large group of us meet up for a couple of pints and head down to the Amex in our coach where we have a few more pints. We watch the game and head back for more beers and a probable curry. There is no way I am giving that up.

Ahhh, football. A great day out spoilt by 90 mins of the albion in the middle of the day ha.

pearl

May 3, 2016
Behind My Eyes
For the first season in approximately 20 years I've not been to any away games this season (So far) I foolishly decided the all day drinking etc was getting too much. However, the jobs my other half has come up with to 'fill' my spare Saturday's has convinced me that there is no level of performance, bad results, or anything else that will persuade me not to renew my season ticket until I am safely in a nursing home or box. Even if I can not afford to renew I shall go and stand outside if necessary :lolol:

:lolol:

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Hes interviewing this month for the VIth form - DTUS is for when you go on to Uni isnt it, or have I got it totally wrong? We went to Welbeck last month for the open day and spoke to a few senior staff there...at the moment its looking like a ballpark figure of £300 p/m that we will have to find :eek:

My son was on the DTUS scheme at Welbeck for his A levels. You have to apply to them direct rather than the college, so it might be too late for this year’s entry. Worth finding out, though.... His interview was down in Wiltshire somewhere but he may have also been to the college (only a few years ago, but my memory is poor as he sorted it all out himself). We definitely went to the open day, though.

It’s a fabulous place, though I’m not sure I’d have been able to support him to the tune of £300 per month if we’d had to pay. My daughter was running up huge loans training to be an airline pilot at the same time!

If your son goes there, make sure you go to the AGI. A great day out! Some old royal turned up to take the salute from my sons year. I don’t think he drove himself there, though :lol:

Last edited:

E

Eric Youngs Contact Lense

Oh really? I grew up in Hove, have lived on and off in Brighton and my first child was born at the Royall Sussex. I've followed Albion since my Dad took me to my first game in 1952. I had a season ticket for years in the old South stand at the Goldstone and unhappily made the trek to Gillingham a few times. Too late now to change, even if I wanted to.

Through all that there surely have been plenty of disappointments but also some brilliant days. Trouble is, the brilliant days seem fewer to-day. Last year it was all about survival and guess what - that's gonna be the mantra again this season. And next? And the one after that? At some stage the game plan surely has to change?

I wasn't questioning your credentials. I was surprised that this season appears to be the one that is making you consider not renewing. In all your years I am struggling to agree that this just isn't a "golden era" to be savoured. What we have right now, is likely to be the template, assuming we survive this year, for the next few years. Survival will be the name of the game as it is for about 10 of the Clubs in the PL each year. If that doesn't fit with what you have experienced and felt was worth renewing for then I really wouldn't bother if I were in your shoes..

indy3050

Jun 22, 2011
It's not just supporting the Albion. It's the whole day event.

A large group of us meet up for a couple of pints and head down to the Amex in our coach where we have a few more pints. We watch the game and head back for more beers and a probable curry. There is no way I am giving that up.

This all over. We could be in the conference and I’d still go for these exact reasons. Pre match lunch and beers in town with the boys is often more enjoyable than the match itself. I know some people can’t get their heads around that but there we go.

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
As a family have three STs. One son works/lives west london and one although local plays sport on saturdays. We probably only had six games that we all went to although tickets always used. Even though closer than most don`t enjoy travelling to and from the ground. My ticket at £760(£40 game) is getting harder to justify. Would be nice to have a money tree in the garden but sadly haven`t. I`m sure I will but haven`t yet.

I’ll shortly be offered a ST. If I go for it, it’ll be in the NS. I only today noticed they’re priced at £535, which seems pretty fair. Good view of the game.

SeagullDubai

May 13, 2016
Might not bother with bronze membership if we go down as I think tickets will be easier to come by.

Sent from my MI 6 using Tapatalk

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
This all over. We could be in the conference and I’d still go for these exact reasons. Pre match lunch and beers in town with the boys is often more enjoyable than the match itself. I know some people can’t get their heads around that but there we go.

I don’t do that myself, rarely drinking these days. But I totally get that, you make a day of it with mates, having a laugh at the same time. Happy days.

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Might not bother with bronze membership if we go down as I think tickets will be easier to come by.

Sent from my MI 6 using Tapatalk

The cost of Bronze membership was recently reduced:

3B6C01C6-C883-49C0-B79E-F42EB96DA853.png

Whatever division we’re in, giving you first location for seats and sitting together.

Yours,
Paul

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
No-one here has so far mentioned the quality of the football, the reliance upon a game plan that doesn't sem to have a plan 'B' , I go not only to support Albion but to be entertained, and the last few weeks have been anything but that. Given the quality of Andone, Ali J et al then I'd thought and hoped that we'd be in a much better place than we are. Now I simply can't decide wether to endure another season of this. Probably will in the end _ I still want to be a tiny insignifcant part of it...

After the wolves game at home there was a similar conversation on here with people saying that actually they enjoyed albion being battered for 80 minutes and holding out as much as they did when we were hammering teams off the park in the championship.

Each to their own.

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
As P***ed off as I am with our position, performance and manager, I’ll renew even if we do get relegated. We have to take the rough with the smooth. All the plastics will be the ones dithering about renewing, these are the same plastics who all of a sudden became BHA “fans” once we had our new stadium and then more so when we got promoted.

Are the moaners plastics or new fans though?

Or is it those how have seem an awful lot of games (especially away games currently, as the crowd is made up of high loyalty point total holders) and are being affected by the laws of diminishing returns where by doing something so often it loses it's appeal and edge that it once had when newer? (hence why entertainment is now their priority rather than the club following a tactic that gives us the best hope for survival)

Oh btw - renewing without needing to give it a 2nd thought

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
I don’t do that myself, rarely drinking these days. But I totally get that, you make a day of it with mates, having a laugh at the same time. Happy days.

Definitely. I also don't drink at the ground as I get the park and ride so have to drive home from mill road area.

Footy for me is a socialable affair, knowing everyone who stands around us. Really great social event and some of the football is certainly a distraction.

The only time I used to drink was at the goldstone walkable for me, and then gillingham coach travel. and withdean lift from the wife...

Unless you go with someone getting to and from on the busses tends to be a quiet affair as most people are faffing with their phones...me included!

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here